Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: A Team Of Believers, Not Destiny

131 posts in this topic

My apologies to anyone running with this, but I’m not really on board with the whole “team of destiny” thing as an explanation for the Ravens’ run to Sunday’s AFC title game. Maybe I should be mo...

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-A-Team-Of-Believers-Not-Destiny/9be9363b-fd7f-4f15-96d1-b22281fb52e2]View the full article[/url]

i believe the Ravens are just pure hardcore, no nonsense ballers! this "destiny" thing can come back to haunt them IF they believe that. cause IF they lose...then what? it was their "destiny" to reach back to back AFC Championships....only to lose to the patriots....again? smh! i like their confidence and swagger-mentality that they are demonstrating. you need that to win this type of game. IF you believe you can....you can!

~Mili

Right on with this story. I'm tired of hearing the media call us a team of destiny. We are a team that has worked hard to get where we are. Luck and destiny has less to do with it than hard work, preparation, and desire.

A BELIEVE banner hanging on the front of a Baltimore building is my Facebook banner: I believe we will win this game. We are a better team, we deserved to win last year, and we'll win it this year.
But I do hope we still cut out some of the dumb stuff: I wouldn't like to give LadyBrady 14 free points to work with...

I'm not sure if I believe in destiny or fate or any of that... but I think it is pretty darn sweet that we are getting a rematch of last years AFC championship game. Call it whatever you want but I think our guys WANT this more and I hope we send Ray Lewis to the Super Bowl and let him retire with one of the best endings of a career. He deserves it!

Pleeaasssse take care of business Sunday!

We are booking tickets to New Orleans ...
BUT only when the Ravens win Sunday night. [Wife Rule :( ]

Never been there, so please take care of business Sunday.
Oh yes ... We all want it sooo bad!
Yup, we're coming from Oslo, Norway ... so look out Bourbon Street!

FYI - I am 6 hours ahead of EST time in Norway, so ...
The NFL AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME starts LIVE at 12:30 am Monday morning here!!!
(Oh yea, pulling an "all-nighter party for sure! Make it special, Ravens!!!)

Can't wait to see Ray Lewis and Co. swinging in the Superdome!!!! :)

Very glad to see this post, Mr. Eisenberg! There is not a pre-ordained outcome to this game and there are no invisible beings pulling strings to make sure that Flacco finds his receivers. There will be a battle in Foxboro, but the Ravens will win because they are the most focused, most talented, and most well-prepared team on the field.

@ravensnj ... "One question: Brady, who's your daddy?"

That's an easy one ....

Ray Lewis is ur Daddy!!!! :)

[ Gonna have to burp him and put him down soon, Ray! ] LMAO

One main reason i believe we will win because we all felt that heart break of losing last year this year they will make sure that dont happen

The haunt of last years' game is still with all of our guys that lived it, the newer guys that know of it, and all of us fans that cried after it.......it's in their hands, now. Just make this a game to remember on the great side of things.

I do not really care what you think i believe what i believe and that is in this team. all that they have been through, and come out where they are now they were suppose to be out of it if we listen to people like you but no ,they believe in eachother and we fans believ in them too so FORGET what you say WEsay this is a team os DESTINY PERIOD.

Im probably one of the Biggest Ravens fans ever and im so confident that were gonna win that i made a $1000 bet with one of my buddies who a Pats fan so PLEASE Ravens win this one !!!!!!

Great article.
Nothing in life is pre-determined, and that "destiny" crap is an insult to the mental toughness of our guys - from stars like Flacco, to guys like Hamilton pulled off the practice squad to battle Manning, to a guy like Chris Johnson who walked away from football to hold his family together in the aftermath of a tragedy, only to be pulled from obscurity to be a part of it.

God may open doors and put the path in front of you, but you have to do the work and walk the walk.

This team is forged of men with an iron resolve, dedicated to each other, walking into the lion's den of fame, money, cheaters, supermodels and endorsement contracts.

Never have I been more proud of my Ravens.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1358623633' post='1317586']
Win tomorrow, period. Make what happen last year right.
[/quote]

Houston looked scared against these boys that is the opposite of us we know we can beat them our offense is to explosive for their D and our D is the best matchup in the league for Brady

the Ravens are underdogs, but [b]they believe[/b] it is [b]their turn[/b], [b]their time[/b], and [b]nothing is going to change their minds[/b].

...worth repeating

Speaking of "destiny" or not...the last 3 teams to play the eagles home opener have won the super bowl. Weird weird coincidence....lets make it 4 in a row baby!!!

Only kyle flacco can help them beat us with his constant giveaways! Hes doing a good job the past 2 weeks but he's a QB with a big arm and not much else. When he starts getting heat we will see if he can take it. History says he folds but maybe this time he steps up!

Lol, I think we all are part of some destiny John, whether we can rational the "whats" or not. Just because we know the science of why the sun rises every day doesn't mean that God isn't part of it.

Now,I am not suggesting God oversees a football game, I am pretty sure there is a much bigger picture here then that. But if this game, or any other game for that matter, allows someone to take away from it something good in their life, then who are we to say this is not by design. Not me.

But....I do agree with the point I think you are making. Win or lose tomorrow, what will happen, will happen because of everything that was done to get to this point. And....why can't that be part of the destiny of the team? I like to believe good or bad, everything we experience is designed to teach us something.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

I hear you John. Let's hope we win tomorrow because we are ready to win. :)

GO RAVENS!

