Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raven07

The Formula 1 Thread

134 posts in this topic

didn't see any thread on this, figured it was time to create one....this is the Formula 1 thread, post anything and everything related to Formula One, talk about the upcoming season(s)...the drivers, the teams, the cars, whose got the edge, whose losing ground, who do YOU think will bring it home? talk about past drivers and past races and legends of the sport!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcLhl_2dPM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0sKdHk6dyk

props for making this thread... been watching F1 since early 90s... always a Senna fan, then Schumacher before Kimi

Not to sound like a hater, but I think this would've fit perfectly well in The Car Thread.

That being said, who is your favorite F1 manufacturer?

Not to sound like a hater, but I think this would've fit perfectly well in The Car Thread.

That being said, who is your favorite F1 manufacturer?

thought about it but this is more of a sport than a hobby.. Formula One is a sport :229031_cheer:

thought about it but this is more of a sport than a hobby.. Formula One is a sport :229031_cheer:

Anyway, who do you hink makes the best F1 cars?

McLaren seems to draw it for me, course there's always Ferrari and of course Peugeot.. Lewis Hamilton has left McLaren and joined Mercedes, with Shumacher retiring, Mercedes signed Hamilton after things went down hill between McLaren and him.. not sure if I like the more or not, hoping to see Senna Move up and do well this season.... Senna fan for life!

ohh man the memories this brings... wow it's been almost 21 years since i watched that race live... still got the goosebumps wow

Anyone here miss Honda, lol?

shut it young grasshopper... mclaren honda was a treasure of a car... when there were no limits on development

shut it young grasshopper... mclaren honda was a treasure of a car... when there were no limits on development

I eat grasshoppers! :crickets: Anyway, it was a legitimate question.

back when F1 cars were turbo charged! with 1200 hp! or something like that. and a Manuel gear box! nothing like it I bet! going around Monaco at 180 mph one handed shifting gears.. those were the days! Senna and Prost were beasts!... nowadays safety rules and regulations have banned or stopped the turbo chargers going on the cars for those reasons..... the cars back In Sennas day were like wild ferocious animals with VERY little to no down force .... so to race back then...like Hamilton said "I just... I just couldn't imagine it"

I've always been a Kimi fan. Since I own a Lotus and he's driving for them, I'm a happy person. Nice to see him win one last year. "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing." Classic.

I like Hamilton, but I think he's made a bad move going to Mercedes.

I'm still bitter at Richard Branson and his stupid Hondas from a couple years ago. That was BMW's final year in F1 and that jerk had to ruin it by dominating the season.

Big Juan Pablo Montoya fan until he switched to NASCAR of all things...

I was following Shumacher and then Hamilton.... this year? im keeping a close eye on Senna (Ayrton's Nephew) Bruno Senna is racing for Williams racing team with his mother (ayrtons sister) as like his agent

I was following Shumacher and then Hamilton.... this year? im keeping a close eye on Senna (Ayrton's Nephew) Bruno Senna is racing for Williams racing team with his mother (ayrtons sister) as like his agent

I haven't followed in a couple years. How's he been doing? Last I saw him, he was a weekly bottom feeder.

I haven't followed in a couple years. How's he been doing? Last I saw him, he was a weekly bottom feeder.

when he first came into the league he really didn't do much of anything (if its Senna your referring to) and then the next year he got like 30 or so points... was a big step forward with him and his racing team, they are pleased with the way the cars progressing each year, he feels they will be a little more of a force this season ........ this will be only (I believe) 3rd season ..... seeing as the Senna Family were VERY reluctant in having another Senna back in racing. but they his mother cautiously ..tentatively agreed, and is acting as his "agent" in a way. I look forward to seeing how Senna Progresses and gets better and how the car he says " is getting better, but not there yet" how far of a jump the car makes. the 30 points or so he earned was more points the Team ever had in the previous such and such years. So this year im pretty excited to see what Bruno Senna does, though he has stated " I don't want to be Ayrton, I want to be Bruno" or something like that..... keep in mind he's only been racing F1 for 2-3 years. after Ayrton Died....... the family made Bruno stop all racing, up until recent years when the family VERY reluctantly agreed for Bruno to race again