Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: The Joe Face

89 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis saw a different look in Joe Flacco's eyes. But Torrey Smith said he was 'blank.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-The-Joe-Face/612ee830-f804-4940-884a-930ae57d2a0d]View the full article[/url]

Watching the replay last night, and when 11 took the opening kickoff in the 2nd half to the house, they cut to Joe. I thought I had seen him smile on Saturday during the actual broadcast...so I needed to double check that image. Lo and behold, as they cut to the Ravens sideline, there was Joe, smiling.
It was like - ok, do what you do.
But you aint flustering me, and you aint gonna win

Joe shows fire when he wants to, but I am with Torrey, I'd rather see his blank face under pressure. After all, he is "Joe Cool"!!!

That showed me he's always calm no matter what the other team does because we're gonna put up points on the board and our defense is BALLIN!!!!

This is the year of Joe! All the adversity he has faced from all over including from fans ( I began to doubt him too during the skid), he has risen like the phoenix! If he can win the next game and take us to the SB, he will have legitimately earned the status of being elite! I think here in Baltimore, he must already be considered 'semi-elite', because without his heroics, we stand no chance of winning at Denver - none at all!

If he does the same thing next week and puts together a string of 3 games where he is the sole reason we win, and in doing so slay the likes of Manning and Brady, it is over! People then will start scoffing at people who question whether Joe Flacco is elite!!!!!!!!!!! Go Joe and Go Ravens!

At one point it looked like he was singing or humming to himself -- whatever works to stay loose and warm.

Joe showed a ton of emotion on saturday and at the games he does. I have seen him throw his helmet throw gatorade cups smile laugh chest bump etc. On the field it would be bizarre to see him laugh etc...You could tell that he was confident and he was determined thats why you need in a qb.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 15, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

lol I say whenever Joe throws a bomb, we should call them F bombs. F for Flacco obviously, just a thought.

I think its funny how everyone want Joe to be a certain way, when are we gonna realize Joe is Joe. Hes Joe Flacco the Franchise QB and the soon to be SB winning QB for our Baltimore Ravens.

Keep up the good work, Flacco. You will be the difference maker in New England. By the way, how much more comfortable does Joe look now that Caldwell is calling plays?

I enjoy the Joe Face. His calm demeanor can throw off opposing defenses when they realize they can't rattle him. Joe gets it done. Eight more quarters until glory!

@EmpireState - lmao! Seriously, funniest comment today. We will definitely have to call them F(lacco)-bombs.

I remember about a month ago, we all wanted Joe out of here, but i think the best trait about Joe, is that when he plays bad, or makes a mistake, he puts it behind him. That is what makes QB's great. You have to forget about the last throw, or the last game, and focus on what is ahead. It's good that he doesn't show emotion in a way, cause if he acted angry or yelled at people, then that could bring the whole team down. It's better to just let it take care of itself. Flacco has everything you want from a QB, and i think confidence is his best trait. He's good, and he knows it.

i never doubted joe cool for one minute ever since he was drafted, i knew the problem was CAM when he was here, and pass protection, and look at the O-line and new wrinkles that caldwell brought to the offense vs. then, no qb can have any success without protection and time to pass. what i liked about joe now he's now moving around in pocket to avoid pressure and buy more time to throw the ball, which back then was usually a sack, when cam was around

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 15, 2013 - Profanity · Report post

[quote name='EmpireState_Blackbird42' timestamp='1358273967' post='1313079']
lol I say whenever Joe throws a bomb, we should call them F bombs. F for Flacco obviously, just a thought.
[/quote]

lol

Early on in 2011 and 12 some of us were already calling them F-Bombs,... we just usually said, "There he goes again, with them Cam F Bombs", just not so endearing!

Now, Caldwell has him more relaxed and looking more confident - you can see it in his face, I think!

no one wanted to get rid of joe flacco an if they did there crazy theres no other qb to do wat he has done in the playoffs alone an remember this is all in the first 4 or five years hes played for us consistant back to back afc chapionchips GOOOO JOEEEE!!!!

I have always thought Joe is cool the way he is. Just glad Caldwell seems to think the same thing, and if Ray thinks Flacco is cool who are we to disagree.

Did these people not see joe jumping up and down when ray lewis made his last intro at m&t. he show emotion after he throws touchdown passes. was that not emotion after he threw the 70 yard touchdown in denver? i seen him running down the field celebrating.

Make no mistake... I know of at least a half dozen posters on this board who were strongly advocating for Tyrod Taylor to be our 2013 starting QB.

So I'll give them a chance to defend themselves now, as long as they answer me this one question...

How, precisely, does Tyrod Taylor lead the Ravens on a 70 yard TD drive to tie the game with 1 minute left?

I just want to know how people think Tyrod would exactly get that done.

Let's try not to put him on a pedestal now. I just don't think that does him any good and he's doing just fine being viewed by everyone as the guy who can't beat the golden boys. Let him be, then we can throw rose petals at his feet during the Super Bowl victory parade!