Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Offensive Line At Its Best This Year

82 posts in this topic

The Ravens offensive line only gave up one sack to the Broncos last week.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Offensive-Line-At-Its-Best-This-Year/895e091c-9d8e-4e0c-b32b-32d1bb2a0f50]View the full article[/url]

The last few weeks the offensive line have bee playing lights out and i believe that is one of the reasons we are going to beat the Patriots.Not counting out the new guys on the defense too. from a scale of one to ten i give this team a 9.

We haven't come this far to lose again to baby Brady, leave it all on the field this weekend and be victorious!

the line has looked awesome the past 3 games. i guess it doesnt matter that we screwed around with the lineup all season, because at least we found the formula when it mattered. i hope they can put together 2 more great games. if they do, we can take the title.

if they can handle big wilfork on the line I dont think theres anyone else on the pats with real pass rush ability unless they blitz but blocking 75 will be key this sunday

Birk...you've got to contain Vince!! If Joe's protection continues, he has a good shot a lighting it up!

Getting the ground game going is key, and the Pats run D has looked pretty freaking good as of late.

Wilfork is easily baited and trapped when the offense threatens pass from a one back 3 wideout, 1 TE formation. McKinnie definitely benefited from not playing earlier in the year. Big "O" rookie beast at left guard has shown our O-line can protect Joe "elite" and give Ray&Bernard lanes to run through. With Leach leading the way the RAY-vens can control the ball and keep Tom terrific on the bench. Jim Caldwell seems to have the right schemes for the team on the field. I hope they are not too tired from having 87 plays against the # 3 defense in the league with that mile high 2 degree wind chill air.TIRED?? RAY? SIZZLE? PAUL? PERNELL? HALOTI? JONES? UPSHAW? ELLERBE? heh-heh

On the highlights the play by play guy says "joe can eat a sandwhich back there " that says it all .

Funny how things work out. We were fussing that Big Mac should have been at LT all year, especially after Joe's strip sacks, however the poor performance led to the dismissal of Cam. What would you rather have now?

[quote name='axisofeeble' timestamp='1358286426' post='1313393']
Wilfork is easily baited and trapped when the offense threatens pass from a one back 3 wideout, 1 TE formation. McKinnie definitely benefited from not playing earlier in the year. Big "O" rookie beast at left guard has shown our O-line can protect Joe "elite" and give Ray&Bernard lanes to run through. With Leach leading the way the RAY-vens can control the ball and keep Tom terrific on the bench. Jim Caldwell seems to have the right schemes for the team on the field. I hope they are not too tired from having 87 plays against the # 3 defense in the league with that mile high 2 degree wind chill air.TIRED?? RAY? SIZZLE? PAUL? PERNELL? HALOTI? JONES? UPSHAW? ELLERBE? heh-heh
[/quote]

Our boys are just getting started

Any count on the number of holding calls in the last 2 weeks? I can't remember back to Indy, but I don't recall any from last week.

If any at all, I'm sure it hasn't been more than 1 per game

[quote name='axisofeeble' timestamp='1358286426' post='1313393']
[/quote]

Our offense did not have 87 plays against denver defense. Denver offense had 87 plays against our defense

Anyway, you mentioned the secret weapon - PERNELL. He gets in on those fumbles. If we can just get him and Upshaw to come up big, big like bigger than what they've done all year, pack your bags for 'nawlins!

Whatever went on earlier in the season doesnt matter. What matters is we are here and the team is hot and peaking at the right time. They look great, almost unstoppable.

The RAY-vens did have 87 offensive plays too. I'm almost sure of that but time of possession was in Bronco's favor. 5th quarter was dsominated by RAY-vens offense.

Is it just me or does it look like we played our most difficult game of the playoffs last Saturday? I have this feeling that New England is going to be a much easier game. First of all, the Patriots don't have a pass rush anywhere as good as Denver's; Brady and Manning are equal (a wash there), the Broncos have better receivers with the exception of Hernandez at tight end who is better than Tamme, their O lines, and running backs are a toss up... I just think the Ravens will find Tom Brady a year older, and the Patriots that struggled in wins against several teams including the Jaguars will show up and lose at home. Next bus stop-- New Orleans.

People have been saying all year fix the "O" line keep Joe on his feet and we win. Well guess what Joe has been protected and what happens -- WE WIN.

How elite did manning look on his butt, how MVPish being chased making bad decisions and giving us the ball back. It starts with the "O" and the"D" line. Harbaugh needs to rethink his dog house.

