Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Bill Belichick Wary Of Ravens Deep Ball, Torrey Smith

101 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco has been dropping bombs on opponents, especially in the playoffs.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bill-Belichick-Wary-Of-Ravens-Deep-Ball-Torrey-Smith/afd15cc0-700a-4abc-a2e1-2b8b3e8fc58a]View the full article[/url]

Great to see Joe and Torrey getting the respect from BB....now let's also get the crossing and slant routes working to open them up! CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY!

The fact that Skip Bayless gave Flacco credit shows that he is atleast real. Heath Evans has to be horrendously biased and obviously hates us. .. . but honestly, the feelings mutual.

heath evans has no business being a sports commentator and Bayless well i am sure he was not genuine i can't stand either of them . I love watching Joe air it out and I bet Torry gets double teamed but thats ok cause then we will make them pay with jones or bouldin or Pitta i can go on and on lol. been awhile since we could go on and on loving it .

Yes Bill, please pay attention to Torrey, then Flacco can throw a few more 70 yd passes to Jones.

hey Redravenfan and blackdog...dont forget Ray Rice. He can catch too. Just too many weapons.

Throw some to the let this time Joe. Because they think you can only throw to the right.
In fact. Pitch it back to Ray Rice, and let him throw it for 25 yrds.

It depends on his protection, It hasn't been very good this year, but you saw the last 2 weeks what happens when he gets protection

If they focus on Torrey, then Jacoby is open. If they focus on the deep routes, then Anquan tears up the middle, with Torrey potentially catching one and breaking a tackle. If they try to shut the receivers, then a tight end becomes open on the seam. And there's always RR.

It's nice to have opposing coaches worry about our offense for a change.

Playing deep middle now for the Patriots is Devin McCourty, Ray's GOOD FRIEND from his days at Rutgers. He's moved to safety from corner and is now the Pats centerfielder. Smart good kid(twin brother Jason plays corner for Titans, R.U. alumni also) so the Ravens will see a lot of Devin McCourty on deep balls. Devin and Jason support Ray on Ray Rice day here in New Ro. Great kids!

Who feels like laughing?

Fast forward to 1:30 and enjoy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGF4l3hcgBg

3 more days till we get the chance to prove everyone against us wrong. good luck ravens and give it your all!!

It isn't just Torrey Smith the patriots have to be worried about. Anquan Boldin, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson. All of them can catch the deep ball from Flacco. They've proved it over the last 4 weeks.

Tom Brady isn't the most accurate of deep ball throwers in the NFL. The last few times hes gone deep, its usually intercepted. But Joe throws the deep ball better than anybody. And I believe that lack of deep threat will cost the patriots in some way.

Got to get a Brady jersey for German shepherd to chew on for game day. It worked last week for Manning... Just saying.

The Pats will probably double team him because he is the biggest threat in the passing game. We get RR involved, play action, and the white tight end goes to work. Pitta for President!

Why so little love for Pitta? His catch in OT on 3rd & 13 vs. Denver was huge! He's got a great rapport with Flacco. He's Flacco's go-to guy.

I know we've had success in the deep ball, but i hope this doesn't stray us away from a solid offensive gameplan. Can't stress enough that the long ball becomes easier to connect if we establish the run. I really believe that if Ray Rice did not carry the ball as many times as he did, we would not be going to foxborough. I guarantee you Pats secondary is going to be ready and not allow themselves to get beat like the Broncos did. I'm not bashing our pass game at all. But we need to stay consistent in our play calls or else we'll become too predictable. Lets get Ray the ball 25 times. Q will always make clutch plays. Pitta will get us those intangible short to midrange yards. Torrey will hit home runs. Keep the Pats guessing and they will be watching the superbowl from home.

PS. i wouldn't mind the first play of the game to be a play action/deep ball. But then again Belichick might already be thinking that too. :)

Lets go Charm City!

This waiting is killing me. but the truth of the matter is we are full of weapons offense or defense, and special teams, even kick off return. this team in one word is LOADED.

Im listening to a web stream of Pats radio and all the announcers are predicting a Pats blowout by double digits and saying it will be over early!!! I wish someone could get this to the Ravens and let them know what they're predicting. I forsee a 2013 version of Paul Revere going through the streets of Boston saying....THE RAVENS ARE COMING!!! THE RAVENS ARE COMING!!!!! RUN AND HIDE!!!! Go Ravens!!!!!

Again, because of Cam's inhability to run this Offense correctly is why they have doubt in the Ravens! But, after Sunday they will begin to see what it is we see, more Vividly!

[quote name='RabidRavensfan' timestamp='1358464014' post='1315973']
Im listening to a web stream of Pats radio and all the announcers are predicting a Pats blowout by double digits and saying it will be over early!!! I wish someone could get this to the Ravens and let them know what they're predicting. I forsee a 2013 version of Paul Revere going through the streets of Boston saying....THE RAVENS ARE COMING!!! THE RAVENS ARE COMING!!!!! RUN AND HIDE!!!! Go Ravens!!!!!
[/quote]
That's not the Ravens way. They don't care what some people, of all places, New England, say. They will form a game plan and execute the plan, hopefully making changes and playing better "chess" than the Patriots.

I'm with you on the Go Ravens!!!!

[quote name='Utah_Raven' timestamp='1358462692' post='1315949']
Why so little love for Pitta? His catch in OT on 3rd & 13 vs. Denver was huge! He's got a great rapport with Flacco. He's Flacco's go-to guy.
[/quote]
Pitta's catch was almost as good and Joe's throw. Yes, great rapport.

C'mon, its the playoffs......BOTH teams need to be "wary" of each and everyone on the field- MORE importantly- the Chamelion, Belicheck.
The only way to beat a Chamelion is to be a BETTER Chamelion ! :) We will.
Roll Purple Tide....GO RAVENS !

i WOULD say they can defend the deep ball or they can defend the run, i WOULD say pick your poison to new england, but that will only work if matt birk shows up. if matt birk has a repeat of last years championship, then the deep ball wont work, and we'll have no choice but to pick them apart short range with no run game. matt birk is the biggest key in this game, just contain wilfork and we'll be smooth sailing through foxborough