Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: The Craziness Surrounding The AFC Championship

56 posts in this topic

The media has descended upon Owings Mills. Here’s what it’s like.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-The-Craziness-Surrounding-The-AFC-Championship/e5ca0b21-d7e5-44ef-9379-cc790ac7821e]View the full article[/url]

Mink - was it Papa John's Pizza?

Imagine if you guys really decided to go all out and gave them crab dip and baguettes like the Canal St Bar in Frederick

Get used to it Mink! This will be going on for a few more weeks!
Have some Pizzas delivered in the parking lot and keep them away from the outatowners.
They can have the anchovies :-)

[quote name='Ryan Mink' timestamp='1358525108' post='1316551']
Indeed, the Papa hooked it up.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I knew it had to be Papa John's. If not the Papa, then it's some kind of local pizza that everybody loves.

Nobody does it like the Papa...NOBODY

[quote name='KidNme' timestamp='1358525393' post='1316553']
Get used to it Mink! This will be going on for a few more weeks!
Have some Pizzas delivered in the parking lot and keep them away from the outatowners.
They can have the anchovies :-)
[/quote]
I like where your head's at.

You're doing it wrong: the next time don't offer any free pizza - and you'll see there are gonna be much fewer media guys ;)

bio

this is nothing compared to monday it is going to be pandemonium of the very best kind! poor yanda the o-line gets little to no respect at all.

I won't buy Papa John's cause of Peyton Manning commercials, but balfan is right this stuff is routine when your super bowl bound....2 weeks of ridiculous questions at least now it's only one week.

BTW, I'd like to read an article some time about the pressers with some background info. Ryan, any chance you could write one in the offseason, when there's not much happening anyway? I'm also sure you've got some funny stories you can tell - even without names.

That would be fun reading, too.

bio

well next week the questions will either be can we stop the read option or is Matt ryan better then Joe flacco .see i can be a reporter i am already biased for the ravens perfect i will fit in nicely.

Thanks Ryan for THE CAW. Its sometimes insightful, sometimes humorous, sometimes endearing, but its always great reading. Keep up the great work!

Ryan - you should begin every question with "As a reporter who's here every week, I'd like to know..."

Ryan, I personally think the media horde is going to quadruple next week! In fact I expect it! I am not really ready to tune off football till we hoist that elusive trophy that seems to have slipped into unworthy hands of late - Steelers and Giants both twice!?!

Just let the players do their thing. They aren't concerned with the media and I cannot wait to see Skip Bayless' face after Flacco once again outperforms Brady.

I loved the way, on Wednesday, every player answered a couple questions then called another Raven and rolled out while the pundits were still yelling questions! Ray didn't even hold church!

Somebody "schooled" the players about the media well! lol That person deserves a pat on the back!

I'm sooo sick of hearing Brady and Manning all the time, TV commercials and everything else. Enough already, I would love Joe Flacco get a little more attention for being an awsome player and person. He is so humble and down to earth maybe TV commercials and the like aren't his scene, and that's cool, but he sure is worthy of it. I've stuck by him and the Ravens when a lot of people were giving up on them and no matter what happens on Sunday the will still my team and I will remain proud of them. Last year ripped my heart out I just know we will win this time.

Glad to see Torrey logged off Twitter. The social media is probably the worst thing to happen to professional athletes. Torrey is mature beyond his years (of course, he would have to be!)

I think it's great that Mink gets to have this experience with all the major media outlets showing up for this game. It could lead to an eventual promotion if they look into what a great job he's been doing.

I know i'm sick of terrific Tom and the wonderful patriots . I know the players have to be so over it . they get no respect the media treats them as non factors an afterthought actually . But its different this year the players to me seem calm , self assured confident and not phased at all by all of this.next week and the week after will be worse but fun too . hang in there guys the ned is in sight.