81 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,804 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

The Ravens offensive line only gave up one sack to the Broncos last week.

View the full article

#2 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

The last few weeks the offensive line have bee playing lights out and i believe that is one of the reasons we are going to beat the Patriots.Not counting out the new guys on the defense too. from a scale of one to ten i give this team a 9.

#3 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

We haven't come this far to lose again to baby Brady, leave it all on the field this weekend and be victorious!

#4 designermaryland

designermaryland

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

the line has looked awesome the past 3 games. i guess it doesnt matter that we screwed around with the lineup all season, because at least we found the formula when it mattered. i hope they can put together 2 more great games. if they do, we can take the title.

#5 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Very very in-pressed with the O-line now. Way to go you'll. Push and keep pushin!

#6 ravemane

ravemane

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

if they can handle big wilfork on the line I dont think theres anyone else on the pats with real pass rush ability unless they blitz but blocking 75 will be key this sunday

#7 slim36

slim36

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

press the receivers so Brady can't throw screens &short intermediate routes . & watch out for play action .

#8 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Birk...you've got to contain Vince!! If Joe's protection continues, he has a good shot a lighting it up!

Getting the ground game going is key, and the Pats run D has looked pretty freaking good as of late.

#9 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Wilfork is easily baited and trapped when the offense threatens pass from a one back 3 wideout, 1 TE formation. McKinnie definitely benefited from not playing earlier in the year. Big "O" rookie beast at left guard has shown our O-line can protect Joe "elite" and give Ray&Bernard lanes to run through. With Leach leading the way the RAY-vens can control the ball and keep Tom terrific on the bench. Jim Caldwell seems to have the right schemes for the team on the field. I hope they are not too tired from having 87 plays against the # 3 defense in the league with that mile high 2 degree wind chill air.TIRED?? RAY? SIZZLE? PAUL? PERNELL? HALOTI? JONES? UPSHAW? ELLERBE? heh-heh

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

On the highlights the play by play guy says "joe can eat a sandwhich back there " that says it all .

Edited by llwillow1231, 15 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#11 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Funny how things work out. We were fussing that Big Mac should have been at LT all year, especially after Joe's strip sacks, however the poor performance led to the dismissal of Cam. What would you rather have now?

#12 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Wilfork is easily baited and trapped when the offense threatens pass from a one back 3 wideout, 1 TE formation. McKinnie definitely benefited from not playing earlier in the year. Big "O" rookie beast at left guard has shown our O-line can protect Joe "elite" and give Ray&Bernard lanes to run through. With Leach leading the way the RAY-vens can control the ball and keep Tom terrific on the bench. Jim Caldwell seems to have the right schemes for the team on the field. I hope they are not too tired from having 87 plays against the # 3 defense in the league with that mile high 2 degree wind chill air.TIRED?? RAY? SIZZLE? PAUL? PERNELL? HALOTI? JONES? UPSHAW? ELLERBE? heh-heh

Our boys are just getting started

#13 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Any count on the number of holding calls in the last 2 weeks? I can't remember back to Indy, but I don't recall any from last week.

If any at all, I'm sure it hasn't been more than 1 per game

#14 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Our offense did not have 87 plays against denver defense. Denver offense had 87 plays against our defense

Anyway, you mentioned the secret weapon - PERNELL. He gets in on those fumbles. If we can just get him and Upshaw to come up big, big like bigger than what they've done all year, pack your bags for 'nawlins!

#15 missing person

missing person

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Whatever went on earlier in the season doesnt matter. What matters is we are here and the team is hot and peaking at the right time. They look great, almost unstoppable.

#16 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Everything is at it's best thus far. At just the right time.

#17 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

The RAY-vens did have 87 offensive plays too. I'm almost sure of that but time of possession was in Bronco's favor. 5th quarter was dsominated by RAY-vens offense.

#18 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Is it just me or does it look like we played our most difficult game of the playoffs last Saturday? I have this feeling that New England is going to be a much easier game. First of all, the Patriots don't have a pass rush anywhere as good as Denver's; Brady and Manning are equal (a wash there), the Broncos have better receivers with the exception of Hernandez at tight end who is better than Tamme, their O lines, and running backs are a toss up... I just think the Ravens will find Tom Brady a year older, and the Patriots that struggled in wins against several teams including the Jaguars will show up and lose at home. Next bus stop-- New Orleans.

#19 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

People have been saying all year fix the "O" line keep Joe on his feet and we win. Well guess what Joe has been protected and what happens -- WE WIN.

How elite did manning look on his butt, how MVPish being chased making bad decisions and giving us the ball back. It starts with the "O" and the"D" line. Harbaugh needs to rethink his dog house.

The only negative I saw like Cam, Caldwell is much to predictable. He doesn't call a good game. Thank goodness Joe is getting protection and all these guys are jelling.

The ravens are the best team in the NFL. I don't care what the pundits say and don't care what their point spread is, blah, blah. We are going to the big dance...

#20 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Funny how things work out. We were fussing that Big Mac should have been at LT all year, especially after Joe's strip sacks, however the poor performance led to the dismissal of Cam. What would you rather have now?

Been saying McKinnie should have been playing since the preseason. The way I see it he could have made the difference in 3 of our losses and the Patriots would be coming to Baltimore. But I guess this is the next best thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users