Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon22

Solutions Inside The Organization On Defense

37 posts in this topic

Dean Pees has done really well once he moved up in the box and our players really got situated in our defense. There was a lot going on in the beginning of the year with players leaving, players getting injured and a new DC.

Why is there a need for solutions? There was a lot of turnover with a new DC, young guys replacing veterans, and a lot of injuries and they've gotten better as the season went on.

Oh my God!!! Don't you have homework to do or something?

Pees is fine! Stop solving all of our problems that don't need to be solved!

When someone better than Pees gets fired and we have a shot at taking him, I'd say hire him. However, there aren't any good DCs who don't want to be HCs, and we don't have anyone internally who is better than Pees, so he stays.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1358455287' post='1315841']

[/quote]

i lol'd.

Pees isn't going anywhere.

Pees is on point with the defense now! he's gotten more aggressive as the season went on and now in the playoffs. i like it!

~Mili

since he stepped up, making adjustments, blitzing more i expect tom brady to be on the run sunday. we played them once this year but this time we have a healthy defense and everyone will be on the field. i wont be surprised if we get 3+ sacks maybe a couple of interceptions, and hit 8+ times. i wont be surprised at all. if you notice once our offense began moving the consistintaly the defense is stronger. thank caldwell for this.

It would be a great cap to the season to beat the NFL's Golden Boy in Andrew Luck, then beat the Raven's killer in Peyton Manning, then get redemption against Tom Brady, and then lastly prove who was the best QB in the 2008 draft and beat Matt Ryan. How sweet would that be?!?!

I'm willing to see Pees as DC for another year. Because over the last half of the season the defense showed tremendous improvement. The total yards went from bottom 5 in the nfl to the middle of the rankings which is impressive.
He had alot of inexperienced players playing extended minutes for the first time in their careers. Along with missing a defense Anchor in Suggs, and still having to deal with Cam Cameron calling plays on offense.

After pees moved into the booth he began to make much better adjustments including moving Kruger back into a situational rusher, working in more DB blitzes from Pollard, Graham, Ihegdibo. Also the defense looked strong for large portions of games while missing 3 or 4 starters at a time.

Unreal. Just when I thought the Pees-hating geniuses forgot what they were whining about...

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1358455287' post='1315841']

[/quote]
Now do you all not mind the Irrelevant one?
Pees is fine!. Nothing wrong here..

Nothing to see here in general :feedtroll:

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1358446608' post='1315685']
Don 'wink' Martindale Should Be Promoted to DC at The End Of The Season
[/quote]

I negged this not because of your opinion but you really didn't give a reason why or what would be different. I'll +1 you if you can back up your statement.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358479206' post='1316220']
Unreal. Just when I thought the Pees-hating geniuses forgot what they were whining about...
[/quote]
Not that I was a hater, but I still think Pees struggles in some areas. However, I have from day 1 said Pees was an intelligent football mind.

Sunday's game will be the deciding factor for me on my opinion of Pees. If he found a way to prevent coverage breakdowns with the Pats no huddle, and found ways to force the Pats into FGs then I'll be impressed with him.

[quote name='Brandon22' timestamp='1358446608' post='1315685']
Don 'wink' Martindale Should Be Promoted to DC at The End Of The Season
[/quote]

Stop capitalizing every word. Its killin' me!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358560503' post='1317154']
[/quote]
But It Is Necesary For One To Make A Point ;)

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358560503' post='1317154']
[/quote]
reallY? that'S weirD ....

I likE peeS, I thinK he'S fittinG iN quitE welL witH timE, anD hiS lasT namE iS awesomE!

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1358464278' post='1315977']
Dean Pees' defense only gave up 21 points in Denver. Don't lose sight of that.
[/quote] Yeah, but this week he is facing the absolute best ever, and the absolute best football mind ever.. so your opinion may change..

[quote name='Brain' timestamp='1358561983' post='1317182']
Yeah, but this week he is facing the absolute best ever, and the absolute best football mind ever.. so your opinion may change..
[/quote]
Actually, last week we played the greatest QB ever. Just keeping your facts straight

Yeah, but this week he is facing the absolute best ever, and the absolute best football mind ever.. so your opinion may change..
[/quote]

Johnny U is back?

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358565195' post='1317222']
Johnny U is back?
[/quote]
Nope, remeber Johnny U played in Bmore, now Brady should be shaking in his boots :banana1:

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1358560359' post='1317149']
Not that I was a hater, but I still think Pees struggles in some areas. However, I have from day 1 said Pees was an intelligent football mind.

Sunday's game will be the deciding factor for me on my opinion of Pees. If he found a way to prevent coverage breakdowns with the Pats no huddle, and found ways to force the Pats into FGs then I'll be impressed with him.
[/quote]

Nah, it's one thing to point out flaws, but calling for his head after week 2 (and ever since lol) was a bit much from some people..

I think he's pretty decent. I would be happy if he is our DC next year, but there are definitely a few other guys I'd rather have as well.

[b]Yeah, but this week he is facing the absolute best ever,[/b] and the absolute best football mind ever.. so your opinion may change..
[/quote]

We played Denver last week.

Brady's top 10 though