35 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Tom Brady needs just one word to get the play call out. Just one word to dictate formation, routes, blocking scheme, snap count and other important instructions to the offense. The Patriots have ...

View the full article

#2 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Pats on lookout for Ravens quick snaps too. Torrey Smith jumps, makes the catch, and scores ! This is a 2 way street buddy....

#3 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I hope the have upshaw put his heavy hands on hernandez coming of the line beat him up and hernendez will b out the game he to soft to be a tight end and i think tht surely would frustrate em let upshaw punch em no clean release amd ray lewis or whoever can keep up cause tht ball is coming out fast our pass rush is gonna b coming! And remember strip sack kruger imma keep sayin it make a play dnt just get the sack punch tht ball out!!!!!

#4 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

T&T is the motto 4 this game turnovers and touchdowns i dnt care in wht sequence,combanation whteva we stick to tht and we will win force turnovers score td's

#5 birdgang20

birdgang20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

i don't care if this hurry up is not against the rules. it's just a straight up move from a classless team. patriots will do anything to get ahead. either it's flat out cheating like they have done over the years or if it's hurrying up and snapping it when your team is already up 14. pathetic. i don't respect the patriots whatsoever. but i respect the steelers. brady has the nfl swinging from his nu**. they have the b.s brady tuck rule and the hitting the qb brady rule. i'm so sick of it. ravens look out. cause not only are you playing the patriots. but you will be playing the refs too.

Edited by Moderator 3, 19 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.
Profanity

#6 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Funny thing is when they do it half the time they have illegal motion on the line or not in a legal formation (WR covering up the TE on the line). But they do it so fast the Refs are not sure what they saw. It's a clever way to bend the rules, but it is classless in my opinion.

I don't see this as a big problem though. I think if you shut down Brady to Welker you kill 85% of their offense. I would concentrate on those two with Brady being the key. If I remember correctly Brady doesn't throw well when running for his life. :)

GO RAVENS!

#7 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

@birdgang I don't like the Pats, but how is it cheating and classless? Every offense in America runs a version of the hurry up offense now. The purpose of the hurry up is in fact to catch the defense off guard and to not allow them to set up. Pats just found a way to do it quicker. A 14 point lead means nothing in the NFL. I do agree with you on the fact that the NFL worships Brady and have a proven track record that they will bend, or even change the rules in his favor and THAT I can't stand. Boys will have to play smart. Refs will be reaching for flags on every big hit and every time someone brushes against Brady.

#8 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

if the Texans game is any indication, they like to quickly run the ball after a big play

#9 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

force the Pats to put Hernandez on the line to block, then beat him up on the line. That will take him out of the game. I think we can use a similar method to how we eliminated Gronk in week 3. he only had 2 catches for 14 yards.

#10 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Purple&Black's correct! Near as I noticed, they only warp-speed snap in certain situations!

When they got down close to the End Zone against the Texans, Brady did it because the Texans were milling around!

That's the kind of situation we cannot find ourselves in! A 3rd and 3 anywhere during a Pat drive and the Dee is milling around!

#11 marec

marec

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

if the crybradys played fair they wouldn't win many games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Use there quickness against themselves, we are just as fast if no faster then they are so i say BRING IT ON.

#13 birdgang20

birdgang20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

@Purple&Black i never said the hurry up and snap was cheating. i said patriots will do anything to get ahead, like cheating. which they have done over the years. i call new england's hurry up a move from a classless team. idc if the hurry up is not against the rules. it's just a cheap way to gain yards by trying to snap the ball before the defense can line up. specially when your up more then 10 in the 4th. how can you call a organization like new england classy? they taped other teams walk throughs and etc. if it were the ravens who got caught taping other teams, we wouldn't hear the end of it. but cause it's brady and the patriots. they get away with it being thrown under the rug

Edited by Moderator 3, 19 January 2013 - 12:40 PM.
Profanity

#14 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hope we add this to our arsenal. Beat them with their own poison

#15 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Use there quickness against themselves, we are just as fast if no faster then they are so i say BRING IT ON.

I don't agree that we're "just as fast if not faster" than the Pats, Bernie!

They've been at their scheme for a few years now and this is the first year that we've committed any real work at a No-Huddle-Hurry-up! If my memory serves, our No-Huddle-Hurry-up looked more like Mill-Around-By-Line-of-Scrimmage!

Now that Caldwell's calling the games, his staff gets to plays in faster than Cam! Maybe that's what you mistake as our being faster!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#16 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Preparation is the key!
And I believe the Ravens are well prepared for this one!!!

It doesn't matter what NE does ...

Just HIT SOMEBODY hard ... anybody that has the ball ... and make it count.
They will feel it repeatedly and remember every hit, every bruise & every stinger ...
(just look at past Balt/NE game film) and then - suddenly - it's the forth quarter, Patriots are worn down, and the Ravens will say:

"Gotcha now New England!!!! ... It's a wrap - Game over!!! ... Baltimore Ravens are going down to the Big Easy to dance in the Superdome!!!"

#17 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

While I expect great games from Suggs and Kruger , watch McPhee make the big play . He's ready to step up and is an X factor .

#18 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I still think that had Houston actually been prepared for this and not seemed so lackadaisical in getting back to the line, wewould have been playing in Houston this week. The Ravens will be ready for it, no easy scores this week for the Pats because the opponent isn't even lined up.

#19 han

han

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Brady will take longer this week to get plays off........He has to see where #20 is.

#20 Blacknpurpletilldeath

Blacknpurpletilldeath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just watched some of the 09 wildcard game on nfl network when they were doing a replay, is it just me or did rice look bigger? not height but he looked heavier?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users