6 replies to this topic

#1 rayven98

rayven98

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

With the way he has been playing any chance we match him on welker? Welker kills teams catching the ball short of first down and managing to get those extra yards for a first.

#2 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

With the way he has been playing any chance we match him on welker? Welker kills teams catching the ball short of first down and managing to get those extra yards for a first.

He'll be on Welker for the majority of the game

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

He seems more of a playmaker than cover man, I'm expecting everything from big penalties to big plays.

#4 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yeah, Corey plays slot in the nickel, which is where Welker usually lines up, and Webb handled in the past. Wes "Wekler" as Boston's buffoonish mayor referred to him will still get his catches, as he did against even Webb, but I love having a "special teams guy" like Graham give us such a good matchup compared to what you might expect when Webb went down which was a huge question mark. Corey's importance to our defensive resurgence can't be overstated, and extends way past last week.

Our secondary is going to be MEAN next year with both Graham and Webb, Jimmy Smith and Chykie Brown continuing to develop and Jimmy getting healthy. Ed Reed is a question mark, but if we don't resign him, Ihedigbo kind of gives us a "double Pollard" hammering pair of safeties that would be fun to watch. I still love Ed and want to resign him, but he looked awful on that Demaryius Thomas touchdown. We didn't give up a deep ball all game though, which is a testament to Reed and Pollard.

Edited by Fred Sanford, 20 January 2013 - 04:15 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Having Webb for this game would have really been a massive help on Welker.

We're likely going to have play some inside, outside coverages on him on 3rd downs. Then pray that Pollard can keep up with Hernandez. Look for Suggs to be chipping on every 3rd down that isn't a blitz.

#6 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, Corey plays slot in the nickel, which is where Welker usually lines up, and Webb handled in the past. Wes "Wekler" as Boston's buffoonish mayor referred to him will still get his catches, as he did against even Webb, but I love having a "special teams guy" like Graham give us such a good matchup compared to what you might expect when Webb went down which was a huge question mark. Corey's importance to our defensive resurgence can't be overstated, and extends way past last week.

Our secondary is going to be MEAN next year with both Graham and Webb, Jimmy Smith and Chykie Brown continuing to develop and Jimmy getting healthy. Ed Reed is a question mark, but if we don't resign him, Ihedigbo kind of gives us a "double Pollard" hammering pair of safeties that would be fun to watch. I still love Ed and want to resign him, but he looked awful on that Demaryius Thomas touchdown. We didn't give up a deep ball all game though, which is a testament to Reed and Pollard.

Their Mayor is actually a fine mayor. He's just a goofy guy.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#7 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

corey comes up BIG this game against welker. called it! lol!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users