AFC Championship Game Wagers (Mayor vs. Mayor)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

The bets:

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will again wager Faidley's crab cakes, but also stuffed cabbage and kruschiki from Sophie's Place in Broadway Market; a gourmet fruit salad from Kay's Produce in Lexington Market; and an order of Berger Cookies.

"The New England Patriots can be assured that the AFC Championship will be a most uncomfortable home game, and a defeat they will not soon forget," Rawlings-Blake said in a statement.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has placed on the line a variety of foods available in Boston’s Farmers’ Markets: seafood from Red’s Best Seafood and side dishes from CropCircle Kitchen, Alex’s Ugly Hot Sauce, Deborah’s Kitchen Jams, Nella Pasta, Vianne Chocolate, and Whoopie Monsters’ Whoopie Pies.

Edited by Thunderbird, 18 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#2 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

At least our Mayor knows the names of the Ravens players. Even with prepared notes in front of him, the Mayor of Boston screwed it up.

VIDEO: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8853803

Boston mayor Thomas Menino, who has a dubious history of blunders and mispronunciations when talking about the city's sports teams, added a couple more bloopers to his reel Wednesday.

In a phone conversation with the mayor of Baltimore, Boston mayor Tom Menino calls Vince Wilfork "Wilcock" and refers to Rob Gronkowski as "Gonk".

Menino, who was on speakerphone with Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake in front of reporters to discuss Sunday's AFC Championship Game between the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens, stumbled on a couple of names of prominent Patriots players.

http://espn.go.com/b...-patriots-names

#3 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Here's hoping our mayor will be enjoying some whoopie pies after her crabcakes on Feb 3
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#4 ravensfan2430

ravensfan2430

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Incredible that that man holds any sort of power.

Edited by ravensfan2430, 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

GO Ravens!!

#5 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

I'm hoping Stephanie sees the spread and decides to call me up to help her finish off all that food :wub:

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#6 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image

I'm hoping Stephanie sees the spread and decides to call me up to help her finish off all that food :wub:

Lol you crushin' on SRB or the food??? lol.

#7 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,112 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I don't like their mayor. Attempting to say player names and failing over and over again makes him look like a fool.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#8 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

How anybody can repeatedly screw up such big local names is beyond me. Especially considering that he obviously doesn't know the sport, which means he has to be prepped. Even reading notes as he speaks doesn't help him. It almost makes you think that he's doing it on purpose, but I think that would just be wishful thinking.

Posted Image

#9 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

At least our Mayor knows the names of the Ravens players. Even with prepared notes in front of him, the Mayor of Boston screwed it up.

VIDEO: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8853803

Boston mayor Thomas Menino, who has a dubious history of blunders and mispronunciations when talking about the city's sports teams, added a couple more bloopers to his reel Wednesday.

In a phone conversation with the mayor of Baltimore, Boston mayor Tom Menino calls Vince Wilfork "Wilcock" and refers to Rob Gronkowski as "Gonk".

Menino, who was on speakerphone with Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake in front of reporters to discuss Sunday's AFC Championship Game between the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens, stumbled on a couple of names of prominent Patriots players.

http://espn.go.com/b...-patriots-names

Still better than Woodcock

#10 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

How anybody can repeatedly screw up such big local names is beyond me. Especially considering that he obviously doesn't know the sport, which means he has to be prepped. Even reading notes as he speaks doesn't help him. It almost makes you think that he's doing it on purpose, but I think that would just be wishful thinking.

Clearly you don't know Menino. He runs practically unchallenged every election year. Words are his biggest enemy. It's not that he doesn't know their names. He just can't speak. Even easy words are a far challenge for him.

#11 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Lol you crushin' on SRB or the food??? lol.

Well now that I have taken some time and considered your question......BOTH! :D

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#12 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Also,

Heavy Seas aka Clipper City (a Baltimore brewery) is betting a case of beer against Samuel Adams that the Ravens will win.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#13 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

anyone who doesn't know gronk, wilfork, welker must be living under a rock .i personally am sick of hearing anything patriot this week .

#14 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

That's some good food on the line. Wish I was a mayor.

#15 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Boston mayor pays off losing bet, lobsters arrive at Baltimore City Hall

by Richard Gorelick
4:09 p.m. EST, January 25, 2013

The Patriots' coach might be a sore loser, but Boston mayor Thomas Menino has sportingly made good on the losing bet he made with Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake on the AFC Championship game.

A package filled with goods from Boston's public markets arrived at Baltimore City Hall on Friday. Inside were cannoli, ravioli, various packaged goods and an assortment of seafood, including mussels, scallops, oysters -- and four live lobsters.

Rawlings-Blake, who was not in Baltimore on Friday, will be making a visit next week to the Cottage Avenie Community, the Park Circle transitional housing program for homeless families she chose as the recipients of the package.

http://www.baltimore...0,4856022.story

#16 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Mayor delivers Patriots bet food to homeless shelter
Baltimore mayor won AFC Championship wager with Boston mayor

UPDATED 5:50 PM EST Jan 29, 2013

BALTIMORE —Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has received the spoils she won in a bet with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, and she's giving it to those who need it most.

On Tuesday morning, Rawlings-Blake delivered the gifts to the Cottage Avenue Community, which is a transitional housing program for homeless families in the Park Heights neighborhood of Baltimore. The home can serve 15 families at a time.
The mayor also delivered live lobsters and other seafood to the center on Friday.

FULL STORY:

http://www.wbaltv.co...7e/-/index.html

#17 plesiosaur

plesiosaur

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Mayor delivers Patriots bet food to homeless shelter
Baltimore mayor won AFC Championship wager with Boston mayor

UPDATED 5:50 PM EST Jan 29, 2013

BALTIMORE —Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has received the spoils she won in a bet with Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, and she's giving it to those who need it most.

On Tuesday morning, Rawlings-Blake delivered the gifts to the Cottage Avenue Community, which is a transitional housing program for homeless families in the Park Heights neighborhood of Baltimore. The home can serve 15 families at a time.
The mayor also delivered live lobsters and other seafood to the center on Friday.

FULL STORY:

http://www.wbaltv.co...7e/-/index.html

Class move by the mayor.

#18 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

She is pretty cool. Easy on the eyes too. I really like how she called out the mayor of Denver.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#19 ravensfan2430

ravensfan2430

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I heard Vernon David and Michael Crabbush are SFs Mayors favorite players.
GO Ravens!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users