Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 1/17: Lee Evans Opens Up About Last Year's Game

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Suggs mic'd up vs. Denver. Expect a Harbaugh Bowl. What kind of money will Flacco want?

View the full article

#2 kRave14

kRave14

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Everyone check this out its pretty clever!

#3 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

dont franchise joe, PLEASE figure this deal out so we can franchise kruger and see if hes for real, i believe he is but pass rushers fall off, and thats a fact

#4 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Was pretty mad at Lee Evans after that strip but feel very sorry for him now. So much promise at the beginning of the year. Life is a strange thing. A split second is the difference between becoming a champion and losing your job. Wow! That's the bitter truth my friends.

#5 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

As badly as I feel for Lee Evans I can't help but wonder if he got cocky at the last second and started celebrating too early. I think the Ravens, especially receivers and backs, will use that moment in that game as a huge reference point. Look the ball in, complete the catch, secure the ball until you are in the end zone or down by contact. I hope this one is over shortly after it starts-- in favor of the 4th seed in the AFC (as usual).

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Lee, given 100 times, 99 time you make that catch!

I never blamed you!

I was angry at the coaches for going into a cryogenic state, afterwards, and not calling a Timeout to collect themselves and settle Billy down before that rushed kick!

THAT bit of dementia, in my eyes, was what lost the game!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 17 January 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#7 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

If Mink/Downing are reading these, please make sure that we keep track of the downs when we are on the offense. Those NE crew will manipulate the scoreboard to show the wrong #down again and generate confusion.

#8 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Poor Lee Evans, he'll never EVER shake that moment.

#9 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, Lee had the ball smacked out of his grip, but he was still a great part of the team last year overall. I have forgiven him, just the heartbreak of it happening will linger.

#10 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

It was last year. It appears as though everyone has learned from it. Time to look forward.

#11 Rahul

Rahul

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Where is Kevin Byrne... Whats with all the negativity....Let get the W.... GO RAVENS !!!

#12 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

It actually wasn't a drop, He caught that ball and then the defender knocked it away. What needed to be reviewed was whether or not had 2 feet down before the defender knocked it away. Either way Lee Evans wasn't worth 4 Mil a year.

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

I don't know why I want to see a story about this now. I'm glad to see Lee has moved on from this. So have we. GO RAVENS!

#14 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Everyone check this out its pretty clever!

I love this!!

I urge everyone, just keep your eyes forward. What's done is done. No going back. We can't change it.

We keep our eyes forward, keep looking out for this Sunday. This Sunday, we've got a chance to finish what we started. We've got a chance to shock the world... again... for the third week in a row.

Eyes forward. Helmet on. Chinstrap buckled-up. It's game time!!

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#15 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

i hope flacco realizes to stay competitive you cannot allow your agent to hog up all the salary cap or else the team will have trouble signing players like oher kruger ellerbe etc... etc... greed never makes anyone happy!! go ravens

#16 Ravenz_Win

Ravenz_Win

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Found this cool highlight vid of Flacco on youtube

#17 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

of ellerbe, kruger, williams, i think it's a must to try to retain ellerbe. He's been terrific and a pure stand out. also, that is the position where the Ravens are thinnest. Although, Kruger has been very good this season, we still have Upshaw, and I would like to see what Adrian Hamilton could do! Also, pass rush usually gets more money than ILB. P.S. any way we can resign McKinnie another couple years? He's played lights out against 2 of the best pass rushers in the game in these 2 playoff games. Good job!!

Edited by dwhravens, 17 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#18 descent into the maelstrom

descent into the maelstrom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Suggs is funny! "At a time like this, don't you wish y'all had Tim Tebow?"

#19 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Reasons why this is an important article about Evans:

1. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
2. Time to let go (no pun intended) of the dissapointment as we are back in the Championship game
3.This made the Ravens stronger and more determined than the team of last year which will pay dividends Sunday and in the Superbowl

#20 ravenfan21157

ravenfan21157

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

joe has every right to demand big time money. who is making more than him and watching the playoffs or hasn't even made it to the the postseason yet. right off the top of my head 1) ryan fitzpatrick 5yr /50 mil, 2)mike vick 6yr/100mi, 3)rivers 6yr/ 92mil, 4) matt cassel 5yr/60mil if i were joe's agent i think i made a pretty strong case. it it what it is. joe's a winner . tell me the bills, chargers, eagles, or chief wouldn't love to him and and would ante up the dough. i realize that this is gonna be an ugly offseason but it starts with flacco. period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users