atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Flacco, Ryan seek fans' respect

http://msn.foxsports...-careers-011613

This is a very good article.... I know in the past falcons and Ravens fans has went at eash other throats to justify why our QB is better... One side feel the other side gets more props then the other side... Both are in their 5th year....Im past the Flacco vs Ryan thing... We should be comparing these guys to the Brady's Rodgers, Brees, and Mannings.... I feel like neither of these guys get enough respect.... If both can take care of their business tomorrow.... The league will have to take notice.

Edited by atljbo, 19 January 2013 - 09:36 PM.

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

This was a great article. Really puts things into perspective. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Matt Ryan when he's being snubbed just as much as Joe.

As the article said, I think anything less than a Super Bowl win and they'll never be recognized for the great talents they are.

That's just sad.

If we were to lose in Foxborough this weekend and the Falcons make a trip to the Super Bowl, I may root for Matty Ice.

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 19 January 2013 - 09:54 PM.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#3 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

How awesome would that be for both these underrated QB's to make the superbowl. we win of course . I would be very curious to see what the sports commentators would say then . The article is right I have followed the coverage all week its all about the 49ers and the patriots even when they interview our players its about the patriots . niether of these guys get credit .

#4 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

How awesome would that be for both these underrated QB's to make the superbowl. we win of course . I would be very curious to see what the sports commentators would say then . The article is right I have followed the coverage all week its all about the 49ers and the patriots even when they interview our players its about the patriots . niether of these guys get credit .

Ive noticed the same thing went some of our players interviews ive seen today that took place this week.... It was more about the 49ers then asking about our own team.

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#5 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Ive noticed the same thing went some of our players interviews ive seen today that took place this week.... It was more about the 49ers then asking about our own team.

a close friend is a sports reporter and he said . Flacco could play the patriots shut them out hang 40 points on them and it will be more about how Brady lost then about Flacco winning he told me that monday i said nope when Flacco wins this game they will respect him and have to recognize him but now, after this week i think hes right . and thats not ok to me

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'd prefer BAL-ATL to The HarBowl, personally, just so that this debate gets solved once and for all!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#7 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

If we were to lose in Foxborough this weekend and the Falcons make a trip to the Super Bowl, I may root for Matty Ice.

I definitely will be in that scenario
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#8 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

There's been a lot of talk about Flacco and Ryan. They're pretty similar in that they both get the job done and don't get enough credit. And obviously the Matt Ryan playoff thing was overblown. There's always something that people say a QB can't do, until he does it. So what's the point? Flacco used to get criticism about sucking in the postseason. 3 years later and people are calling the postseason his strong suit. Matt Ryan is going to be the same.

For the record, since the article talks about no one believing in the Falcons before September, I did have the Falcons going 13-3. I paid attention. I knew where their offense would be and I knew they would win a playoff game.

They both are starting to get credit though. The old class of elites/near elites (Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers, Cutler, Romo) are likely on the downswing and P. Manning, and Brady won't be around for too much longer. Flacco and Ryan will be at the top one day.

#9 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Nice to see Ravens fans giving Ryan respect. Too bad the same can't be said about Falcons fans:

http://boards.atlant...k-fans-respect/

I've said from the jump, the ONLY reason I root against Ryan is because Falcons fans have this ridiculous bitterness towards Flacco.

#10 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nice to see Ravens fans giving Ryan respect. Too bad the same can't be said about Falcons fans:

http://boards.atlant...k-fans-respect/

I've said from the jump, the ONLY reason I root against Ryan is because Falcons fans have this ridiculous bitterness towards Flacco.

be the bigger person.... Most Falcons fans are not like that... Some are saying what im saying.... Some dont like flacco... I mean in the other team game day thread most root for Ryan to fail during game days on here.... Its both sides.... Just move past it.... Like said both perform in their schemes and deserve their props.

Once both guys earn they respect.. Both sides will get past it.

Just honestly speaking.. I think Flacco will get his full props after this year (Ray retire) .... If yall win it all most will give him his props but allot will say yall won because Ray lifted yall with his return..... Just like i feel about Ryan... Screw who ever dont like your QB.... But im not gonna hate flacco just because a raven fan hates Ryan... I might think Ryan is better but i cant take away from what Flacco has done... I will give his props.

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#11 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

To all falcon fans who believe Matt Ryan would flourish on the ravens and would have won the games we lost in the playoffs, I have two words for you, cam Cameron.

