Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: We're Ready To Win

87 posts in this topic

It was Wednesday before practice. Anquan Boldin, still sweating from the sauna, stood with a towel hanging over his head, wearing a cutoff shirt and the red training room shorts. He was surrounde...

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Were-Ready-To-Win/62912c64-35d9-43c3-98de-2885e9fc360b]View the full article[/url]

Not a lot is said about Anquan's leadership, but when you watch him in sideline videos and in these kinds of insightful pieces, you can see that he's much more than just some physical possession receiver, he's a true veteran in the way Derrick Mason was before him.

Hey Kevin,

I enjoy readiing your articles each week. I just have one litte favor to ask you. There have been a lot of last minute victories this year. My heart stopped a few times last week. I am still crushed from last years loss to the Patriots. Can you tell the team to win like they did a few years ago when we had the 24-0 lead in the second quarter. Tell them to kick the snot out of them so we can enjoy a "laugher". Thank you!

Here's another little statistical nugget for fans to chew on:
The Pats finished with the third highest regular season point total in NFL History.
The teams with the first, second, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh highest point totals in history failed to win the Super Bowl.

Professionalism is professionalism, but motivation matters.Morale matters. Swagger matters. Emotion matters.

They can sharpen the focus. Increase the discipline. Get you over the pain. Release the adrenaline.

So yes, the spread on paper may be 9.5. But you tell me who is favored on the field? A Yankee-like organization who just expects to be there at all costs, including cutting players at the last second to get inches of advantage? Or a franchise and city and fan base who's about to have it's heart torn out when our general retires? A team whose coach lives up to it's agreement with free agents and gives them a fair shot. A team that's lost its pioneer owner. A team thats consoled its own after losing family along the way? A team of characters with character?

Thanks, revensfanintx

Telling me that the Patriots are the 3rd highest scoring team of all time really made me feel better.

Of course were ready to win. I beleive they are more afraid of fasing the Ravens then we are of them. You can hear it in the way there talking.
Go get um' UNDERDOGS, take those patsies down!

[quote name='arizonaravensfan' timestamp='1358535181' post='1316748']
Love this title! Flacco vs Brady debate on ESPN First Take right Now! Stephen A Smith is very sharp!
[/quote]

Curious, what did Stephen A say ?

@ravensfanin

Not that history has a say in the present, but is it suggesting that this team will actually make it to the Super Bowl? Just curious...

[quote name='BmoreB' timestamp='1358536701' post='1316769']
Curious, what did Stephen A say ?
[/quote]
He thought Baltimore was going to win...in his heart. Said if he were a betting man he'd put money on the Pats

[quote name='NinjaTurtles' timestamp='1358534859' post='1316741']
Is it just me. Or has this seemed like a ridiculously long week leading up to Sunday? Like really..
[/quote]
Sort of. You have to remember that we played Saturday...and then we watched the late game to see who we get next

Just want to say how awesome this new music-video-every-playoff-game thing is. I've search all the other team's main sights and never seen anything like it. It's such a cool way to dedicate games to the fans, and I love it! Hope it continues

[quote name='BAM52' timestamp='1358535308' post='1316751']
Hey Kevin,

I enjoy readiing your articles each week. I just have one litte favor to ask you. There have been a lot of last minute victories this year. My heart stopped a few times last week. I am still crushed from last years loss to the Patriots. Can you tell the team to win like they did a few years ago when we had the 24-0 lead in the second quarter. Tell them to kick the snot out of them so we can enjoy a "laugher". Thank you!
[/quote]
I'm with you...however, I've found that as a fan, assuming you are a REAL fan of course and not fair-weather, the least that you can do is stay tuned into the game for the full length of regulation. You're not permitted to tune in to the final score on your mobile fan. That takes away the meaning of the victory if you consider yourself part of the team (meaning you don't refer to the Ravens as them, but rather you refer to them as "us" and "we")

It's the least you could do. They sweat and bleed and all you have to do is sit in the stands or sit on the couch or sit on the bar stool.

But if you're a fair weather fan, feel much obliged to tune in and pat yourself on the back. Think back to the last year's game in Pitt. I watched the whole game, and then on the last drive with 1 minute something left, after Pitt scored, I chose to watch the rest of the game (after we led the whole time), and I got to see Flacco drive from the 8 yd line, all the way to the endzone...made me appreciate it much more...

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1358537550' post='1316782']
He thought Baltimore was going to win...in his heart. Said if he were a betting man he'd put money on the Pats
[/quote]

Very cool, thank you.. This morning Ross Tucker stated on his NFL radio show that his brain says Pats but his heart says Ravens. He went on to say that he always goes with his brain in these situations, but Not this time, gotta go with the Ravens !

As do I !

Ravens all the way !!!!