It's no doubt we are a team of believers. There's no doubt that every man on the Ravens team and organization have the utmost faith in themselves. These things come natural with pride and a love for their team. I'm not a big believer in "destiny" and "meant to be's". i mean i have my superstitions i do before Ravens games, but thats just something i do to make myself more comfortable. 6 times this year, those superstitions didn't work. Those beliefs and talks about destiny seem like just that. talk... But after the last couple weeks, my hardened heart is starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, The ravens are indeed destined? From heartaches to last year, and heartaches this year. The injuries, the firings, the tragedies. Yeah the team never faltered, but the team is human. Human... and then i see what they conquer through and think are they human? I see a hail mary 1 in a 1000 shot. One quicker shuffle of the feet from Rahim Moore. Or even a change of wind direction could've changed "destiny". But for some reason, it swings to our favor. Almost like yeah that's not supposed to happen, but we kinda knew it was going to happen. Jacoby Jones didn't even dance. I didn't dance. I didn't yell like i do after every Ravens TD. I was silent. You could see the shock and awe in Jacoby's face. The look that defined to me this thing called "destiny". I see a struggling offense going back and forth in OT. And then the best QB in the league throwing an interception at the most crucial point of the game. Ravens win. I'm not saying we're "God's team" or something like that. But its just hard for me believe how many hoops we've had to hurdle to get here. How many All in moments we've had to survive. Hey, Maybe its just coincidence. Right place at the right time. It's just the physical nature of the game. Or maybe. maybe maybe maybe. The Ravens really are.... destined...

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1358631438' post='1317732']
Lol, I think we all are part of some destiny John, whether we can rational the "whats" or not. Just because we know the science of why the sun rises every day doesn't mean that God isn't part of it.

Now,I am not suggesting God oversees a football game, I am pretty sure there is a much bigger picture here then that. But if this game, or any other game for that matter, allows someone to take away from it something good in their life, then who are we to say this is not by design. Not me.

GO RAVENS!
[/quote]

God has a plan.... My saying for the last year or so, and not because of football, but because our personal life has been "interesting" to say the very least. That being said... I have to agree to some extent.\

Destiny is believing... and believing leads to destiny... Why can't we have them both...
A team that believes in itself enough to go out there and do what it is that they were meant to do.

Man, I'm so confident in Ravens (every season I am) and I think our D will help to do win this week. Suggs is getting back :D

Destiny or not, at the end of the Broncos game last week Ray Lewis was sitting on the bench with that cloak on and his head down like he was praying. My wife asked me what he was doing and I said, "He's praying and in fact it looks like he is the only one praying because everybody else is up on the sidelines. Then I told my wife, "Since he's the only one praying, guess who's going to win? Next thing that happened was the Mile High Miracle. That's destiny.

Win or Lose tomorrow!! I am so proud to be in Baltimore and call myself a Ravens fan!!!

Proud of this team that has given everything they can to reach this stage of tournament. I don't know whether we will win or lose tomorrow, but I know for sure which team will play their hearts out on the field, and that is our RAVENS!!

I hear ya John but if the "Team" believes it's destiny, I'll go with that.
If they believe God & Ray are going to take them to the promised land, I'm on board with that too.
Whatever it takes to win us a super bowl. We've bled (metaphorically speaking)right along with those guys all year and we deserve it to be our year!
GO RAVENS!!!!

I believe ...

- in destiny!
- in the Baltimore Ravens!!
- in Proper Preparation!!!

And I believe that ...

THE RAVENS WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@thunderroach Ahh there's those Flacco haters...what you gonna start a new "Start Tyrod" forum now? Nice way to support the team.

Time for some “Ball So Hard” relentlessly dominating smashmouth Ravens football. Gotta shut the run down and make Brady try to win on his arm alone. That means Jones, Upshaw, Cody and Ngata have to dominate. LBs gotta make everyone who ventures across the middle pay a hefty painful Ravens toll. Anything that looks remotely deep has to have 2 defenders all over it to ensure nothing is taken for granted. Gillette Stadium needs to look like a scene out of Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” with patriots and fans running for cover as the Ravens’ defense flies all over the field. This is it, time to exact retribution on our way to the Super Bowl!!

GO RAVENS!!

Ok well the first thing ill say this has been the longest week ever, first of all ive had to, of course, wait for the game, and to make it even longer i have to wait for a yes or no from a girl at school on a 3 day weekend x_x

It's gonna be 21 degrees tomorrow night. Cold temperatures. And some gusty wind. What do you guys think about how we will fair in that weather?

This article is ridiculous. We ARE a team of destiny. God wills it to be and it happens. This team is going to be in New Orleans, not because a Denver safety got beat, but because it was supposed to happen.

[quote name='NinjaTurtles' timestamp='1358635661' post='1317810']
It's gonna be 21 degrees tomorrow night. Cold temperatures. And some gusty wind. What do you guys think about how we will fair in that weather?
[/quote] Well considering what last weeks weather was like in Denver this will be a sauna practically. Going from -3 degrees, to 21 is quite an improvement!

[quote name='NinjaTurtles' timestamp='1358635661' post='1317810']
[/quote]

4th quarter in Denver the Wind chill was -2 degrees... Those were some cold temperatures... Mile High...gusty winds... and the same determined team we had last week... maybe moreso because we are back in Foxborough... We Will Be Just Fine!

D3X3001... You and I were thinking the same thing.

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1358631438' post='1317732']

But....I do agree with the point I think you are making. Win or lose tomorrow, what will happen, will happen because of everything that was done to get to this point. And....why can't that be part of the destiny of the team? I like to believe good or bad, everything we experience is designed to teach us something.

GO RAVENS!
[/quote]Sir, I just have to say that seeing you quote Scripture on this page brightened up my day significantly. God bless.