Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Riding Joe Flacco In Playoffs

69 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco has put up bigger numbers than Tom Brady in their last three meetings.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Riding-Joe-Flacco-In-Playoffs/5a794c8a-3c1d-4b0c-8693-c870280a96ec]View the full article[/url]

Flacco, it is time. Get our general and the original raven to the Super Bowl. We will not miss this opportunity

Posted by Hardhitters on 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM in News

I'm an admitted Joe critic sometimes but I think this will be his best playoffs yet. I just think enough happened through the season that he really have that edge as we call "fire" now.

I'm calling for the offense to dominate and allow the defense to stay balanced.

Flacco is the general now. The silent one.
Happy Birthday Flacco! Lead us to AFC Championship.

I believe Joe's time has come. What more could you ask for in establishing a legacy???? Beating both mannings, Romo, winning in Pitt AGAIN, beating Brady (hopefully twice after Sunday), and then leading your team to the SB and raising the Lombardi. He would have to be respected!!!! Who else has run that kind of gauntlet????

Flacco is more like the commander and chief, the generals remains on defense. Suggs, Reed & Ngata, even though Ray said Flacco is the general. Offensive generals are Rice & Boldin.

Win it all.........Ravens

Joes hasnt been the problem when we play the Patriots...its been the defense that has let us down when we have lost. Joe has scored enough points but the defense has allowed the Patriots to score more.

Joe will deliver as he has each time we play the Pats, I'm more concerned about our ST. We can't be giving away points this weekend.

We will win this Sunday I just know it

Not too many people are mentioning the fact that Cam Cameron is gone now. Who has not noticed a change in the Ravens Offense since this change? I think Flacco has had a chance to shine. Remember audables are overrated according to Cam.

Hey Ryan, The Ravens Riding Joe Flacco Into The Future! Keep a decent Defense and some weapons on Offense and Bmore will have at least 4 SBs!

still in awe how we blew out a team in the playoffs in their house when our QB throws 4-10 for 34 yards. I look at that game then i look at the past few years in the playoffs and i see how much he's grown since then.

[quote name='billsbirds' timestamp='1358373187' post='1314599']
Someone please answer this question, I keep reading how Denver didn't cover the "Hail Mary" from Flacco to Jones very well and it was a "Desperate" pass that the coverage was blown, if anyone was watching the game wasn't it a called play ? I thought a hail mary was thrown to a spot full of receivers & defenders with a hope of catching or getting a def.pass interference call... I do not believe that was a hale mary !! It was a called "GO" route for Jacoby Jones and he did slow in the middle of the run to draw the safety in watch the replay ......
[/quote]

Hail Mary just sounds better to the talking heads. That's their way of coming to terms of how the Ravens could possibly beat the Broncos.

In reality, as you said, it was a called play. 4 Verts. What I don't like about all the breakdowns of the play, is that nobody gives Flacco, Pitta, Jones and Caldwell their just do. They always say Moore miss played the ball, which isn't accurate. He misplayed the route.

Imo you have to identify the situation to truly be able to break down the play. It was a 3rd and 3, so Flacco and the Ravens didn't have to be desperate. Both Flacco and Jones said they both noticed Moore cheating on Pitta a bit too much, and that is where the play started to develop.

On 3rd downs, Pitta and Boldin are Flacco's go to guys. With it being 3rd and 3, no timeouts, imo, Moore saw it best to focus on Pitta knowing Flacco loves to give him opportunities on 3rd downs. Also with no timeouts, Moore stopping Pitta in bounds would have put even more pressure on the Ravens. At the snap of the ball, Flacco stares down Pitta, and Moore bites.

Another thing that makes this play, is Joe's willingness to even attempt this throw. Watching that play, Pitta comes open at about the 50 yardline and at this point, Moore stops his feet. I strongly feel most QBs would have took the completion to Pitta as a "chuck play" and attempted to stop the clock. I think Moore had the same thought, however, when Joe saw Moore flat footed, he stepped up into the pocket, located Jones, and gave him a chance with a beauty ball.

