5 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I'm sorry for asking this if redundant, but how do I set my profile so that I will get all posts on one page? Is this possible? I've seen the drop down and it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks
Braven

My Ravens Blog:

smithbraven550_zps33a982b6.jpg

@chrisbraven

#2 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Are you asking about New Posts? If so click on "View New Content" right top and look to the left side to apply the filters/time frame you want.
68f2a8.jpg

#3 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think you mean viewing all the posts in a thread at once? Right now its 20 posts per page. You want to change that number to, say, 100? I just looked and couldn't figure it out.

#4 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,181 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I think you mean viewing all the posts in a thread at once? Right now its 20 posts per page. You want to change that number to, say, 100? I just looked and couldn't figure it out.

Wouldn't we or Admin 3 be the only ones to have the power to do that? I'll be honest 20 posts a page is nice but it could stand to be increased but not 100. That would slow things up if we tried to fit every post on one page especially if it is a big 100+ page thread. I would say 30-40 posts per page wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by Moderator 6, 16 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.
took out Admin 3's name

#5 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wouldn't we or Admin 3 be the only ones to have the power to do that? I'll be honest 20 posts a page is nice but it could stand to be increased but not 100. That would slow things up if we tried to fit every post on one page especially if it is a big 100+ page thread. I would say 30-40 posts per page wouldn't be too bad.

True, we wouldn't want it for everyone. However I know some message boards have the option to be per user. So you could view 40 posts per page, Mod 2 would do 10 posts per page, chrisbraven would be 100 posts per page. Personally I like 20 posts per page and I'll keep it there for myself if given the option.

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,181 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

True, we wouldn't want it for everyone. However I know some message boards have the option to be per user. So you could view 40 posts per page, Mod 2 would do 10 posts per page, chrisbraven would be 100 posts per page. Personally I like 20 posts per page and I'll keep it there for myself if given the option.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Give the option for each user to select how many posts appear on a page. A lot of sites do that now a days where you can choose up to how many items you want to view on a single page and if each user had a button where they could choose how many posts they see, then that would be one way to solve it. For people like you who want to keep it at 20, you can, while another could do 10, 15, 30, 50, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users