57 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,541 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Joe Flacco has put up bigger numbers than Tom Brady in their last three meetings.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hope to see the trend continue. And if it becomes a battle of the backs, I'll take Rice and Pierce.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 17 January 2013 - 07:31 AM.
Smack talk removed

#3 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Flacco, it is time. Get our general and the original raven to the Super Bowl. We will not miss this opportunity

#4 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Posted by Hardhitters on 03 January 2013 - 07:13 PM in News

I'm an admitted Joe critic sometimes but I think this will be his best playoffs yet. I just think enough happened through the season that he really have that edge as we call "fire" now.

I'm calling for the offense to dominate and allow the defense to stay balanced.

#5 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Flacco is the general now. The silent one.
Happy Birthday Flacco! Lead us to AFC Championship.

#6 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I believe Joe's time has come. What more could you ask for in establishing a legacy???? Beating both mannings, Romo, winning in Pitt AGAIN, beating Brady (hopefully twice after Sunday), and then leading your team to the SB and raising the Lombardi. He would have to be respected!!!! Who else has run that kind of gauntlet????

#7 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Flacco is more like the commander and chief, the generals remains on defense. Suggs, Reed & Ngata, even though Ray said Flacco is the general. Offensive generals are Rice & Boldin.

Win it all.........Ravens

Edited by Hardhitters, 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#8 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

It is time...to hunt.

#9 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lets go Joe you got this lead the Ravens to the promise land baby

#10 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Joes hasnt been the problem when we play the Patriots...its been the defense that has let us down when we have lost. Joe has scored enough points but the defense has allowed the Patriots to score more.

#11 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

The man is hot and he is going to prove a lot of people wrong and i cannot wait will you be there to see history SUNDAY?

#12 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Where would we be without Joe people? Now where are we going with him? what time is it? GAMETIME

#13 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Joe will deliver as he has each time we play the Pats, I'm more concerned about our ST. We can't be giving away points this weekend.

We will win this Sunday I just know it

#14 ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Not too many people are mentioning the fact that Cam Cameron is gone now. Who has not noticed a change in the Ravens Offense since this change? I think Flacco has had a chance to shine. Remember audables are overrated according to Cam.

#15 ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I think Cameron was holding our Offense back the last few years.

#16 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hey Ryan, The Ravens Riding Joe Flacco Into The Future! Keep a decent Defense and some weapons on Offense and Bmore will have at least 4 SBs!

#17 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

still in awe how we blew out a team in the playoffs in their house when our QB throws 4-10 for 34 yards. I look at that game then i look at the past few years in the playoffs and i see how much he's grown since then.

#18 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Someone please answer this question, I keep reading how Denver didn't cover the "Hail Mary" from Flacco to Jones very well and it was a "Desperate" pass that the coverage was blown, if anyone was watching the game wasn't it a called play ? I thought a hail mary was thrown to a spot full of receivers & defenders with a hope of catching or getting a def.pass interference call... I do not believe that was a hale mary !! It was a called "GO" route for Jacoby Jones and he did slow in the middle of the run to draw the safety in watch the replay ......

Hail Mary just sounds better to the talking heads. That's their way of coming to terms of how the Ravens could possibly beat the Broncos.

In reality, as you said, it was a called play. 4 Verts. What I don't like about all the breakdowns of the play, is that nobody gives Flacco, Pitta, Jones and Caldwell their just do. They always say Moore miss played the ball, which isn't accurate. He misplayed the route.

Imo you have to identify the situation to truly be able to break down the play. It was a 3rd and 3, so Flacco and the Ravens didn't have to be desperate. Both Flacco and Jones said they both noticed Moore cheating on Pitta a bit too much, and that is where the play started to develop.

On 3rd downs, Pitta and Boldin are Flacco's go to guys. With it being 3rd and 3, no timeouts, imo, Moore saw it best to focus on Pitta knowing Flacco loves to give him opportunities on 3rd downs. Also with no timeouts, Moore stopping Pitta in bounds would have put even more pressure on the Ravens. At the snap of the ball, Flacco stares down Pitta, and Moore bites.

Another thing that makes this play, is Joe's willingness to even attempt this throw. Watching that play, Pitta comes open at about the 50 yardline and at this point, Moore stops his feet. I strongly feel most QBs would have took the completion to Pitta as a "chuck play" and attempted to stop the clock. I think Moore had the same thought, however, when Joe saw Moore flat footed, he stepped up into the pocket, located Jones, and gave him a chance with a beauty ball.

Yes Moore should have been deeper then the deepest and Wider then the widest, However if he does play it that way, Pitta comes open at the 50 and probably gets out of bounds with about 40 seconds left. So it's not like Flacco HAD TO attempt that throw. That play was made because of who Joe is as a QB. I don't think anyone has shown that with their break down of the play.

mj5v69.jpg

#19 Yellow_Flag

Yellow_Flag

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

The other amazing thing about the completion to Jones was the fact that he slowed down before accelerating to the spot where the F-Bomb dropped into his hands. Destiny.

#20 Adamame

Adamame

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Joe has been shining brightly in this year's playoffs: it was only a matter of time. After the game in KC and then the attempted comeback (TJ's drop on 4th and 19) in 2010, most of us could see him starting to become a clutch quarterback.

Jim Caldwell has trusted the run, as shown in the game against Denver. Even getting two or three yards on 1st and 2nd can be a difference for the opposing defense to respect the run and allow the play-action plays to open up.

The defense has been playing inspired, even if we're still short-handed with no Jameel or Lardarius. Sizzle, Kuger, Corey Graham and Ellerbe have been stepping up and making plays left and right.

All in all, we're riding not just Joe's amazing run this year in the playoffs, but the motivation and the grit that has been carrying us all year. It hasn't been pretty, but we're firing on full cylinders now and ready to beat the Patriots this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users