Yes Moore should have been deeper then the deepest and Wider then the widest, However if he does play it that way, Pitta comes open at the 50 and probably gets out of bounds with about 40 seconds left. So it's not like Flacco HAD TO attempt that throw. That play was made because of who Joe is as a QB. I don't think anyone has shown that with their break down of the play.

The other amazing thing about the completion to Jones was the fact that he slowed down before accelerating to the spot where the F-Bomb dropped into his hands. Destiny.

Joe has been shining brightly in this year's playoffs: it was only a matter of time. After the game in KC and then the attempted comeback (TJ's drop on 4th and 19) in 2010, most of us could see him starting to become a clutch quarterback.

Jim Caldwell has trusted the run, as shown in the game against Denver. Even getting two or three yards on 1st and 2nd can be a difference for the opposing defense to respect the run and allow the play-action plays to open up.

The defense has been playing inspired, even if we're still short-handed with no Jameel or Lardarius. Sizzle, Kuger, Corey Graham and Ellerbe have been stepping up and making plays left and right.

All in all, we're riding not just Joe's amazing run this year in the playoffs, but the motivation and the grit that has been carrying us all year. It hasn't been pretty, but we're firing on full cylinders now and ready to beat the Patriots this time.

Ravensfan23,

Right on. Jones did a masterful job of freezing Moore and then when both defenders were slowed, he kind of snuck away from them just far enough that they would underplay the throw. All the while Joe was throwing to a spot and Jacoby played it perfectly. That was NOT a Hail Mary play!

Joe Flacoo's only 5 NFL years old, his legacy hasn't even been written yet, when his NFL career is over then he'll be like Moses coming down from the mountains holding 2 tablet with his legacies written in stones, I've never saw a man so poise, so calm, so unbelievably relax you can't even tell what he's thinking, I've never even seen him criticizes his teammates for a bad play, series after series is a new game to him, we are so blessed to have a guy like him coming in and a person like RAY LEWIS going out

I say, in all due respect to Joe's own abilities, he's channeled his INNER-UNITAS!

Just play within yourself, Joe E-Lite,... your reason for inconsistent play was fired before the first Broncos game!

This game is just a speed-bump to bigger things!!!

Play for Ray, Play for Art,... Play for your teammates!

I cant wait till sunday i just have a good feeling about this game have had one all through playoffs the time is now to make a statement and for all the flacco bashers two words kyle boller u member him u want that kind of qb back on sunday we shock the world!

run with the ball flacco on your rollouts and pick up yards and the pats d will have to respect that and you will burn them deep by doing so. i believe in you big guy.

I always refer to stats, cause they often tell the picture. This case is no different, and just looking at Joe's playoff performances, it's easy to see....as he goes, we go. He has put together some really solid games, and that is what we needed, and he will probably have to play another good, not great, but a mistake-free, turnover free game, and I'm pretty sure we go to the big show. Joe sounds like he is really committed to getting revenge for last year.....Be the general, and lead this team.

Keep up the GREAT wok Joe. Recently, thank you for not continuing to stay in the pocket for eternity ! We may need your mobility abit this Sunday. Hint-hint :)
ROLL PURPLE TIDE...GO RAVENS !

I don't eat flesh of any kind. So I can't eat Crow. But Joe, you proved me wrong in the two last games. So you're gonna have to except me eating Morning Star Soy Bergers instead.

Here's to you Joe.

Nuff Respect bro. Nuff Respect...

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1358373138' post='1314597']
Joes hasnt been the problem when we play the Patriots...its been the defense that has let us down when we have lost. Joe has scored enough points but the defense has allowed the Patriots to score more.
[/quote]Actually, if you look at the numbers, Brady doesn't do so well against our defense. Last year in the championship game our defense totally shut down Tom Brady and kept us in that game. Even when Joe threw that pick in the 4th qtr our defense came back and picked off Brady the very next play to give Flacco a 2nd chance to win the game. So our defense hasn't been the problem at all.