I doubt Matt could handle the air Coryell( he does not have the arm).

Now flacco would put up huge numbers in a falcon offense centered around the quarterback with TWO elite wrs and HOF tight end.

I like Matt Ryan. He is a top 10 qb and on the same pedestal as flacco as of now. But flacco is just more physically gifted( throw to jacoby that Matt would have lifted in the air to get picked)

#12 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

There's been a lot of talk about Flacco and Ryan. They're pretty similar in that they both get the job done and don't get enough credit. And obviously the Matt Ryan playoff thing was overblown. There's always something that people say a QB can't do, until he does it. So what's the point? Flacco used to get criticism about sucking in the postseason. 3 years later and people are calling the postseason his strong suit. Matt Ryan is going to be the same.

For the record, since the article talks about no one believing in the Falcons before September, I did have the Falcons going 13-3. I paid attention. I knew where their offense would be and I knew they would win a playoff game.

They both are starting to get credit though. The old class of elites/near elites (Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers, Cutler, Romo) are likely on the downswing and P. Manning, and Brady won't be around for too much longer. Flacco and Ryan will be at the top one day.

But how did you know?
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#13 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

be the bigger person.... Most Falcons fans are not like that... Some are saying what im saying.... Some dont like flacco... I mean in the other team game day thread most root for Ryan to fail during game days on here.... Its both sides.... Just move past it.... Like said both perform in their schemes and deserve their props.

Once both guys earn they respect.. Both sides will get past it.

Just honestly speaking.. I think Flacco will get his full props after this year (Ray retire) .... If yall win it all most will give him his props but allot will say yall won because Ray lifted yall with his return..... Just like i feel about Ryan... Screw who ever dont like your QB.... But im not gonna hate flacco just because a raven fan hates Ryan... I might think Ryan is better but i cant take away from what Flacco has done... I will give his props.

Hate to say this, but you are one of very few Falcons fans that dont mock Flacco. There is a lot of people on those boards whose resentment to Flacco is just straight up unreasonable.

But for the record, I'm pulling for a Bird Bowl. I want to see the two best up and coming QBs in the league go head to head in February.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#14 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hate to say this, but you are one of very few Falcons fans that dont mock Flacco. There is a lot of people on those boards whose resentment to Flacco is just straight up unreasonable.

But for the record, I'm pulling for a Bird Bowl. I want to see the two best up and coming QBs in the league go head to head in February.

I want that two but there's part of me wants to see flacco rip the san Fran d a new one and then give [you can't say that in these forums].

Edited by Moderator 3, 20 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#15 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I mean really, what the heck is this?

http://boards.atlant...cco/page__st__0

Why are they so obsessed?

#16 JoeCool#5

JoeCool#5

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sounds like they are still bitter about the fact, Falcons didn't get the best QB in the draft class.

Or the best RB.

Good Job Oz

Edited by JoeCool#5, 20 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

9 playoff wins
3 AFC Championship game appearances
1 AFC Championship
1 Super Bowl Title
1 Super Bowl MVP

Give the kid a running game and the world is his oyster. 

#17 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Sounds like they are still bitter about the fact, Falcons didn't get the best QB in the draft class.

Or the best RB.

Good Job Oz

Exactly right. Most ATL fans that I have seen act like that when it comes to our team.

At least the Falcon fans that come to our forums are decent guys; I like having them here. (They probably come here because they cant stand ATL fans either haha)

#18 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm with you ratedr. They have more Flacco threads than we do. It's ridiculous. And Matt Ryan has never been under the criticism that Joe has so I don't want to hear any of that. I have nothing against Matt Ryan just his fans.

Edited by raybaby, 20 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#19 margeta2005

margeta2005

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

it would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic

#20 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

To all falcon fans who believe Matt Ryan would flourish on the ravens and would have won the games we lost in the playoffs, I have two words for you, cam Cameron.

I doubt Matt could handle the air Coryell( he does not have the arm).

Now flacco would put up huge numbers in a falcon offense centered around the quarterback with TWO elite wrs and HOF tight end.

I like Matt Ryan. He is a top 10 qb and on the same pedestal as flacco as of now. But flacco is just more physically gifted( throw to jacoby that Matt would have lifted in the air to get picked)

It's pretty sad that Falcons fans would throw the rest of their team under the bus like that just to say they got the better quarterback. The QB takes precedence over the other 52 combined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users