57 replies to this topic

#1 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,117 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

ESPN posted an article following up with Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff in the time that's passed since their AFC Championship gaffes.

After reading of Evans' humility and his accountability for the dropped TD, I can't harbor any more resentment towards him. The play still makes me cringe, but I don't think the sight of him would make me boil.

Kudos to Lee Evans for embracing his lowest career moment and aiming to teach his son the hard lesson he's learned.

Posted Image

#2 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

ESPN posted an article following up with Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff in the time that's passed since their AFC Championship gaffes.

After reading of Evans' humility and his accountability for the dropped TD, I can't harbor anymore resentment towards him. The play still makes me cringe, but I don't think the sight of him would make me boil.

Kudos to Lee Evans for learning from his lowest career moment and aiming to teach his son the hard lesson he's learned.

I've never really disliked either of the two. Cundiff was very accountable and manned up. I respect that. Lee Evans, yeah, he dropped the ball. It happens, Boldin has done it, Housh has done it, it happens. That loss was always more than just two people.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#3 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Franny, you disappoint me, bro.

Although I appreciate the article and the touchy-feely father-son angle -- it still brings up bad mojo.

You're going to jinx us!

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Apparently David Reed wore a Lee Evans jersey to practice today. I don't know why, but thought I'd bring it up because I can.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,217 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't blame Evans. Moore made a great play. That's it.

Now Ed Dickson dropping the ball that could have moved the chains? Yeah, I'm not happy about that especially when it's been an issue for him--holding on to the ball, that is. Regardless, the entire team lost the game. And Cam Cameron.

#6 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Apparently David Reed wore a Lee Evans jersey to practice today. I don't know why, but thought I'd bring it up because I can.

Where did you read/hear this?
Posted Image

#7 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

After reading of Evans' humility and his accountability for the dropped TD, I can't harbor any more resentment towards him. The play still makes me cringe, but I don't think the sight of him would make me boil.

Kudos to Lee Evans for embracing his lowest career moment and aiming to teach his son the hard lesson he's learned.

The past is the past. Looks like he has moved on and is cheering for Ravens in maryland(his a resident here). I hope our Ravens team can lift his curse by finally getting that #2 Lombardi. It would be a bittersweet victory for both Evans and Ravens organization.

Lets get it done! Resilient and tough...our Ravens got this.

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#8 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Where did you read/hear this?

One of the reporters had it on Twitter earlier today

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,217 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Well, I hope he is inactive.

#10 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

That's actually pretty bizarre

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#11 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

That is the weirdest and dumbest things I've heard. Sure hope its false.
Posted Image

#12 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

That is the weirdest and dumbest things I've heard. Sure hope its false.

I can't remember who it was. Whoever it was, said that Bernard Pollard was playing with a boomerang and a couple of other guys were doing unusual things. But he said David Reed wearing an Evans jersey was the most bizarre thing about practice.

#13 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I can't remember who it was. Whoever it was, said that Bernard Pollard was playing with a boomerang and a couple of other guys were doing unusual things. But he said David Reed wearing an Evans jersey was the most bizarre thing about practice.

It sounds like we've gone Hippie!
Posted Image

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

David Reed in the Evans jersey mentioned here

http://www.baltimore...0,7377378.story

#15 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I went back to check on it just because it sounded so odd. It was Luke Jones of WNST. Pretty credible source.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#16 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

David Reed in the Evans jersey mentioned here

http://www.baltimore...0,7377378.story

Weird weird weird!
Posted Image

#17 Im An Ozzie Newsome Guy

Im An Ozzie Newsome Guy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

You know, I always saw Lee Evans as being a nice man, off-the-field. I mean, after all, Evans had the strength to admit, to Mike Mularkey, that he didn't have "it", anymore, and it was the better for him and the Jaguars to part ways (during preseason, back in August). That, right that, earned my respect; reading this only made it grow larger.

Ultimately, none of us truly blamed Lee Evans, despite what happened in last year's AFC Championship Game. For one, the dropped go-ahead TD (and, 99.9% likely, game-winning touchdown) was not the last play of the game. The Ravens still had at least two more plays to get the lead or, at worst, tie.

It's really weird, though, looking back at the Lee Evans experience; it failed, but Evans was practically hurt for the entire regular season. Hey, at least Joe Flacco looked his way in the playoffs. Evans could have become the hero, but never became the "zero", so-to-speak. It's all about instinct and you've got to hold onto the football; Sterling Moore was just at the right place, at the right time, to take advantage of a mis-opportunity.

But, still; Lee Evans, while still dropping a crucial pass, was no way near the level of disappointment that T.J. Houshmandzadeh was, mostly because Evans wasn't annoying, whining about not getting enough catches in a game. Err... it didn't help that the "all-great" T.J. was dropping passes, left-and-right, on a weekly basis (besides that game-winning touchdown in Pittsburgh)...

#18 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,495 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I can't believe he is still in the area, I know Cundiff is, I feel bad for both of them--kinda like the Bills kicker in the 90's.Scott Norwood.
68f2a8.jpg

#19 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

And Sterling Moore followed the Evans play up with this beauty of defensive technique. We forget about it because it was bookmarked by two of the most heart wrenching plays in our franchise's history but it happened nonetheless.

"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#20 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Man, I want to forget last year lost totally, and reading this brought back my nightmare and disappointment.

If we win all, it'll be good for both the fans, organization, Evans, and Cundiff.

This year team is way different than last year time due to the fact so many tragedies and misfortunes happening to us: Art passed away, injuries to Suggs, Webb, Lewis, Ngata, and many more, and Lewis' retirement. Our morale going to the AFC championship game is as high as ever; we will prevail as a team.

Team need to focus and so do I.....gear up, beer up, and food up ready for Sunday night showdown!....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users