The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

http://slumz.boxden....l-team-1869901/
http://bleacherrepor...-every-nfl-team

Top 5:
Cincinnati Bengals: $55.1M - A Playoff Contender with money to burn. They probably going to try to extend as many of their players they can.
Cleveland Browns: $48.9M - They're probably going to start spending unless they want to continue being the doormat of AFC North.
Miami Dolphins: $46.8M - They're probably going to spend to surround Tannehill with as weapons and protections as they can
Indianapolis Colts: $46M - Pagano is going to be happy that his team got some money to build his defense the way he wants.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $31.1M - They were big players in last years' free agency and will be again because the NFC South is a power struggle and they need to get as many talents as they can.

Bottom 5:
New York Giants: -$4.7M - The Giants went through a hangover this year and having a tight cap doesn't help cure that much.
Pittsburgh Steelers: -$10.8M - All this could be gone by cutting James Harrison and other aging veterans, which represents a message that the Steelers are in a rebuilding phase.
Carolina Panthers: -$11.8M - Remember couple years ago, the Panthers went on a spending spree. Well according to their recent records, it did not go well and have to eat the losses,
New Orleans Saints: -$14.7M - The Saints are in salary cap Hell and have to find ways to keep their team together.
NY Jets: -$19.4M - Wonder why the Jets still looking for a GM? Look no further to their cap space and the ridiculous amount of money that they gave Mark Sanchez.

Just seeing the bottom teams, it shows that investing all that money to win a Super Bowl could put a toll on the future. I'm glad Ozzie and the front office is smart to make moves to keep the franchise competitive now and later on.

#2 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Saints can thank Drew Brees and his greed for that. Was so intent on being the highest paid qb despite most his numbers are inflated from running up the score.

Browns are in the best position it's just no FA wants to go there. They have to make good on their draft picks and sign them to long term deals. They have a bright future with Weeden Gordon and Richardson.

2yno6dx.png

#3 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

WOW. Didn't know the Bengals have that much.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#4 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, and this year they have to spend money according to the CBA. No more Mr. Cheapskate owner. They will probably give a lot of money to players already on their roster though since they have a lot of talent.

@gabefergy

#5 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yea there's a floor, something like 90 percent of the 120 mil or something. People say Michael Johnson will hit free agency for the bengals. But if I'm their owner I'd rather throw money at someone on my squad that I know what I'm going to get rather than big money free agents.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

15.1 is pretty good, am I right? I know it's not bad.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

That and the Browns in a similar situation are meaning the AFC North is going to be very competitive again, maybe with Cleveland having a few more wins. That's bad for us. But at least the Steelers are slipping some. However, they have a very smart front office who will find ways to get talent just like Ozzie, so don't count on them falling too much.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#8 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I really think the Browns could be a powerhouse in a few years. It really depends on their HC. I think they have two very good coordinators. They need a QB, though; I don't trust Weeden. Not too many big-armed QBs out there. Lol, maybe they take Tebow. Or Sanchez.

#9 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I really think the Browns could be a powerhouse in a few years. It really depends on their HC. I think they have two very good coordinators. They need a QB, though; I don't trust Weeden. Not too many big-armed QBs out there. Lol, maybe they take Tebow. Or Sanchez.

I think Weeden could be serviceable with good protection. We will know in the next two years though (giving him 1 year for all the adjustments he will have to make)

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I think Weeden could be serviceable with good protection. We will know in the next two years though (giving him 1 year for all the adjustments he will have to make)

How is Weeden's arm? See, Weeden seems more of a WCO kind of player. I don't think the Air Coryell Norv Turner runs is suited for him. Who knows, maybe. I just don't see it. They have a lot of nice pieces. They may make a play for a big FA WR, too. Perhaps they go after Bowe.

They already have a nice defense. Perhaps they need some secondary work. But for that they could take Cary Williams.

#11 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

How is Weeden's arm? See, Weeden seems more of a WCO kind of player. I don't think the Air Coryell Norv Turner runs is suited for him. Who knows, maybe. I just don't see it. They have a lot of nice pieces. They may make a play for a big FA WR, too. Perhaps they go after Bowe.

They already have a nice defense. Perhaps they need some secondary work. But for that they could take Cary Williams.

Wasn't he the minor league baseball player that was throwing in the mid 90s off the bump?

If that's the case his arm strength probably isnt an issue lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users