Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens vs. Patriots AFC Championship Preview: Chance To Get Over The Hump

34 posts in this topic

John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome knew how difficult it would be to get back to this point. Just two weeks after losing to the Patriots in last year’s AFC championship, Newsome cautioned against th...

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-vs-Patriots-AFC-Championship-Preview-Chance-To-Get-Over-The-Hump/ff7663b2-aea6-4dde-83a5-18c27cdef64f]View the full article[/url]

Dont everyone post at one time, lol, Everyone to busy going crazy today.. I know im lossing it. I cant wait revenege is sweet and the suberbowl is even sweeter no mercey dont let off the gas and lets get this W. Go ravens and Ravens nation, Let's show after 5 playoff trips with three afc championship visit that the national media give us the respect that is due, Lets go ravens 34 Ne 24

one that hates us. They all hate us and have a crush on Brady so we know we have to win against many cheaters. Bill bellacheat and the refs.

From ESPN... http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/1standgoal-championship/championship-round

Bill Leavy will be handling the New England-Baltimore game. Leavy tends to let the players play. His 13.9 penalties a game is the ninth fewest. His 22 holding penalties tied for the second fewest. But cornerbacks need to watch out. Leavy led the NFL with 20 pass interference penalties. His games tend to be higher scoring at 48.7 points, fifth highest among officials.

Time to get OVER THE HUMP- and pitch out that junk in the trunk !
GO RAVENS- with avengeance !

lets go baby no excuses it's time to overcome! don't let pretty boy back to another superbowl this is ray's year!!

Rich Eisen is still whining about us beating the broncos,,, really the disrespect they show this team is unreal .

Did you know? Since Jim Caldwell took over as OC in 4 games Joe is averaging 294 yds per game passing. I love when they talk about running the ball to keep Brady off the field.
Did you know? We had three drives for TD's against the Colts that took 16 plays and 5:28
off the clock and we had 4 drives for TD's against the Broncos that took 15 plays and
5:28 off the clock. Taking time off the clock with long drives is not our strength.

[quote name='BillHill' timestamp='1358697728' post='1318365']
From ESPN... [url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/1standgoal-championship/championship-round"]http://espn.go.com/n...mpionship-round[/url]

Bill Leavy will be handling the New England-Baltimore game. Leavy tends to let the players play. His 13.9 penalties a game is the ninth fewest. His 22 holding penalties tied for the second fewest. But cornerbacks need to watch out. Leavy led the NFL with 20 pass interference penalties. His games tend to be higher scoring at 48.7 points, fifth highest among officials.
[/quote]

Interesting. With that in mind it would make sense to launch even more bombs downfield.

This may turn out to be another Torey Smith show. Which would be nice :)

This might not be a good throwing day for either QB but especially Joe. Very windy.
25 mph gusts to 50 mph. Go get 'em Joe.

It's pretty simple. If we score TDs in the red zone against the grand master of goaline defense (Bellicheck) then we win. If we get FGs or give up turnovers we will lose. And its the same thing when it comes to our defense in the red zone vs their offense. Focus on the task at hand baby and play your best game ever. What's my name- RAVENS!!

Am curious to see which way the officials go in this game,seems to me they favor the Patriots every time, the officials are the ones to determine who wins football games unless the Ravens wins by 50 points

I hope Joe E-Lite picks his shots at Torrey with Aqib Talib in coverage! Don't think that we have the only Lardarius Webb/Ed Reed-caliber cover guys in the league!

Make Belichick, scratch his head and react to our passing game in front of his Secondary, then go over the top!

And,... Ray Rice can definitely get going provided Jim Caldwell get's him to the edge or off Tackle!

Running the 1 and 2 holes for 2 yards is great in the 4th Quarter with a 3 score lead but not a way to threaten the defense early!

If Brady slept at all last night he had to have had nightmares. I never saw a player as complacent about losing last year's Super Bowl as Tom was. It would be disgraceful for this attitude of his to represent the AFC once again. I hope their party is over. May he who plays the best win. Impartial officiating.

Ravens 24
Patriots 13

I have a feeling this is going to be low scoring, more run oriented for both teams due to the high winds. But if we win 38-31, I'm fine with that too. :)

I'm feeling an Ed Reed INT ...
with a lateral back to Ray Lewis
Runn back for a TD!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bxj286Bn0Q&feature=player_detailpage

Conspiracy theory incoming...

Perhaps now that the NFL can't get the Manning/Brady game they wanted, maybe they now favor the possibility of a Harbaugh bowl. Is it possible the referees just might favor the Raven's today?

Joe can out throw brady in the wind, the game last week had gusting winds n he dropped bombs! The run defense will be key, Kruger n Suggs are gonna hold it down.. Kruger wants some $$$

[i]For those that may not be aware:[/i]

[i][color=#ff0000][i]Stay tuned to [/i][url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/"][color="#0f72da"]BaltimoreRavens.com[/color][/url][i] before Sunday's game. Beginning around 5:30pm, we will stream pre-game Sights & Sounds LIVE from on the field at Gillette Stadium. Watch the players warm-up for the game and go inside the huddle to watch and listen to Ray Lewis give his pre-game motivational speech to the team.[/i][/color][/i]

[i][color=#800080]Go Ravens!!![/color][/i]

Sad to see fans worrying about the refs already. C'mon man! This game will be about which team controls the line of scrimmage. If we get in Brady's face and head and they can't run much, we're in good shape. If Wolfork and co. do what they did last year, we're no tin good shape. Go K.O., BMac, and the regulars.

I don't think it is a worrying about the refs thing. But like all things, take advantage of the tendencies. If a secondary plays soft to one side, you are going to take advantage of it. Same thing, if a referee is known to be more critical on certain plays, take advantage of it.