63 replies to this topic

#61 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I wish sometimes we could go back to some old threads and review.

I remember having to defend Harbs a couple months ago with people asking 'What exactly does Harbs do?', etc. This just goes to show you have to be patient. The team and many fans have been patient with Joe, patient with Harbs, patient with Pees, patient with Cams (that backfired). It pays off a lot better than firing people and bringing in FAs.
Posted Image

#62 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

He took a step this year. I think last year is when yiu really started to notice a change. He seems to have a better oukse of the team since last year and seems to have opened up a little more. Maybe cause the younger guys have matured too now but it seems like hes really starting to hit his coaching stride.

Rumor is that Caldwell twisted Johnny's arm regarding Mckinnie.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#63 adam713

adam713

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think we can all agree that above all, John Harbaugh values loyalty and hard work. He fought for Cam Cameron for several years because of their close relationship. He decided this year to keep Michael Oher over Bryant McKinnie because of McKinnie's conditioning issues and the fact that Oher is one of the hardest working guys out there. But it takes a great coach when to recognize that your biggest strengths are sometimes your biggest weaknesses. He had the courage to fire Cam right at the end of the regular season, and he had the courage to insert Bryant McKinnie in at left tackle after not having started him for a single game this season, and both of those decisions were so critical in what we've seen these past 3 weeks. I just want to say that I'm very grateful to have had Harbs as our coach these last 5 years, and I believe this year he's done some major growing and will only get better with time.

Well said, and John deserves a TON of credit for what he's done with this team since taking over in 2008. But, firing Cam was most likely a Bisciotti move and the Oline was most likely a Caldwell/Front Office/Harbaugh move. Just goes to show that Bisciotti is argueably the best owner in the NFL. For him to pass over Rex Ryan because he knew he wouldn't be a good head coach is a major major decision. As fans, we're lucky to have such an amazing management team at the helm, which makes us competitive every single year.

Edited by adam713, 21 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#64 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'll admit in the heat of games I've criticized Harbs, but at the end of the day, he's come through. I don't know any other team in the league that can point to game after game EVERY season since Harbs took over that has literally come down to the last play of the game to win or lose. The overwhelming majority of our losses have been just those types of games. Now that's competitive! Everything mentioned above is right on, and I'm thankful he's the HC of the Ravens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users