25 replies to this topic

#1 VA_Fan

VA_Fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Thought this was pretty funny to read. Guy makes some good points though.

http://www.patspulpi...altimore-ravens

#2 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Stopped reading after double cover Boldin and Talib will handle Smith.

Good luck with that. Might want to let them know about Pitta and Dickson.......

"“All of a sudden, and I had not officially met Ray yet, I feel this presence over my shoulder and this voice: ‘Ray Rice, this is Ray Lewis. I love the way you play. But, you should pull your pants up.’”

Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"We got the better Harbaugh!" Sherry Huggler

"Finally"

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

#3 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

In his first argument he says to put Talib on Smith with McCourty coming over to help prevent his speed from torching them. Then he says to Double and bracket Boldin. Be funny to see 4 defenders being used to prevent 2 receivers from touching the ball. I like it, go for it!

#4 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

In his first argument he says to put Talib on Smith with McCourty coming over to help prevent his speed from torching them. Then he says to Double and bracket Boldin. Be funny to see 4 defenders being used to prevent 2 receivers from touching the ball. I like it, go for it!

You've never heard of that before!? I could have sworn more people knew about the new fangled defensive scheme where you have 15 people out there so all options are double covered.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#5 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

He has a point on what they need to look out for but there are no givens in football and games aren't won and lost on paper.

#6 VA_Fan

VA_Fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I didn't say he was a genious or anything. LOL But some of those ideas do have merit. I just thought it was pretty funny myself.

#7 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

You've never heard of that before!? I could have sworn more people knew about the new fangled defensive scheme where you have 15 people out there so all options are double covered.

If Bill could find a way to have 15 men on the field he would do it.

#8 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

If Bill could find a way to have 15 men on the field he would do it.

They're called the referees ;)
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#9 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I didn't say he was a genious or anything. LOL But some of those ideas do have merit. I just thought it was pretty funny myself.

He lost credibility in my eyes when he said our defense was old. I'm so sick and tired of that overused and incorrect observation.

#10 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well hell what have we been doing all year??? And to think our secondary could have had all that help. :)

#11 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well hell what have we been doing all year??? And to think our secondary could have had all that help. :)

HAHA I mean, he's right. All our weapons should be double covered but that's the beauty of it. Somebody is going to be one-on-one.

Double the outside recieivers? Go to the TEs.
Stack the box to stop the run game? Air it out.
Devote safety help to stop Pitta and Dickson? Go to Jacoby and Torrey DEEP.

Joe should be eager to get out there and show his stuff.

#12 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

We saw a lot of it against Denver... Torrey and JJ wide and Boldin and Pitta in the slots. That's our best group and what we should be using most of the time IMO. Hard to cover 2 speedsters outside and Boldin getting a free release.

#13 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Didn't they forget Rice ran 83yd TD against their pillow defense on 2009?

Joe will dump off to Rice and let him work his way to the endzone.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#14 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Lost in all of this is that we've beaten this team twice and been very competitive with them in every single game while running the Cam-fense. And now we have a lot more variety in the offensive gameplan with Caldwell running things.

#15 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

this guy needs two defenses for his defensive scheme to work not sure thats going to work . lol but the first part was funny.

#16 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Good luck with that, Torrey Smith has made Devin McCourty his B#$@ ever since his rookie year.

#17 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Cool.

Then we shall Rice and Pierce to death. (Unless the Pats cheat and use 13 guys on the field or something like that....)

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#18 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

He lost credibility in my eyes when he said our defense was old. I'm so sick and tired of that overused and incorrect observation.

He (and other critics) are right in saying that our D is relatively old. Ray, Ed, Ngata, Suggs aren't getting any younger (or healthier)...

HOWEVER - what they overlook or fail to recognise, is that they are attributing age to diminished play. IS our defense as dominant as before? No. But they're certainly not playing as bad as they have been in the middle stretch of the season.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#19 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Let them sleep on us! I am fine with it

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#20 Balmorefoosball

Balmorefoosball

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

HAHAHA

Did anyone read all the way through then read the Pat fans comment that attributed all the Ravens success to Belichick?

Now THAT is entertaining!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users