Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/17: Lee Evans Opens Up About Last Year's Game

63 posts in this topic

Suggs mic'd up vs. Denver. Expect a Harbaugh Bowl. What kind of money will Flacco want?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-117-Lee-Evans-Opens-Up-About-Last-Years-Game/b9b595eb-f4ca-4f3e-8b3b-7c2ddadb70ad]View the full article[/url]

dont franchise joe, PLEASE figure this deal out so we can franchise kruger and see if hes for real, i believe he is but pass rushers fall off, and thats a fact

Was pretty mad at Lee Evans after that strip but feel very sorry for him now. So much promise at the beginning of the year. Life is a strange thing. A split second is the difference between becoming a champion and losing your job. Wow! That's the bitter truth my friends.

As badly as I feel for Lee Evans I can't help but wonder if he got cocky at the last second and started celebrating too early. I think the Ravens, especially receivers and backs, will use that moment in that game as a huge reference point. Look the ball in, complete the catch, secure the ball until you are in the end zone or down by contact. I hope this one is over shortly after it starts-- in favor of the 4th seed in the AFC (as usual).

Lee, given 100 times, 99 time you make that catch!

I never blamed you!

I was angry at the coaches for going into a cryogenic state, afterwards, and not calling a Timeout to collect themselves and settle Billy down before that rushed kick!

THAT bit of dementia, in my eyes, was what lost the game!

If Mink/Downing are reading these, please make sure that we keep track of the downs when we are on the offense. Those NE crew will manipulate the scoreboard to show the wrong #down again and generate confusion.

Yeah, Lee had the ball smacked out of his grip, but he was still a great part of the team last year overall. I have forgiven him, just the heartbreak of it happening will linger.

It actually wasn't a drop, He caught that ball and then the defender knocked it away. What needed to be reviewed was whether or not had 2 feet down before the defender knocked it away. Either way Lee Evans wasn't worth 4 Mil a year.

I don't know why I want to see a story about this now. I'm glad to see Lee has moved on from this. So have we. GO RAVENS!

[quote name='kRave14' timestamp='1358434858' post='1315444']
Everyone check this out its pretty clever!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I love this!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I urge everyone, just keep your eyes forward. What's done is done. No going back. We can't change it.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We keep our eyes forward, keep looking out for this Sunday. This Sunday, we've got a chance to finish what we started. We've got a chance to shock the world... again... for the third week in a row.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Eyes forward. Helmet on. Chinstrap buckled-up. It's game time!![/i][/font]

i hope flacco realizes to stay competitive you cannot allow your agent to hog up all the salary cap or else the team will have trouble signing players like oher kruger ellerbe etc... etc... greed never makes anyone happy!! go ravens

of ellerbe, kruger, williams, i think it's a must to try to retain ellerbe. He's been terrific and a pure stand out. also, that is the position where the Ravens are thinnest. Although, Kruger has been very good this season, we still have Upshaw, and I would like to see what Adrian Hamilton could do! Also, pass rush usually gets more money than ILB. P.S. any way we can resign McKinnie another couple years? He's played lights out against 2 of the best pass rushers in the game in these 2 playoff games. Good job!!

Reasons why this is an important article about Evans:

1. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
2. Time to let go (no pun intended) of the dissapointment as we are back in the Championship game
3.This made the Ravens stronger and more determined than the team of last year which will pay dividends Sunday and in the Superbowl

joe has every right to demand big time money. who is making more than him and watching the playoffs or hasn't even made it to the the postseason yet. right off the top of my head 1) ryan fitzpatrick 5yr /50 mil, 2)mike vick 6yr/100mi, 3)rivers 6yr/ 92mil, 4) matt cassel 5yr/60mil if i were joe's agent i think i made a pretty strong case. it it what it is. joe's a winner . tell me the bills, chargers, eagles, or chief wouldn't love to him and and would ante up the dough. i realize that this is gonna be an ugly offseason but it starts with flacco. period.

Although I wish he had SQUEEZED the crap out of that ball once he had it; I do know that it was a hell of a defensive play, and "bang, bang". It happened so fast.

Oh well...regardless...we have another shot.

But the outcome MUST be different!

GO RAVENS!!!!

