Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Poll: What To Name Jacoby’s Touchdown?

284 posts in this topic

Jacoby Jones' 70-yard, game-tying touchdown will forever live in Ravens’ lore.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Poll-What-To-Name-Jacoby’s-Touchdown/00f00be5-48fd-4728-920b-37b1105fcddb]View the full article[/url]

Invictus - that play was a team act. The line held, the other receivers kept their defenders, Flacco threw it and Jacoby caught it... Sounds like some Unconquerable Souls to me.

Vote for Joe

http://www.nfl.com/performance/2012/REG/19?module=HP11_content_stream

All I know is this has been the most emotional playoff I've ever been a part of. The most emotional season. Between Ray retiring, Torrey still playing after his brother's death, the expectations after last year's debacle, the firing of Cam, and Art dying...This has been one roller coaster of a season.

"Miracle" just seems too lucky.
While we may have been a little lucky, the pass was to an open reciever and not a "Hail Mary".
How about the Hail Jacoby?

[quote name='KidNme' timestamp='1358280978' post='1313227']
"Miracle" just seems too lucky.
While we may have been a little lucky, the pass was to an open reciever and not a "Hail Mary".
How about the Hail Jacoby?
[/quote]

It was a mix between luck and a bad play. If that play happened 10 times over it would probably never have worked.

Take At!Go Ravens!!!!!!!! I came up with this name because nobody gave us a shot against the Broncos, so we proved and show the doubter's wrong on at play and proved the doubter's wrong in the game in its entiring. I not just talking about the doubter's not giving us a chance before the game,but I saw a stat on the drive alone, not on the Jacoby Jones's touchdown, but the drive that the Broncos have a 97% chance of winning before at touchdown!So, I came up with Take At1Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!1

@KidNme.. Dont worry I positived every one of the sore losers votes. ^_^ youre welcome denver lol.. n Mile High Miracle fits, it really does. or in their case (Denver) The Mile High Nightmare? lol

@Purple&Black

And,... it all started with the news of Suggs Achilles' injury!

This year forged the Ravens and the Nation into PURPLE STEEL !!!

Log onto this and remember last years Ray Lewis locker room speech when we lost in the AFC Championship game. This is our destiny this year. This will be the only way to ever get over that loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfx8VkSf20&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

He said "Let's go back to work and make sure we finish it next time"

Next time is here! Let's get this!

It definitely should be caller: Free Agent Receiver Redemption
We were so close to a triple peat: Housmansada>Evans>Jones

names for plays have to be a spur of them moment thing. Like "Hey diddle diddle, Rice up the middle". It will never stick if we need to have a contest for it.
And KidNme is right about it not being a Hail Mary. It was calulated and when Joe seen it was working put it up to a specific spot.

There's no name for it because there's no words for it. No name will stick. It's just "that moment".