Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 1/16: Who's Practicing, Who's Not

50 posts in this topic

Bernard Pierce told reporters Wednesday that he’s going to play this week.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/116-Whos-Practicing-Whos-Not/0ed86ca5-0e05-4ef0-a64b-c9b8604b22c5]View the full article[/url]

Ravens are at the healthiest going into the playoffs. Just have to hope it stays that way through out the Super Bowl Victory. At the end Ray can do his last dance then head off into retirement on top!!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Off topic, article was on injuries and who is playing vs. who is not! · Report post

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/37071_487461227959615_1240341487_n.jpg[/img]

This was put up in Boston. Really hope the team drives past this Billboard, or someone shares this image with the team....

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Unsportsmanlike inappropriate comment! · Report post

Brady's career ending Injury begins in 4 days 6 hours 55 minutes

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Off topic, article was on injuries and who is playing vs. who is not! · Report post

Great sign! It might override the SI cover jinx that has Joe unpaid Flacco starring.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Comment no longer necessary as previous comment was removed. · Report post

@DarkKnight52 - Not cool. Brady is contemptible, but wishing injury on someone is never OK, at least unless they're trying to physically injure or kill you. Wishing a career-ending injury is even worse.

When the RAY-vens "BEAT" the Patriots every NFL expert pundit will have excuses why the Bellachick boys lost not how RAY's thugs BEAT them. They are still firing Bronco coaches for losing to 9.5 pt underdogs. I do love excuses cause they omit that the other team had anything to do with the BEATING. GO RAY-vens!! Sneak up on'em. Beat the striped shirts too!

i want this so bad

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Profanity · Report post

Heath Evans, Charlie Casserly and Gerry Sandusky are A'sss.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Quoted post removed, comment not necessary · Report post

[quote name='20306cab' timestamp='1358382255' post='1314796']
Heath Evans, Charlie Casserly and Gerry Sandusky are A'sss.
[/quote]evans and casserly are patriot lovers no matter what story about the ravens they take the negative. usually sandusky is with the ravens . he does the show is he picking the patriots?

that sign is good ammunition they did the same thing in denver. such a waste

to Purple and Black : you have the wrong date for Ray's retirement party!!!! It's after we win the Super Bowl !!!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Insulting · Report post

Hey Ravens....I think I work with that Woodhead guy......

Die-hard Pats fan....

When he's given a complex task, you can actually smell the burning oak wafting from his cubicle....

Glad to see those adult continuing-ed keyboarding classes paying off, Woodhead.....

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1358381860' post='1314790']
i want this so bad
[/quote]

We all do, it's consuming my whole week

Someone sent me a picture of the inner harbor skyline at night, taken from federal hill of course, and there was a quote on the phot that read...

"This is Baltimore,whre no one cares about our sport teams but us. And everyone outside of Maryland expects us to lose every game.

But being Baltimore, we just tend to say (BLANK) you and win anyways"!!!!

Now I send that out to Skip WITless first and foremost, and then it gets passed on to every one out there that wants to sleep on our Ravens and RAVEN NATION!!!

Didn't get to see too much of the Pats/Texans game....documentary on the weather channel covering the dynamics of cumulo-nimbus clouds was more interesting.....

I did see JJ Watts pretty much get shut out of the second half (Pats edge-sealers can try that with Sizzle and Kruger all they want - good luck)...

Also saw a corp of slow-footed, slow-reacting secondary guys everytime Brady got inside the red zone.....interestingly, New Englands secondary didn't look much better, but they didn't have to.....Schaub looked underwhelming....

Trying to be as objective as I can, but I think we have a good chance to dominate the second half, get out of there with a win....

GO RAVENS!!!!!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 17, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

Oh, and another thing.....

I'm sure it's been mentioned many times before, but it should probably be reiterated yet one more time, given present circumstances (for our buddies, the Pats fans)....

Didn't the Pats play the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets two times each this season? Does this have anything to do with home field advantage every year in the playoffs? I was a lib arts major, someone please help me with this math....

Dear Mr. Brady, could we swap the Steelers for the Bills or the Jets, if only for like a season or two?

Sincerely yours,
Purp-a-trater

Why people from baltimore think their the only ones that believes in the ravens! Im from new Orleans and i may be the biggest raven fan some of you meet!there are lots of raven fans down here! i debate battle with steeler fans everyday when im at work!im a true raven fan!
We ravens fly together as an single competitive unit; That is the source!

Anybody else getting real impatient for this game? I'm like why is it taking so long for Sunday to get here? lol

Am I the only one with this reasoning. I keep hearing people say that the Ravens D needs to be ready for the fast paste offense that the pats are going to have and with all the snaps the D has been on the field for the past 2 weeks its going to go bad. Wondering, with all the snaps they have taken and their lungs and body working like they did for the very long game in Denver. I wonder if their stamina/cardio/fatigue has been built up to play even better? Just wondering. Look at it as building muscle, when you work it out it tears/breaks down and comes back bigger and stronger (if you eat right that is)..Think About It

[quote name='theravenshave1' timestamp='1358389412' post='1314933']
Why people from baltimore think their the only ones that believes in the ravens! Im from new Orleans and i may be the biggest raven fan some of you meet!there are lots of raven fans down here! i debate battle with steeler fans everyday when im at work!im a true raven fan!
We ravens fly together as an single competitive unit; That is the source!
[/quote]

Well if your reply was in any way directed to my post ( a few posts before yours), I wasn't saying "only people in Baltimore" believe and support our Ravens. That quote was basically geared toward the press/media outside of Baltimore. Which if you are "one of the biggest Raven fans" outside of Baltimore, you should know that the Ravens hardly EVER get any love outside of Baltimore(press/media) that is.

I wasn't saying you or anyone else outside doesn't believe in the ravens, nor was I questioning your or any other Raven fans "fanhood". I just wanted to clear that up, just in case your comment was toward my post.

Put Rainey, in there if Pierce is hurt! Or Anthony Allen, I mean its not like there is a shortage of RBs in Bmore to help Double R. when needed! new england will be scared to death of anything Joe or Lil Ray do out there on the field! Anquan, Torrey and Jacoby will wear out the secondary by halftime! Oh yeah, Its Kool to run up the score Sunday! 7 TDs and a FG will be LOVELY!

It doesn't matter who is playing. Winners make solutions and losers make excuses. Go out there and bring home a trophy boys. We all know it's going to happen.

We gotta win, win, win no matter what. Lets Go!

No FGs... That's not what we wanna see. TDs all the way!

[quote name='deathonwings52' timestamp='1358390953' post='1314973']
Am I the only one with this reasoning. I keep hearing people say that the Ravens D needs to be ready for the fast paste offense that the pats are going to have and with all the snaps the D has been on the field for the past 2 weeks its going to go bad. Wondering, with all the snaps they have taken and their lungs and body working like they did for the very long game in Denver. I wonder if their stamina/cardio/fatigue has been built up to play even better? Just wondering. Look at it as building muscle, when you work it out it tears/breaks down and comes back bigger and stronger (if you eat right that is)..Think About It
[/quote]

not at all. I'm right there with you. I said this a few stories back, but playing in high altitude can actually increase the volume of your lungs and increase the rate of exercise once you return to sea-level. Lots of high endurance athletes train in high altitude for that reason. Now I've read that it usually takes a couple days, and seeing as our boys were only there for a day...I don't know how much of a positive effect it will have, but I actually think they will be more conditioned.