The only negative I saw like Cam, Caldwell is much to predictable. He doesn't call a good game. Thank goodness Joe is getting protection and all these guys are jelling.

The ravens are the best team in the NFL. I don't care what the pundits say and don't care what their point spread is, blah, blah. We are going to the big dance...

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1358286763' post='1313402']
Funny how things work out. We were fussing that Big Mac should have been at LT all year, especially after Joe's strip sacks, however the poor performance led to the dismissal of Cam. What would you rather have now?
[/quote]

Been saying McKinnie should have been playing since the preseason. The way I see it he could have made the difference in 3 of our losses and the Patriots would be coming to Baltimore. But I guess this is the next best thing.

[quote name='roamingcharges' timestamp='1358288166' post='1313445']
Is it just me or does it look like we played our most difficult game of the playoffs last Saturday? I have this feeling that New England is going to be a much easier game. First of all, the Patriots don't have a pass rush anywhere as good as Denver's; Brady and Manning are equal (a wash there), the Broncos have better receivers with the exception of Hernandez at tight end who is better than Tamme, their O lines, and running backs are a toss up... I just think the Ravens will find Tom Brady a year older, and the Patriots that struggled in wins against several teams including the Jaguars will show up and lose at home. Next bus stop-- New Orleans.
[/quote]

I hope that was our most difficult game. No doubt, the Pats D isn't as good on paper as the Broncos D. Still, they can play inspired ball and give us trouble at times. They're better than they were last year and they still gave us trouble through the early part of the game.

I don't think Brady and the Manning we saw playing in 9 degree weather last week - are equal. I think there was a level of discomfort for Manning last week that shows that he is still relatively new to the team and definitely new to the home conditions in January. Brady is more comfortable at his decade long home. He just scares the heck out of me.

But here's the real difference that concerns me. John Fox vs. Bill Belichick. I don't know if Fox is as bad as everyone wants to claim he is after that defeat, but Belichick is as good as everyone says he is. He's the evil genius. I expect to see him stroking a cat on the sidelines. He, like Brady, scares the heck out of me.

You may be right and I pray you are. But I am afraid I'm going to be taking gas all the way until the clock says zero.

One big difference this year, I hope at least, is that Caldwell/Flacco will move the pocket to neutralize Wilfork and Co. There are ways to accomplish this and it seems Cam never quite got that. I also hold Harbaugh accountable for putting up w/it for so long. Anyway, they've finally gone in that direction w/the playcalling and it seems to be an improvement. One thing you can be sure of, Birk cannot and will not block Wilfork one on one. Not many can. Probably none, at least not w/any consistency.

Everything happens for a reason,with that said,I believe leaving Big Mac on the bench until the playoffs was brilliant.He has fresh legs and a fresh back.He is dominating on the left side.Without the season of rest he may not be as dominating in the playoffs as he has been. Would love the Ravens to Bring him back next year if we have the cap space,and Big Mac is willing.

KO beside McKINNIE is in my opinion better then Grubbs !
THis OL is as good as I have seen it in years..
Having Leach as Joe's personal protector is also very nice...
but I love the way the line has played since McKINNIE was insterted into the lineup

and ohh yea... I have to give credit where credit is due....but CALDWELL seems to be making a difference. Ray is getting his touches... we are committed to running the ball and still taking our chances down field... just now we are setting it up...

Bolding -Pitta -Rice and Dickson are working the underneath and when those safeties cheat up.... Jacoby and Torrey are making them pay for it!

Great job CALDWELL and Co.

Marshal Yanda and the Boyz! Please no "Hey Diddle Diddle" Matts, hands will be Full! Wait for the second half and the O Line will just do anything it pleases! Unless of course Rice breaks one to the House! Lol!

Lets go Ravens!
I'm traveling all the way from Windsor, Canada to watch the Ravens demolish the Patriots in Tom Bradys House!

I wouldn't say "this year". It's just recently. The OLine cost us plenty of drives through stupid penalties. To be honest, they are not even that great. They just stopped being horrible. The pocket still shrinks with very little room to move in (just compare it to Peytons or Bradys pocket with all that leg room), but luckily Joe is showing off that underrated mobility of his, which helps out our guys up front. We still need to address the Oline in the next draft though.

Oher needs to stay at right tackle and a left tackle needs to be drafted or signe in free agency if we decide to part ways with Mckinnie