15 replies to this topic

#1 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Topic title kind of sounds like a Ravens Star Wars movie, but seriously, every year we wait for him to play and every year he gets a season ending injury. A lot of people around here seem to get excited about him. A 6 ft 7, 245 lb linebacker sounds exciting to me. I've only seen him play a little, but I'm still waiting to see him show what he can do. It's really promising that he's only 22, so at least these season ending injuries haven't really wasted his youth. There really isn't a lot of college tape on him online. Do you guys have any additional info on him and do you think this year is finally the year?

Edited by RobFuseRaven, 17 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

He was poised to make the roster this year until he went down. Apparently he bulked up and has been getting work at DE and OLB. He's still raw but holds a lot of potential. He lacks strength for such a big guy. He's slow off the line, but uses speed moves to get around lineman. At this point, he's still a complete unknown. I think it all depends on how we address pass rusher in the offseason to determine whether or not he even makes the roster. There's no way of telling how he recovers from his injury. The potential is there, but it's unrealized.

#3 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Off topic a bit, but since he went to UNC I wonder if he's related to UNC's current bball star James Michael McAdoo?
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#4 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,047 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think McAdoo has loads of promise. He showed in preseason he can rush the passer. Granted it was 3rd string players, but he still showed his ability. His first year injury was more to keep him on the roster in my opinion.

#5 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,748 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Off topic a bit, but since he went to UNC I wonder if he's related to UNC's current bball star James Michael McAdoo?

I've checked; it doesn't appear they are directly.

With how raw he is, I'd be surprised if he made a substantial impact next season.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#6 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Im surprised his still around. Im really tired of us keeping 'promising players' that at BEST, turns into contributors.

Its time we start making honest playmakers in defense side of the ball. We havent had a true elite player since Ngata.

We need the next probowler type of player, and Im hoping our FO really hit the nail on our draft in 2013.

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 17 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#7 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I was kinda hoping that this was a thread about a player on our roster as we seek a Super Bowl berth. ...Oh well.

#8 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Injuries really delayed his development.

#9 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,887 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Im surprised his still around. Im really tired of us keeping 'promising players' that at BEST, turns into contributors.

Its time we start making honest playmakers in defense side of the ball. We havent had a true elite player since Ngata. BTW... not everyone on the defense can be All-Pros...

We need the next probowler type of player, and Im hoping our FO really hit the nail on our draft in 2013.

Webb... I'd say he was there. Also, what are you even saying..? McAdoo is a young kid that had an injury.. Why would you let him go NOW?

#10 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Webb... I'd say he was there. Also, what are you even saying..? McAdoo is a young kid that had an injury.. Why would you let him go NOW?

I was about to say Webb too. We also don't know how much better Kruger could've been if we didnt keep moving him around. For all the trash we talk about Cary, he was a 7th round draft pick and has done all right for himself. Too early to tell for Upshaw as well. He graded out as one of the best run stoppers. With time to work on pass rushing he could develop into a beast. McPhee was looking to have a break out season but was injured. I could see the defense getting back to top 10 again with everyone returning healthy if we can keep Pees. You can say what you want about Ellerbe, but he has potential as well to be a star.

#11 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well you need to let go players that aren't helping Ravens organization sooner or later. Whether its by unfortunate injury or whether they just aren't simply playing to the standard of good football.

Maybe I am being fastidious. But I speak in players in general. Not directly speaking about Mcadoo, but in terms of all players that haven't panned out as we expected them to be.

#12 Ray Ray Ravens

Ray Ray Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I think we are talking about next year here when Ray is retiring this year and we are strong contenders going into New England.
Posted Image

#13 CptJesus

CptJesus

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Well you need to let go players that aren't helping Ravens organization sooner or later. Whether its by unfortunate injury or whether they just aren't simply playing to the standard of good football.

Maybe I am being fastidious. But I speak in players in general. Not directly speaking about Mcadoo, but in terms of all players that haven't panned out as we expected them to be.

Releasing guys on their rookie contract is just foolish. What if we had release Kruger? After all, until this season, you can make the argument that he wasn't really contributing. How about Webb in his first couple years? He wasn't a pro-bowl defensive player either. The only way your team can grow is by giving your rookies a chance.

#14 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Its time we start making honest playmakers in defense side of the ball. We havent had a true elite player since Ngata.

No penalty for putting a guy on IR. I'd rather have him than some random to fit the giant pre-season rosters who will get cut just a few practices in. Were not wasting anything by keeping him.

2yno6dx.png

#15 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Every team has these types of players. You seem to be under the impression that were cutting Von Miller or JJ Watt for guys who we hope develop into star players. Were not keeping these guys over some amazing player. They are simply better and happen to have more potential than the other guys out there. I'd rather have a guy who doesn't do much now but has potential, than a 3rd string offensive linemen who occasionally comes in for a play in a goal line situation.

We have cut those 'potential' guys only to see them turn into great players such as Jeff Saturday and Antwan Barnes (though Antwan Barnes was traded for a 7th to give us Anthony Allen, 7th round picks might as well give him away and he is much better than AA).

Edited by dhstandard, 17 January 2013 - 11:31 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#16 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Every team has these types of players. You seem to be under the impression that were cutting Von Miller or JJ Watt for guys who we hope develop into star players. Were not keeping these guys over some amazing player. They are simply better and happen to have more potential than the other guys out there. I'd rather have a guy who doesn't do much now but has potential, than a 3rd string offensive linemen who occasionally comes in for a plaamesy in a goal line situation.

We have cut those 'potential' guys only to see them turn into great players such as Jeff Saturday and Antwan Barnes (though Antwan Barnes was traded for a 7th to give us Anthony Allen, 7th round picks might as well give him away and he is much better than AA).

James Harrison anyone!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users