12 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,574 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Bernard Pierce says he’s prepared to play; Ravens and Pats are both relatively healthy.

View the full article

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Interesting that BAL will now defend their season record against the Patriots with the gang completely intact! Should make for an even more dominant defensive performance this time around!

Edited by flaccopoe, 18 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#3 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

The injury report is more costly for them, for sure, with Gronk out, for the game. He was out, as you recall, last time, earlier this year when we played in Baltimore.

#4 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

It will be big if the B.P. plays. I know Rice is good with catch and Run but B.P. is a better Runner.

#5 Ravensfansince03

Ravensfansince03

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

@PeRK82.. below me.

Pierce isn't a better runner man. It's just that defenses are focused more on stopping Ray Rice now that they know how much of a threat he is.

I hope you havn't come down with amnesia and forgot those memorable runs that Rice has had since we drafted him. Ray Rice is the man.

#6 thunderroach

thunderroach

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

What do memorable runs have to do with it? BP is bigger,younger,and has a better average.Rice cant take the constant pounding and comes out of the game a lot. Not that hes bad but he's 5'8",maybe. Thats why they drafted BP. I dont recall them drafting a RB when Jamal was on top of his game. Dont freak out just cause the backup has more upside at this point!

#7 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

BP has become a good compliment to RR. BP is more explosive north and south and has the ability to get the edge. RR has more agility and is a threat in the passing game. RR is our workhorse and BP just provides fresh legs and a heavier body that can wear down defenders.

#8 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

We looking pretty heathly now lets roll.

#9 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I really think that our running backs are miles ahead of those of the Patriots. We have better receivers, too. Our offensive line needs to give Flacco time to throw. The winds and cold weather will slow down the passing game and keep us from throwing it deep too many times. Still, I like our chances. If we play anything like we did in the second half of last year's game, then we will beat the Patriots and go on to face either the 49ers or the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Good luck Ravens!

#10 Halecky

Halecky

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Go Ravens!
With support from Russia.

#11 law215

law215

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Stars have to be Stars in big games. That being said usually when familiar team match up, its the complimentary player that you can't game plan for that is often the differnce. Patriots are basically the same team plus Vereen who is similar to Woodhead.

Ravens have additions of Pierce, Jones, Tucker, KO. Look for one of these guys to make the play(s) to send Ravens to Superbowl.

#12 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Seems to me everybody is healthy on both sides, Now lets see who the A.F.C. Champs will be Are you rooting for the same team i am?

#13 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I hope Pierce si good to go for tonight. I see him as a serious X-factor the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users