Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Footman DCXLV

Terry Bradshaw Rips Ray Lewis

64 posts in this topic

Apparently, Terry Bradshaw was on a New York radio show yesterday and had some odd responses when asked about Ray Lewis' retirement. Here's the audio of his response:

http://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/11-terry-bradshaw-tired-of-ray-lewis-retirement-tour-move-on-its-flaccos-team-mike-francesca-wfan-new-york-2.mp3

Basically, he was asked about Ray's retirement and if he thinks it's still providing motivation for the team. He responded by saying he'll be glad when he retires, and asking "how many times are you going to retire?" The hosts of the show seemed to be confused, too, saying that he hadn't announced his retirement more than once. It isn't a Brett Favre situation, but Bradshaw seems to be tired of hearing about it every week.
He went on to say that we're winning these games because of Joe Flacco, not Ray Lewis.

I don't know if it's Pittsburgh-Baltimore bias here, or what. But, I'm not quite sure where he's getting these ideas. He seems to think the story of his retirement is dragging on too long and that he's getting too much attention. It's been, what? Less than three weeks?
My opinion of Bradshaw definitely takes a big dip after this one.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I discredited Bradshaw EONS ago. Doesn't surprise me. He is, was and always will be biased towards us. Sweep him under the rug like the dust he is.[/i][/font]

[center][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][img]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/frozenaugust/red-panda-hate.gif[/img][/i][/font][/center]

The coverage of Ray Lewis' retirement is appropriate and fitting for a player of his stature.

Terry will be ok...

I think he's bitter because Ray is still tearing it up and he's stuck doing Weight Watchers commercials.

This is rediculous. I never had any respect for him to begin with, but this certianly lowers it even further. But whatever, we dont need his approval to go and win on sunday.

doesn't surprise me in the least. if you look at past retirements Ray Lewis deal is no where near as some people's. and to be honest, All Ray has done is announce it, saying he's at peace with the decision. Its everyone else making it a huge deal.

Bradshaw is widely known as not being too smart. Doesn't sound like it was the most cognizant thought either as it didn't make much sense. However, I think what he may have been trying to do was shine the light on why the Ravens are winning these games, or why he sees us winning these games. Its not Ray, emotional uplift or not, he is not the reason. It could be that Bradshaw is just tired of hearing about Ray while ignoring the fact that Joe is having an excellent post season and is the real reason we are winning in the post season. I think that being a QB himself, that he is probably just tired of seeing Joe not getting credit, while Ray and his pending retirement is taking all the spotlight. At least that's the only way I can see it without a total disrespect for the greatest defensive player to ever live, and what will soon be his last game whenever that game comes (hopefully not for 2 more)

Terry has been know for opening his mouth and inserting his foot on more then one occasion. This is no exception. He's simply a doof being himself.

[quote name='saved72907' timestamp='1358441306' post='1315563']
Duck Dynasty man Phil Roberts started over him in college....... I find that funny.
[/quote] now that's funny. :banana1:

Jealous, son of the gun.....

Besides, we don't expect or need any love from the outside; it's Ravens nation period.....

All right Terry, it's time to take your meds.

Really though, Ray continues to show class by demonstrating the right way to retire from the NFL if you're a superstar like he is. Just say it and stick with it when you are truly sure you're done.

When Fox showed the Colts game highlights and showed Ray's last dance.. pretty sure it was Bradshaw who did a patronizing 'good for you' after it.

To be honest Bradshaw sounded drunk, and what has Ray actually done but announce his retirement? The media flocks to him not the other way around.

[quote name='saved72907' timestamp='1358441306' post='1315563']
Duck Dynasty man Phil Roberts started over him in college....... I find that funny.
[/quote]i couldn't believe that when I first heard that and Phil has more money too lol

[quote name='dirtybird10' timestamp='1358439784' post='1315535']
Bradshaw is widely known as not being too smart.
[/quote]
This.
Bradshaw is commonly known as lacking in intelligence.

I find it funny that so many people are getting tired of the "Ray Lewis Thing", yet just can't get enough of how great Brady is, or how remarkable Peyton's season was.

Ray has done nothing but, announced his retirement and went out and helped his team win in the playoffs. Most people thought that Ray's retirement was some kind of emotional, self publication thing, and now that they see he's actually playing well, they hate it.

The media had guys camped out at a High School just to see Brett Favre throw a football to some school kids, and after 2 1/2 weeks you're tired of Ray Lewis. Give me a break.

I can't wait to see the Ravens raise that Super Bowl Trophy and have a on field party for Ray, the fans, Mr Modell and JO for making the HOF and shove it in the face of all the haters.