Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Boston Billboard Counts Down Ray Lewis' Retirement

96 posts in this topic

The emotional push for Ray Lewis had simmered, but that may be ramped up now.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Boston-Billboard-Counts-Down-Ray-Lewis-Retirement/16b244cc-5a6f-4b74-ada2-e2a52f55808b]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Ray isn't done dancing yet. He's got one more in him for the city of New Orleans!![/i][/font]

Aww, it just some good ribbing and nothing short of what we do.
They SHOULD be proud of their team. They are in the AFC championship.
If we don;t like what they are saying, don't get mad, get even.

Thanks for the sign. The Broncos did the same thing and look what that got them. Bad karma for them.

Don't Mess with Ray Lewis' Nest!

Hell hath no fury like a man scorned!!!!

"This type of behaviour has probably been crucial in the evolution of society as the majority of people in a group are motivated to punish the rest, they expressed more desire for revenge and seemed to feel satisfaction when unfair people were given what they perceived as deserved physical punishment."
The Germans call it schadenfreude.

Time to unleash some serious "schadenfreude" on the Patriots ...
Go Get 'Em, Ravens!!!

It's actually done in good taste. Kinda funny. Much better than some nobody Denver columnist calling Ray Lewis a loser. No matter how much talk goes on, I know Patriot fans have a respect for the Ravens and especially Ray Lewis. I know Brady and Belichick do. As hot as the Pats are, you can be darn sure that they are preparing their butts off. Even though they are a 9.5 point favorite, I'm sure they can feel that the momentum is swinging. We need to prepare twice as hard. Last year's result has to be a distant memory replaced with us coming out on top. In week 3 Ray Lewis said "revenge is a dish best served cold." We won the game, but revenge won't be served until we are victorious this weekend. I am beyond nervous, anxious, and excited. Ray Lewis' last ride is only fitting to end in a city that is known for celebration. Not on a cold field in Foxborough. Get it done Ravens!

Keep it up, guys. I want to see the Pats fan base continue to predict scores like 42-14 and for a large portion of football's talking heads to say we not only will not win, but that we have no chance. Vegas seems to also be on board, which is fine.

Mink, you and the crew need to split your writers check with many of the flock members in here cause we're giving you cats TONS of material to do your jobs. LOL!!

~Mili

You'd think the Boston community would've have learned from the Denver community and their arrogance and over confidence.

Guess not.

I guess they throwing him a celebration at the AFC championship game when we win. thanks for the Party Pats hope i get invited.

[quote name='iamDLEErious' timestamp='1358438610' post='1315514']
No matter how much talk goes on, I know Patriot fans have a respect for the Ravens and especially Ray Lewis. I know Brady and Belichick do.
[/quote] The Pats fans I've talked to absolutely do NOT have respect for the Ravens, and purely disrespect Ray Lewis.

Typical arrogant NE fans! Who cares as long as we have a great game plan and execute to perfection.... as far as I am concerned if we do that, we cannot lose because man to man we are a far more talented group!

The thing that pisses me off about this isn't the signed, it's the coverage that it's not getting like the tweet Brendon Ayanbadejo got, saying the Patriots were fuming over his comment. What he did was dumb and stupid but it's really a none issue because he's not out there playing every down, I could care less about a billboard but if the media is going to make a big deal out of Ayanbadejo, why not cover this?

who cares!! i dont care let them do what they do they are trying to get behind there team in a disrespectful way. Ravens Nation knows that this is our second to last bus stop to achieve our destination so idc. Like Flacco said we dont care we are on the field and dont think about it lets Go Ravens

They can think that all they want. This team has been battle tested. Even though no one ever bothered to say it, when the playoffs started, they were the AFC Darkhorse.
1. 4th and 29 and they still stuck together
2. 3 game losing streak
3. Modell passing
4. Torrey's brother passing
5. Suggs starting season as PUP. Ray injury and Lardarius injury in same game
6. Defense that prided themselves for year and years on stopping the run gets trampled on. Gets broke. Not a single pundit buys it anymore
7. QB says I'm amongst the best and balls out in the first quarter of the year, but then fizzles off
8. Then the OC gets canned, and everyone still sticks together

Last year we were 12-4. Everyone thought we were the most complete team, which we probably were in the AFC, but we weren't really together. This Patriots team does not strike fear into this Ravens team, and therefore, they may have to change the numbers on the billboard

Can't compare it to Ayenbadejo. He's on the team, the billboard is from basically nobody. It's almost like using a quote from a fan to rile up the other team. Picture this: Reporter:"Ray, how do you respond to patsfan4lyfe's comment that you suck?"
Ray:"Such disrespect from someone of patsfan4lyfe's stature is enough to make our blood boil! We'll rip their heads off for that!"

