44 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

The Ravens veteran linebacker has helped the Ravens from more than an emotional perspective.

View the full article

#2 Woodhead

Woodhead

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Very Instinctive player can not underestimate his instinctive football smarts, however he has definitely slowed down a step and is probably right in making his retirement decision.

#3 Joe2Dennis4Six

Joe2Dennis4Six

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

i love ray as much as anybody but the reality is brady will target ray all day sunday just like luck did and just like peyton did. i think the stat line was like 12-14 or 14-16 when rays been targeted for like 150 yards. Thats alarming and one of the reasons ray STILL should be coming off the field on obvious passing downs. Bynes played well down the stretch next to ellerbee.

#4 ravecapn

ravecapn

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

ray is irreplaceable, hopefully one of the young guys can step up and play the leadership role that he did

#5 ravecapn

ravecapn

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

He is still playing phenomenal. I agree with Woodhead though, he definatly has slowed down and isn't as good in the pass defense in a man coverage situation.

#6 jlen29

jlen29

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

he has an NFL-leading 30 tackles, enough said bout needing to come off the field

#7 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

i love ray as much as anybody but the reality is brady will target ray all day sunday just like luck did and just like peyton did. i think the stat line was like 12-14 or 14-16 when rays been targeted for like 150 yards. Thats alarming and one of the reasons ray STILL should be coming off the field on obvious passing downs. Bynes played well down the stretch next to ellerbee.

Disagree with you. I thought Ray played well in coverage. He got beat once, and got a flag on another. But if you notice the short passes and stuff that came across the middle, they didn't get far, cause Ray was right there to make a tackle. He locked down the middle of the field, if they completed a pass in his area, he was tackling them. If you noticed, that plan worked well. Force them to dink and dunk, cause that won't beat us. I thought Ray was all over the field, i swear he was in on almost every tackle.

#8 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ray Lewis is the reason the NFL is a passing league now. Everyone knew they'd never be able to run the ball while he was on the field.

#9 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

they gonna have to put someone else on woodhead, like a safety or CB, that guy is mismatch for any LB

#10 HardKnocks

HardKnocks

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ray is playing like he shouldn't retire. Ray is playing with a calm hunger for a plate of legacy with a large side bowl of Super.

#11 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

The man who has 30 tackles in the last 2 games is not the person you would think would retire,if this what he wants than I'm not going into details,I just wish he would hang around another few years

#12 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

"Pundits have argued that Lewis isn't the same player he was earlier in his career, and that he doesn't have the same sideline-to-sideline speed that made him so dangerous."

Wow - really? That's some analysis. You mean he's not playing like he's at the peak of his career at age 37? Hard to believe.

Well, there's a pretty big space between being the greatest ILB of all time and being "washed-up" (as our Denver reporter friend referred to him). Ray is hitting a nice spot between those two extremes and is providing a huge lift to our D.

#13 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm going to build a machine and name it Ray Lewis and if anyone ask me what it is, I'm going to say it's a machine, Jerk.

Inspiration a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation.

Ray Lewis

Edited by Hardhitters, 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#14 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ray is the G.O.A.T of Middle Line Backers and is still leading our D. He will lead us to the promise land.

#15 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

4 of 18 are picking the ravens roll on ,,,,,,

#16 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think Ray is going to make a bunch of big tackles in the next game. If Brady is going to take anything away from Manning's successes in the last game, it will be that those Short Passes were there all day and night long. I don't want NE to win by 30 five yard passes in the game, so watch for that RAVENS fans.

#17 GoldRaven

GoldRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

We need to win the superbowl now because of the dreadfull free agency.

John Mackey is a terrible person for establishing free agency!

Ozzie is never aggressive enough to sign free agents and hopefully this is the time Steve Bichotti takes control of the team and opens up his checkbook and not let Kruger, Ellerbe, and Pitta get away.

#18 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Ray lewis is going out the way he came in with a roar . this retirement is killing me but he has earned his time off . superbowl or bust.

#19 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

4 of 18 are picking the ravens roll on ,,,,,,

let all of the pundits pick against us i seem to remember that not working out too well last week . I thought peyton was god almighty in the sports commentators world this week its brady they need to make there minds up i mean how many gods can you have in one nfl ....

#20 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

they gonna have to put someone else on woodhead, like a safety or CB, that guy is mismatch for any LB

I was thinking graham, but what about hernadez.they have allot of weapons like us . this matchup is awesome even if your not a ravens or pats fan as a fan of the sport this game is going to rock.

Edited by wasabiebird, 17 January 2013 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users