Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Expect Return Coverage To Improve

39 posts in this topic

After giving two touchdown returns last week, the Ravens are focused on cleaning up the mistakes.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Expect-Return-Coverage-To-Improve/2f90edab-d7f2-4d71-9114-c942d2cce5de]View the full article[/url]

IF we eliminate hose two ST touchdowns the Broncos are put to bed early. I imagine that we will have the upper hand in NE with ST! Jacoby hasnt broke a ST TD for awhile and I feel like this is the week for him to break out again!

Please do!!

It was almost as if Koch was the ONLY guy out there on the punt.

Yes, he long snapped it to himself, punted it, and then chased the returner. Poor guy. Someone get him a raise!

Whoa! why is Coutnry Uphaw on special teams?? That's why he hasn't developed into the Defensive Superstar we need him to be!

We can not afford to be putting C. Upshaw on special teams!!

It HAS to ! WE MUST BE MORE PHYSICAL ! Punish Brady (within the rule guidlines, of course ;))Lets GET UP. ROLL PURPLE TIDE- WITH AVENGEANCE !....GO RAVENS !

everybody bring your "A" game
Play "Lights Out" til the final whistle blows.
Then ...

It's a wrap ...Game Over!
Ravens win thi one!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='steelcityraven' timestamp='1358528944' post='1316632']
IF we eliminate hose two ST touchdowns the Broncos are put to bed early. I imagine that we will have the upper hand in NE with ST! Jacoby hasnt broke a ST TD for awhile and I feel like this is the week for him to break out again!
[/quote]

It's all for the good. It gave our defense some rest.

I'd choose 7 points on a return than 7 points on a 6 minute drive by Manning. :D

We dodged a bullet Saturday in Denver. I thought that if we lost, our atrocious coverage on special teams would have been the reason. ...We were really fortunate.

The Pats don't have that little speedster Holliday the Broncs had. We know our opponent much better this game than last. It will be a brawl in New England. Nothing less.

Roseburg has done a pretty good job this year. Last year he had a bunch rookies and guys that rarely if ever played ST plus he had no training camp to teach the new guys how to play. This year we got some expereinced guys plus last years rookies now know how to play SP and we are much much better.

we need to force turnovers on the returns and we need to return a few to the house and put the "o" in solid field position

I have to say, the Ravens have nothing to worry about in the return game. The Patriots lost their only decent return man in Julian Edelman. You could put 9 men on the field and The Patriots won't return it past the 35 yd line.

If Jacoby Jones gets loose on the return, they won't catch him from behind like they did Danieale Manning.

There really was no place to go but down, after a 0yds performance the prior week. I'm not concerned. Go Ravens!!! :)

I see Jacoby making a big difference for us as far as the field position battle is concerned.

God coverage almost cost the win luckily it didn't but this is kinda unacceptable with all the pro bowlers you have on it something's gotta be fixed

[quote name='Woodhead' timestamp='1358534573' post='1316734']
I have to say, the Ravens have nothing to worry about in the return game. The Patriots lost their only decent return man in Julian Edelman. You could put 9 men on the field and The Patriots won't return it past the 35 yd line.
[/quote]

Wood, last Saturday you couldn't convince me that we didn't have but nine guys on coverage, bud! :o

How can it be any worse from last week, I hope its better this weekend.

The Denver game was a fluke for our Special Teams. This week will be back to normal and our Special Teams will be SPECIAL!!! GO RAVENS!!!

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1358533383' post='1316715']
I have officially started holding my breath and will exhale only if we win Sunday!
[/quote]Need to change that to "only when we WIN Sunday!!!"

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1358541767' post='1316855']
How can it be any worse from last week, I hope its better this weekend.
[/quote]Like your new dress Zeus.

[quote name='Big G' timestamp='1358544716' post='1316918']
Like your new dress Zeus.
[/quote]

Tommy a bi$@h...haaaa

i guess on the kickoff return for a TD, no one except me saw Considine get blocked in the back directly in front of Holliday

mosteel=Do ya watch the games? You sure your not mo-STEELER? Ed Reed is arguably the best free safety ever and I can't fathom how you missed it but Mr Reed is one of the primary reasons the penaties and fines for hits on defensless recievers are the rules today. Ed Reed is the epitome at free safety tackling. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Cary Williams? Adequate tackler but very average QB. VOR: I saw the block in the back too but the announcers were still rooting for Messiah Manning.

Gaining positive field position on every return is going to be a major plus for us. Jacoby "The Catch" Jones will give us that edge in the game tomorrow night. Now, all we need to do is to shut down their return game. The battle is won on special teams as well as in the trenches. Hopefully, Birk can stop Wilfork this time. If so, then Joe will have another "elite" game.

[quote name='Big G' timestamp='1358544575' post='1316913']
Need to change that to "only when we WIN Sunday!!!"
[/quote]It is Sunday and I just changed it to 'WHEN' we win Sunday!!!