Amazing ... Media never gives the Ravens any Love!

And here is another example ... NOT one Raven mentioned! ... Unbelievable!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2012-elite-performers

Pats fans wanna be cool/relevant so bad. There is nothing attn worthy about Boston, i feel sorry for those poor poor lames lmao

Thoose New England Fans just showed how much of a piece of trash they are. They have no class wanna be tough guys. I have to say I like Brady but the rest of low class population are fools and can`t wait to beat them. Ray open up the can of whoop [profanity deleted]. Go Ravens...Go Ray!!!

i hate the NE Pats so much this just put the icing on the cake, they will see come sunday. we should of won last year..

Since the Pats won't be at the Superbowl, it's their only chance to celebrate Ray's last game against them. I think it's very thoughtful.

This sign definitely Trumps what Ayanbadejo and Boldin said.
As if we needed anymore motivation.

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1358441611' post='1315565']
They can think that all they want. This team has been battle tested. Even though no one ever bothered to say it, when the playoffs started, they were the AFC Darkhorse.
1. 4th and 29 and they still stuck together
2. 3 game losing streak
3. Modell passing
4. Torrey's brother passing
5. Suggs starting season as PUP. Ray injury and Lardarius injury in same game
6. Defense that prided themselves for year and years on stopping the run gets trampled on. Gets broke. Not a single pundit buys it anymore
7. QB says I'm amongst the best and balls out in the first quarter of the year, but then fizzles off
8. Then the OC gets canned, and everyone still sticks together

Last year we were 12-4. Everyone thought we were the most complete team, which we probably were in the AFC, but we weren't really together. This Patriots team does not strike fear into this Ravens team, and therefore, they may have to change the numbers on the billboard
[/quote]

PREACH!!!!

The billboard is chuckle-worthy. Nothing more.
As a low-class, piece-of-trash, fan of thoooose Patriots, I can honestly say it made me chuckle a bit. It's fun to trash talk, but some people get seriously angry over some petty things. Also, Clear-channel owns plenty of stations in the Baltimore area, so I'm sure you could find a similar one there.

You know... What I've hated about the last 2 postseason games against the Patriots is we have been lower ranked and can't use our purple uniforms... I really like our home uniforms better than the white. It's cool watching Smith in purple fly by the Pats.

You know this is "Billboard" material that the Pats organization did not want to see!

Those Pats fans will regret that billboard for sure. When Ray Lewis is holding his second trophy they will be whining and complaining.

People always talk about the curse of being the cover of madden or Sports Illustrated? or disrespecting the terrible towels? But what about wanting to retire Ray Lewis early!? Look at Ashley Fox's prediction! and the ones who said the Colts would win! I think this bill board has put a hoax on NE! Go Ravens!

Im avoiding any clear channel station. period. I'll listen to my damn ipod if I have to, if they were to own the entire radio.

I think Ray will wait until after the Superbowl for his retirement party even if the Ravens lose on Sunday.

they did this last week with the broncos...use it...use it...use it...as fuel, we expressed our disapproval of brandon's tweet, this is over the top...i hope we rub them out...I want 35-7 by the 3rd quater.

i guess it makes up for ayanbadejos dumb twitter remark. settle it on the field. go ravens!!

I hate when players talk, or stupid stuff like this happens. Just go out on the field and play, the media talks enough.

God, can we just play the game already???

I'm so pumped up and juiced that I simply

Can't Wait 'Til Sunday!!!!!

Holy Cow, Anybody else ready for some Ravens football or what???

We need to go into New England this Sunday just like Leeroy Jenkins. If we do, we cant lose no matter what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

I'd like to pitch in money to rent a billboard in Boston,I betcha those fans there would tear it up.I went onto the Broncos FaceBook page after the game and left some expletive comment, oh wow I got at least 2 hundred sour puss fans wishing me dead.

@Norway..It's suppose to be funny lol. But that's besides the point. In all seriousness the Ravens have to go into Foxboro with a sense of purpose. We have been battle tested all year, and the Pats are not ready for a physically dominating team like us. A team who is willing to push them around and get physical.