I agree with others, pay Flacco. But I also agree with others who have pointed out that Manning and Brady and several other lesser paid qb's took pay cuts to free up cap space to allow other players to be signed. A smart qb realizes that when he wins, especially when his teammates (defense) has helped him incredibly in attaining such a high win-loss ratio, that losing those teammates means that he will make a lot of guaranteed money this time, but losers don't make money in the long run, ask Mark Sanchez who signed a lucrative contract last year and New York is stuck with him and look for him to take a huge pay cut to play. Does Flacco want a Sanchez career or a Brady-Manning type career? He will have to choose but Flacco can't do it alone. He does not have the natural skills Manning and Brady have, but he makes up for it in tenacity and his never say die attitude. Joe, don't hog the salary cap and let's continue to win. We love you but not at the cost of the players we would lose if he holds our for a killer contract and we have to franchise him. If we do that and can't afford the other players and go 5 and 11 next year, who in Baltimore will be in Flacco's corner. Greed has brought down many a man.

I want Atlanta in the SB! Joe should get through Luck, Manning, Brandy and then finally settle the Flacco vs Ryan debate. That would be epic.

I dont care tht was a touchdown lee evans caught the ball 2feet dwn and broke the plane u dnt even need 2 feet cause the ball broke the plane he had possesion

There was a play in the Colts game in which Boldin jumps up in the endzone, grabs a ball, and clutches it so hard on the way down he nearly tears the arm off the defender trying to bat it our of his hands. I wonder if he was having flashbacks to the Evans drop as he was doing it.

I agree, that the Ravens shouldn't give Joe a Drew Brees type of contract, but not because I don't think he doesn't deserve it (he probably does after all the crap he takes from EVERYONE) and not because I don't feel he has the potential to become elite (he certainly shows that potential), but because I don't think even Brees should get paid this much.
It's still pretty obvious that the contract will end up being big and reflect the respect the organization has or at least should have to Joe's contribution.
There is no good reason why he shouldn't be elevated past Rivers and Big Ben in terms of contract imho (even if it is by a slight amount). But nobody should get paid as much as Manning for example.

Last year still hurts. I was in a funk for weeks. I even skipped watching the Super Bowl last year and watched a dvd movie Animal House. But I have long forgiven Lee Evans, he is human, things happened. I actually feel for him. He has to deal with this the rest of his life. We may see another Super Bowl again, he won`t. Time to give the man a hug and let it go. Go Ravens !

lee evans has the most important pass thrown to him in his entire career and he let it go, he knows it as well all of us so maybe we should let it go as well n forget about it, we cant have this or cundiff's field goal miss in our heads going into this sunday. Brady is going to be on his A game and im sure hes heard the media point out that Flacco has outplayed him the past few games so i expect the very best brady to be on the field this sunday. Forget the nonsense of last year. Our team has to play focused and relentless. Hopefully we are talking super bowl at this time next week. Lets Go Ravens!

[quote name='fusuymada' timestamp='1358439568' post='1315532']
Does Flacco want a Sanchez career or a Brady-Manning type career? He will have to choose but Flacco can't do it alone. He does not have the natural skills Manning and Brady have, but he makes up for it in tenacity and his never say die attitude. Joe, don't hog the salary cap and let's continue to win.
[/quote]

I disagree, that Joe doesn't have Brays or Mannings natural skills. Manning, has an unmatched football IQ, but he doesn't have Joe arm, resilient and big body or even mobility. What exactly can Manning do, that Flacco can't? I can remember a dozen ridiculous throws that Peyton NEVER (even in his prime) had the arm to make that Joe threw with ease.
Brady doesn't even have that. He only has a system, where he just filled in the role of Drew Bledsoe, who probably would have had as much, if not more success, if he didn't get injured. Sorry, Brady is getting the edge over the Flacco, just because of experience, but putting Tom and "natural ability" in one sentence is laughable.
Here are words that encompass Brady. System, Luck and the "Jets are horrible".

yes, it DID appear that the initial 'catch' should count as a reception, with 2 feet down inside the end zone.... the 'catch' should end the play.....
but remember folks, the league does not respect us....
Kinda looks like TZizzle is going to take over as our emotional Leader....