Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavenMadness

Billboard in NE

55 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127411/article/billboard-counts-down-ray-lewis-retirement-party?campaign=Twitter_atl

Beautiful, I love it.
Billboard for Ray's Retirement?
It's gonna be on the Ravens' billboard, that's for sure. Along with all the experts already picking who's winning in the Patriots-49ers superbowl.

I am sure we will use it as "bulletin board material" just as much as they will use BA's remarks for theres. And that amount is Zero.

This is slowly becoming a rivalry, 3 post season match ups in the last 5 years and with guys like Suggs and Brady jawing, it's gonna be a good one.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1358375688' post='1314663']
And Your thoughts on the billboard?
[/quote]

I think it is typical of NE fans......

Ray will enjoy his retirement after his game in NOLA......

Who cares. Fans are fanatics. I'm actually not that offended by it. It's nothing against his character; just something to say to round up the Patriots fans.

i think it's disrespectful but im not surprised, after all it is pat fans that put the billboard up.

I think it's perfect. The Ravens will definitely part on that field while getting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. They will definitely party for Ray's last game at that stadium. The Patriot fans are more then welcome to stick around and join in the celebration.

Hypocrites. Can't stand them.

It is an innocent jab.

We had our construction workers put up flashing signs that said "No means No" when Big Ben came into town in 2010. Don't make this a "class" thing, it's fanatics having fun.

If Brady was retiring, we would have the same billboard up but it would be sponsored by Midol or Kleenex.

[quote name='Ravensfan23' timestamp='1358377489' post='1314695']
I think it's perfect. The Ravens will definitely part on that field while getting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. They will definitely party for Ray's last game at that stadium. The Patriot fans are more then welcome to stick around and join in the celebration.
[/quote]

I think its nice of them to throw a party and give such a gracious gift as a trip to the Super Bowl.

Denver also threw a wonderful party for Ray as well. They made sure to let us know it would be Ray's last game in Denver and they threw a party with a wonderful gift.

Weren't the Pats crying about BA's comments as the "most disrepespectful" thing ever said towards their organization? Too funny.

Lol, I don't care about this. This is a non-story. I'm not at all offended. But then again that's me.

But it would have been smarter to not have the time coincide with the START of the game but the END of the game. It doesn't make sense for him to retire before the game.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1358377669' post='1314701']
Weren't the Pats crying about BA's comments as the "most disrepespectful" thing ever said towards their organization? Too funny.
[/quote]

Well what a Player says or does is different than what a fan puts up as a billboard...

They think we are going to lose?
If we lose, and I say [b]if[/b], let's knock Brady out of the game or pound the crap out of him so he cannot play in the Super Bowl. Brady pouts a lot anyway, so let's whip his behind in a victory instead.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1358378167' post='1314710']
Well what a Player says or does is different than what a fan puts up as a billboard...
[/quote]

That's true.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358377618' post='1314699']
I think its nice of them to throw a party and give such a gracious gift as a trip to the Super Bowl.

Denver also threw a wonderful party for Ray as well. They made sure to let us know it would be Ray's last game in Denver and they threw a party with a wonderful gift.
[/quote]

yeah, I actually think those guys are scared to death to see the Ravens coming back to play their Pats. They know they got away with one last year and 2 of the last 3 times the Ravens have come to their house, it was poor mistakes by Ravens players that gave the Patriots a win.

Clayton's drop on 4th down, Evans TD drop and Cundiff's missed FG. This Ravens team won't make those mistakes. So let the party begin. I'm sure there will be plenty of Ravens fans there as well.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1358377853' post='1314704']
Lol, I don't care about this. This is a non-story. I'm not at all offended. But then again that's me.

But it would have been smarter to not have the time coincide with the START of the game but the END of the game. It doesn't make sense for him to retire before the game.
[/quote]

I think the idea is that the game in itself is the Pats way of giving him a party.

Can we set it on fire if we win?
[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1358377669' post='1314701']
[/quote]
If they care that mucj bout a 3rd string LBs opinion, than I don't know what to say.
But this.... Oh.................................
They got something else coming.....

[quote name='RavenMadness' timestamp='1358375115' post='1314646']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127411/article/billboard-counts-down-ray-lewis-retirement-party?campaign=Twitter_atl"]http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl[/url]
[/quote]

Shouldn't that say 18 days?

This is a PR move by Clear Channel. They currently have this billboard in Baltimore:

[img]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/attachments/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum/4943d1358380519-boston-billboard-counting-down-ray-lewis-retirement-baltimorebillboard.jpg[/img]

[quote name='awfc_8' timestamp='1358381335' post='1314782']
This is a PR move by Clear Channel. They currently have this billboard in Baltimore:

[img]http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/attachments/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum/4943d1358380519-boston-billboard-counting-down-ray-lewis-retirement-baltimorebillboard.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
NO! DO NOT LOWER OURSELVES DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. NO!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/media]

Show we are the more classy fanbase

What has this got to with fanbases?

This is a company trying to create some free publicity, and judging by the NFL.com article its working.

The one in Boston has nothing to do with Pats fans and the one in Baltimore has nothing to do with Ravens fans.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/hunter89/484659_516349991739267_16961638_n_zpsdc0fdbba.jpg[/img] Just like Terrell Suggs said: Good thing we have each other huh Ravens' Nation?

#FOCUSED in other words : believe!

[quote name='awfc_8' timestamp='1358381335' post='1314782']

[/quote]

I used to work for Clear Channel in Baltimore as an intern, I'm not surprised at all by this stunt.

[quote name='awfc_8' timestamp='1358382008' post='1314792']
What has this got to with fanbases?

This is a company trying to create some free publicity, and judging by the NFL.com article its working.

The one in Boston has nothing to do with Pats fans and the one in Baltimore has nothing to do with Ravens fans.
[/quote]
yup, trying to get into our heads is what they're trying to do, that's all it is

So they want to give Ray a party because they won't see him again after we win Sunday.
Thanks patsy fans! You're the best!

well how nice of them to throw Ray a party !!!
A count down and every thing !!!!!!!!!! That is real cool of them to throw him a party like that.
I mean I guess they have to do it two weeks in advance wile he is in town since he will be in New Orleans for the official retirement party.

:)