48 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

The Ravens beat the Patriots, 31-30, in Week 3. What's changed since then?

View the full article

#2 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I hate the Pats!

#3 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Again, with having Suggs back this time it will be totally different defense that plays against them. Who do they double team, Suggs? Kruger? Ngata? Jones? Upshaw? McPhee? I think Pees has done a great job late in the season having the right guys on the field at the right time AND choosing the right times to unleash them all to HUNT as well!!!!

#4 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

If Graham can limit Welker, Ravens are in business.

#5 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Defensive Rankings...Remember Ray said it's not where you are now, it's where you end at the end of the season...

1 Seattle - OUT
2 Vikings - OUT
3 Texans - OUT
4 49ers
5 Redskins - OUT
6 Ravens
7 Bengals - OUT
8 Pats
12 ATL

#6 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

If we limit Welker, along with keeping the backs i check in the run and pass game, we will have a good chance. We need to get pressure on Brady. If we can force them into 3 and longs, we will have a good shot. This is the time we need our Defense to play the best they have all year.

#7 StrongSideRavens

StrongSideRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Lets be realistic. The Patriots have a 29th ranked secondary so schematically, this is a win for our passing game, ask Champ Bailey. We don't necessarily have the strongest secondary unit and Tom Brady is bound to put up chunk yards on us but we do have a relentless pass rush that haunts Brady, ask Bernard Pollard. it comes down to who wants it more, who's better prepared for 60 minutes of football offensively, defensively, and SPECIAL TEAMS for gods sake. I don't fear the Patriots I fear that we defeat ourselves.

#8 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

One of the biggest improvement that may show up as a game changer is Bryant McKinnie! He is in shape and playing great ball at LT.

The biggest surprise to Tom "not-all-that-Terrific" Brady will be the ball-hawking Corey Graham shutting down much of Welker's damage!

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

i know the entire patriots team was hoping pollard would not be playing .I know its not deliberate but wow he has a thing for there players. I say ball out and lets do this . 5 years we have been building twoards this goal and this year all kinds of weird things are happening.

#10 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

The Pats are going to get their yards; I don't doubt that. However, they have to pay the price for each yard. Brady needs to be pressured by the front 4, because as we know, Brady picks up blitzes very well.

On the offensive side; the run must be established and the linebackers must be exposed in coverage with our two tight ends. Keep Brady off of the field.

Flacco - KEEP IT GOING!!!

GO RAVENS!!

#11 Woodhead

Woodhead

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Too many offense weapons for NE. They are no longer a one dimensional offense(pass only) and have a great running game with Ridley and Vereen...the last time the Patriots had a ground game and passing game was Corey Dillon...and we all what happened then SUPER BOWL!

Patriots 31 Ravens 24

#12 kevraves

kevraves

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

i hope they don't get us with the bogus calls...helmet to helmet hits, when its clear that guys are leading with the shoulder its just a coincidence that the players helmets touch...its the receivers natural tendency to brace for the hit.

#13 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

I hate the Pats!

Satan's team. :)

Edited by metalraven, 16 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#14 ciro

ciro

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

when i heard that ray was retiring, i told everyone i knew that the ravens are winning the Super Bowl. Its the return of the MEAN RAVENS! Ngata, Ellerbie brushing by double coverage to stop the run.Lewis Kruger and Suggs smacking Brady around while Graham and Reed clean up the tipped passes. Smith, Boldin and Pitta having a field day. Lastly getting the chance to see Jones do the macarena, the shuffle and the funky chicken. I've written all that and I havent mentioned crushers Pollard or Lewis. lol this will be soooo good.

#15 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Too many offense weapons for NE. They are no longer a one dimensional offense(pass only) and have a great running game with Ridley and Vereen...the last time the Patriots had a ground game and passing game was Corey Dillon...and we all what happened then SUPER BOWL!

Patriots 31 Ravens 24

Thanks for at least having us cover the spread. But as you can see, few people here agree with this outcome.

Edited by Berkeley_Raven, 16 January 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#16 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Patriots 31 Ravens 24

The only thing you got right with your post is your name. Your head is obviously made of wood to think that score is even going to happen Sunday.

Ravens 31
Pats 17

P.S. remember the T-Sizzle quote regarding Big Bens Butt, you can insert Brady's name after this game

#17 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Any chance Jimmy can rotate with Cary? (if and only if cary is doing really bad?)

Not sure what condition Jimmy is at. But I'd like to see if he can replicate the performance he had like last year

#18 BmoreSage

BmoreSage

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think we're going to have our hands full defensively if we can't get pressure on Brady. He's much faster getting the ball out than Manning, has a stronger rocket, and more nimble receivers.

I predict Cary Williams will has a terrible game in coverage; he's just not as good as some people would like to believe. He's more disciplined now, sure, but he has a long way to go. I hope he proves me wrong.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for at least having us cover the spread. But as you can see, few people here agree with this outcome.

As you can see by his name; he's either Danny Woodhead or your typical, over confident Pats' fan. I'll go with the latter.

But apparently he didn't learn from the over confidence of the Broncos fans.

These are two incredibly good teams, so predicting the outcome is kind of silly. But here's to hoping he's wrong!!!

GO RAVENS!!!

#20 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Brady said we talk a lot alot for only beating them once in 9 years. Well make that twice now Tom. Peyton had an even better record against us and not even he was as arrogant to say something like that. Past is the past and this is by far the most well rounded team we've ever put on the field...yes, even special teams deserves a mulligan. Last week was a fluke, not the norm. That bein said, I'm tired of worryin about the Patriots. They've done nothing against the Ravens these past few years to warrant any sense of dread. So I'm a sit back confident in a victory and let (them) worry for a change! Ahhhh, feels good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users