26 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,543 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Bernard Pierce told reporters Wednesday that he’s going to play this week.

View the full article

#2 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Glad everybody is healthy on both sides no excuses for them after this lets just say UPSET.

#3 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ravens are at the healthiest going into the playoffs. Just have to hope it stays that way through out the Super Bowl Victory. At the end Ray can do his last dance then head off into retirement on top!!!

#4 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

There ain't a player dressing in purple who's not gonna beg to get a piece of this game!!!

RAVENS,... PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

#5 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't think they're practicing in full pads are they?

#6 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm concerned about Pierce, we need him

#7 deathonwings52

deathonwings52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Am I the only one with this reasoning. I keep hearing people say that the Ravens D needs to be ready for the fast paste offense that the pats are going to have and with all the snaps the D has been on the field for the past 2 weeks its going to go bad. Wondering, with all the snaps they have taken and their lungs and body working like they did for the very long game in Denver. I wonder if their stamina/cardio/fatigue has been built up to play even better? Just wondering. Look at it as building muscle, when you work it out it tears/breaks down and comes back bigger and stronger (if you eat right that is)..Think About It

#8 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Put Rainey, in there if Pierce is hurt! Or Anthony Allen, I mean its not like there is a shortage of RBs in Bmore to help Double R. when needed! new england will be scared to death of anything Joe or Lil Ray do out there on the field! Anquan, Torrey and Jacoby will wear out the secondary by halftime! Oh yeah, Its Kool to run up the score Sunday! 7 TDs and a FG will be LOVELY!

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

It doesn't matter who is playing. Winners make solutions and losers make excuses. Go out there and bring home a trophy boys. We all know it's going to happen.

#10 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Am I the only one with this reasoning. I keep hearing people say that the Ravens D needs to be ready for the fast paste offense that the pats are going to have and with all the snaps the D has been on the field for the past 2 weeks its going to go bad. Wondering, with all the snaps they have taken and their lungs and body working like they did for the very long game in Denver. I wonder if their stamina/cardio/fatigue has been built up to play even better? Just wondering. Look at it as building muscle, when you work it out it tears/breaks down and comes back bigger and stronger (if you eat right that is)..Think About It

not at all. I'm right there with you. I said this a few stories back, but playing in high altitude can actually increase the volume of your lungs and increase the rate of exercise once you return to sea-level. Lots of high endurance athletes train in high altitude for that reason. Now I've read that it usually takes a couple days, and seeing as our boys were only there for a day...I don't know how much of a positive effect it will have, but I actually think they will be more conditioned.

#11 pcgs41

pcgs41

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

not at all. I'm right there with you. I said this a few stories back, but playing in high altitude can actually increase the volume of your lungs and increase the rate of exercise once you return to sea-level. Lots of high endurance athletes train in high altitude for that reason. Now I've read that it usually takes a couple days, and seeing as our boys were only there for a day...I don't know how much of a positive effect it will have, but I actually think they will be more conditioned.

My view of the fast pace Patriot game is designed to take pressure of Brady whose decision making is questionable after taking hits. Their offense is made to take advantage of mismatches against predictable defenses. The Ravens are unpredictable and usually give the Patriots trouble. The Pats aren't use to playing physical teams and the Ravens are worn but stout with plenty of heart. All pressure is on the Pats where the Ravens by all accounts don't belong at this level. Games are won on the field and the Pats will have to win this game against a tough team unlike their usual weak divisional opponents the Jags, Miami and NYJets which is why their divisional champs the past 10 yrs. Injuries, penalties and turnovers are the winning factors to this win and the.SB.

#12 Detroit-Raven1996!

Detroit-Raven1996!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

When I learned that the Pats was the next game, I thought it's gonna be another close game, but not lately.....I've been having a feeling that the Ravens might just run away with this game.!!! Lets Go Ravens its yall time.

#13 dapooz

dapooz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

deathonwings52....did you mean to say "fast paced"? instead of fast paste? We don't want the guys to be glued to one another with the quick drying paste. That would be some kinda yucky!

#14 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Look what classy Boston is up to;

http://www.nfl.com/n...etirement-party

Bilboard counting down rays retirement.

#15 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

When I learned that the Pats was the next game, I thought it's gonna be another close game, but not lately.....I've been having a feeling that the Ravens might just run away with this game.!!! Lets Go Ravens its yall time.

Hope you're right!

#16 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Lets go Ravens, it is all about teamwork and execution and shut up the Patriot fans during the game on Sunday. Ravens have unfinished business to take care of up in Foxboro, and Lets go Ravens!!!!

#17 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Are you kidding me right now???

Clear channel Bill Board - New England ...

http://www.nfl.com/n...etirement-party

#18 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think that we should let the Patriots fans have their fun in trash talking because we all know that the Ravens will let the game do the talking, and trash talk is so pointless and New England fans will learn on Sunday why talk is cheap. Lets go Ravens baby!!!

#19 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

We survived without Pierce in the divisional round, but I think his presence is more critical this week. Pats fans seem to think no one can run on them. That's because people feel they have to throw, throw, throw to keep up with the NE offense. Caldwell has been calling very balanced games and has shown discipline to not abandon the run when we get behind a little.

The volume of plays our D has been on the field over the past 2 weeks could become an issue, if we're not sustaining drives. In DEN, against a better D, quick, long hits were necessary, because it was too hard to sustain those drives, but this week, we'll need some of those and Pierce can be a significant part of that.

#20 Woodhead

Woodhead

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Interesting story line about the brothers Arthur and Chandler Jones. Chandler the rookie for Patriots played well in his first 5 or so games but hasn't be a factor as of late.

I think this fast past Patriots Offense is going to be too much for the veteran Ravens Defense. I see the defense running out of steam in the 3rd qtr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users