Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] It’s Tucker Time Now

41 posts in this topic

Billy Cundiff’s miss in last year’s AFC championship means nothing to kicker Justin Tucker.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/It’s-Tucker-Time-Now/61f35052-e7cd-49e7-8291-3fa465f6f216]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1358443096' post='1315599']
He needs a nickname.
[/quote]

What about "Bad Mother Tucker"? Too risque?

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 18, 2013 - smh · Report post

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1358443096' post='1315599']
He needs a nickname.
[/quote]

Why?

Tucker has ice in his veins, the dude is money. I have the utmost confidence in him. He will be our next Matt Stover.

Watch this video. Fell the pain again of last year. Then on Sunday when we kick the snot out of that team we will party likes it's 2000!

http://www.newenglandpatriottickets.org/Video.aspx?id=jS8gPFkUBhc&desc=New England Patriot AFC Lamar Hunt Trophy Presentation Ceremony 2011-2012

It's not very original, but I usually call him J.T. when he's coming onto the field. As in "Alright, J.T., do your thing. Line it up, cross it out and straight through."

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1358443447' post='1315607']
What about "Bad Mother Tucker"? Too risque?
[/quote]

I'd shorten it to [i]Mother Tucker.[/i]

I think it is not only that he makes the percentage he makes, it's how he makes them. They are not straight liners or like a wobbly duck. Each kick is plenty long, plenty high and from my point of view he is within the middle 50% of the goal post (except the New England kick and the 3 he missed) the majority of the time, and because his kicks come out consistent and on target, I don't feel like throwing up every time we kick a field goal this year.

For kickers - body language is telling. Last week, when Rice picked up that crucial 1st down, they showed the sideline and Tucker pumped his fist as he was warming up on the sidelines, so as to say, "yes, I'm going to get a shot at winning this thing."

Other kickers would take a deep breath, exhale as if to say, "oh man, it looks like I'm going to be called upon to win this thing."

Tuck is money. Considering he was kicking all training camp to win a job, hitting a 47 yarder is nothing to him. Thank God Cundiff didn't come out for the kick. If he had the Ravens would be sitting home.

I know I will get a 1000 negatives for even saying this, and I understand after the Bill Cundiff experience last year - You are all in on Tucker, I get that. That FG was a double OT clutch game winning kick.

But to say I want the game coming down to a Tucker FG to win in Foxborough, I really hope not. Why, because it can be debated whether he made that easy FG in the first matchup to win it (although I believe he made it). When I watched that FG start going to the right in the Broncos game I had to take a peek at the refs with their hands in the air. Yes it was cold in Denver and yes it was the biggest kick in Tucker's life, but 47 yarders are 95% expected when the wind is dead (and look at the streamers - the wind was dead). There have been a few others that did not sail right down the middle this year.

I like Tucker very much and it is only his rookie year, so the sky is the limit for this kid. All I am saying is, and don't hate on me, I hope it does not come down to another game winning or game tying FG on Sunday. I don't quite have the confidence I did in 2000 with Matt Stover's kicking where they went right down the middle.

That 55 yarder Shayne Graham hit last Sunday for the Texans sailed right down the middle. I am the one that was beside myself that he was not still kicking for us last January, because I had already lost faith in Cundiff by November.

Replay the kick and answer me this: If that kick was a 55 yarder would all the comments be typed the exact same. Just saying I am going to hold off on saying, "Tucker is money!" until after we play in New Orleans. What I will agree with is - THANK GOD CUNDIFF HAS BEEN REPLACED!

Tucker hasn't kicked anything near as poorly as Cundiff's miss from last year. We have a better team this year. Tucker has added his plus to it.

I would love to see Justin drill a 60yd field goal in the closing minutes just to spite New England if we are leading, if there was a contest to name these players I'd call him " Happy Feet "

I would rather any FG attempts just be eliminated, preferably with a large succession of TD's. The only kick to worry about then is the extra 1-pointer. I know that isn't realistic, but one can hope.