81 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Ray Lewis saw a different look in Joe Flacco's eyes. But Torrey Smith said he was 'blank.'

View the full article

#2 ravensfanin tx

ravensfanin tx

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Watching the replay last night, and when 11 took the opening kickoff in the 2nd half to the house, they cut to Joe. I thought I had seen him smile on Saturday during the actual broadcast...so I needed to double check that image. Lo and behold, as they cut to the Ravens sideline, there was Joe, smiling.
It was like - ok, do what you do.
But you aint flustering me, and you aint gonna win

Edited by Grapple Raven, 15 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.
Profanity

#3 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

ya i saw that too, i was like man this guy is unflappable and totally confident.

#4 da#1ravensfan

da#1ravensfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Joe was smiling when we were down in the game like he knew he was going to win anyway.

#5 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Joe shows fire when he wants to, but I am with Torrey, I'd rather see his blank face under pressure. After all, he is "Joe Cool"!!!

#6 RavenSwag

RavenSwag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

That showed me he's always calm no matter what the other team does because we're gonna put up points on the board and our defense is BALLIN!!!!

#7 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

This is the year of Joe! All the adversity he has faced from all over including from fans ( I began to doubt him too during the skid), he has risen like the phoenix! If he can win the next game and take us to the SB, he will have legitimately earned the status of being elite! I think here in Baltimore, he must already be considered 'semi-elite', because without his heroics, we stand no chance of winning at Denver - none at all!

If he does the same thing next week and puts together a string of 3 games where he is the sole reason we win, and in doing so slay the likes of Manning and Brady, it is over! People then will start scoffing at people who question whether Joe Flacco is elite!!!!!!!!!!! Go Joe and Go Ravens!

#8 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little angry when they cued in on Joe laughin after the 2nd half kickoff return. Joe's humble & confident, love it!

#9 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,344 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

At one point it looked like he was singing or humming to himself -- whatever works to stay loose and warm.
68f2a8.jpg

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Joe showed a ton of emotion on saturday and at the games he does. I have seen him throw his helmet throw gatorade cups smile laugh chest bump etc. On the field it would be bizarre to see him laugh etc...You could tell that he was confident and he was determined thats why you need in a qb.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM.
Veiled profanity

#11 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Im still amazed by that throw to JJ, just amazing!!

#12 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I think its funny how everyone want Joe to be a certain way, when are we gonna realize Joe is Joe. Hes Joe Flacco the Franchise QB and the soon to be SB winning QB for our Baltimore Ravens.

#13 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Keep up the good work, Flacco. You will be the difference maker in New England. By the way, how much more comfortable does Joe look now that Caldwell is calling plays?

#14 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

I enjoy the Joe Face. His calm demeanor can throw off opposing defenses when they realize they can't rattle him. Joe gets it done. Eight more quarters until glory!

#15 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

I remember about a month ago, we all wanted Joe out of here, but i think the best trait about Joe, is that when he plays bad, or makes a mistake, he puts it behind him. That is what makes QB's great. You have to forget about the last throw, or the last game, and focus on what is ahead. It's good that he doesn't show emotion in a way, cause if he acted angry or yelled at people, then that could bring the whole team down. It's better to just let it take care of itself. Flacco has everything you want from a QB, and i think confidence is his best trait. He's good, and he knows it.

#16 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Joe is my qb i think no other qb will get that bomb like joe did it Go Ravens5 days more to go

#17 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

i never doubted joe cool for one minute ever since he was drafted, i knew the problem was CAM when he was here, and pass protection, and look at the O-line and new wrinkles that caldwell brought to the offense vs. then, no qb can have any success without protection and time to pass. what i liked about joe now he's now moving around in pocket to avoid pressure and buy more time to throw the ball, which back then was usually a sack, when cam was around

#18 DaKidd

DaKidd

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

no one wanted to get rid of joe flacco an if they did there crazy theres no other qb to do wat he has done in the playoffs alone an remember this is all in the first 4 or five years hes played for us consistant back to back afc chapionchips GOOOO JOEEEE!!!!

#19 EmpireState_Blackbird42

EmpireState_Blackbird42

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Lol smh man, I thought I was on to something

#20 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members