113 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,851 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Ravens could struggle to retain key defenders. Skip defends Flacco. Jim praises John.

View the full article

#2 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hope nobody around here believes in the Sports Illustrated curse.

#3 JeezyTheSnowMan

JeezyTheSnowMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I absolutely hate when Journalist brings up the idea of losing players to Free agency while the team is still in the Playoffs. Find something else to write about, Geez!

#4 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Mayor Michael Hancock strained his quad....suurreeeee.

Big thanks to the writers on baltimoreravens.com. I look forward to reading the LFW page every weekday morning.

#5 Purple_Polo89

Purple_Polo89

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I wish us nothing but the best heading into this weekends game. We have had nothing but hate thrown our way the entire season. Flacco cant get it done and how the defense is too old. Well guess what talking heads on espn... get ready to eat raven cause after sunday you'll know how feels to look stupid when we go into NE take on a cocky pats team that doesn't even get excited for games like this anymore and ray gets to do his dance in NO.

#6 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I said last week that they were talking a short week for the Ravens and I commented it seemed like the longest ever. But I was wrong, THIS WEEK IS !

#7 creigle

creigle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I agree with Jeezy. This is not the time to think about that. There is nothing that can be done at this moment. What can be done is beating the Patriots.

#8 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

As long as they keep Kruger and possibly ele this team should be solid. They are in dire need of pass rushers.

#9 RavensInNC

RavensInNC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Gutsy move that payed off:
1. Keeping Justin tucker and getting rid of Cundiff
2. Promoting Caldwell and removing Cam Cameron mid season

I think John Harbaugh will be around town for a while :)

#10 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

With Corey stepping up I think Cary can walk. Dannell and Paul on the other hand would be harder to replace. Hopefully we can keep at least one of these guys...

#11 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Cam would never have called the game Caldwell called on Saturday. Joe would have taken a knee after the punt return for TD. I can't wait to see what's in store for Sunday.

#12 iamDLEErious

iamDLEErious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Nothing to do with the article but that Thanks Ray video at the bottom of this page choked me up. 31 years old and i'm crying like a baby at my desk at work.... Thanks Ray for real!

#13 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I really hope the team leaves the Art Modell patches on their uniforms. If it wasnt for him we would never have had a Ray Lewis or a Ravens Nation.

#14 ravenmaniac4life

ravenmaniac4life

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

With Ray retiring, and, who knows, maybe Ed Reed too, that should loosen up some cap money for those 3 guys. I think if the team were able to negotiate with Flacco directly they'd probably have a deal made already. Joe seems like a reasonable guy. He'd probably understand that the Ravens can only afford so much, and the money would certainly be better than he probably ever expected a few years ago. The problem is Linta. The guy doesn't have any other noteworthy clients, that I know of, and therefore, he's going to bleed the Ravens for every last penny he can get. That's obvious by the way he's always talked about Flacco. He was calling him a top 5 QB even before this season began, and now, with Joe having post-season success, he'll be tightening his grip. He doesn't care about the best interests of the Baltimore Ravens, which, in the long run, are in Flacco's best interests, only what his cut of a big new contract will be.

#15 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Great video. Brought tears to my eyes. Really gonna miss #52.

#16 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Btw, If our team does win the SB expect the following players to retire: Birk, Reed, Lewis (obviously) and possibly Boldin.

If the Raves don't make it, well Birk & Lewis will def retire. Reed will either retire or be on the Colts next year.

#17 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

JOE MONEY. You just keep showing everyone what you are capable of Joe. We all know what you can do. This is the best ive seen the offense play. EVER. Getting rid of Cam is the best deision we've made all year. Clearly Joe is a different QB with Jim calling plays. Lets take this dangerous offense to Foxborough and Punch our ticket to New Orleans Baby!! GO JOE! GO RAVENS

#18 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

As much as i love Ellerbe - he always has injury issues i want to keep him but lets make a deal ya know hometown discount
Kruger has had 1 good year and now wants to get paid
Williams - said no and work his butt off he has earned his money.

but with lewis retiring :( we have to keep ellerbe and kruger

good luck Ozzy and Decosta

#19 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

The Ravens basically made the decision to part ways with Kruger when they drafted Upshaw last year. We can't have three starters at OLB, so unless they get Courtney to bulk up and play DE, Kruger will have to be allowed to go. Unless the Ravens think Upshaw is somehow a bust (I highly doubt that, he's played well for a rookie), they can't justify having three starters at that position.

#20 flipper14

flipper14

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

The rejoicing over Cam Cameron getting fired gets a little old. He was an excellent coordinator in San Diego. He provided stability and structure to a very young offense here. John is right in that he pushed the passing game, which exposed himself to criticism, He did so while still utilizing Ray Rice enough for him to make three Pro Bowls. I think after a while Cam's voice got stale and a change was needed but the vitriol directed at him is over the top. While apparently stubborn, he certainly seems like a quality person as evidenced what he did for Jamie Costello. He also should be given credit for Joe's development. Maybe someone else needed to get him over the top but maybe with a different coordinator Joe flops altogether. This week is the first common opponent that both Jim and Cam have faced. The Ravens put up 31 points and more than 500 yards last time. With all of the unrelenting Cam bashers I guess we should expect 40 points and 600 yards on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users