Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: Ravens Offense Can Hang With The Best

72 posts in this topic

There have been detours and crashes, but Ravens offense has arrived.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Ravens-Offense-Can-Hang-With-The-Best-/6d6b2ff0-5e69-400d-bac4-80352be4afd4]View the full article[/url]

We need to appreciate what we have done this season... not look at the "detours". Just this seson alone Joe has beaten Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisburger, and Philip Rivers.....

WE CAN DO THIS!

Joe Flacco has the highest playoff QBR. Higher then Rodgers, higher then Brady, higher then Ryan. Yeah, I think it's save to say we are doing well on offense.

the onus is on Flacco and the offense to deliver strikes, make plays and outscore whatever the defense allows.

^ get it done Joe!

~Mili

I love the long ball, just not at the expense of Rice and the running game. So thank Cam for that but I am glad the awkward play calling at inappropriate times is gone.

I also think McKinnie has had a huge ripple effect along the line and he personally is playing with a lot of intensity. Maybe he is our secret weapon, maybe he has fresh legs and is doing this for Ray, or maybe he is just a gamer but I am sure glad he is out there now.

Respect #5!!!!!! Thank you WR's, for making plays! Thats what makes your QB the Qb can maybe lose a game for you but all any QB's NEED help by his WR's to make plays. But Joe has always been like this, his receivers FINALLY showed up WITH him. and thats a elite formula. KEEP it up WR'S.

I remember theres a nick name for Mr. Pollard in New England..... Get ready Tommy... haaaa

Kudos to Yanda for pushing Rice for that first down. That was awesome and I was smiling after that play in spite of being close to embarrassing myself.

Not to mention that Flacco is moving around the pocket well and getting rid of the ball soon.
That's also a reason for the fewer # of sacks.

Flacco is the key for the Ravens to move forward. They go as far as Flacco takes them, that's the reason why Ray Lewis handed him the keys.

NE isn't going to be a push over but how can you not think we have this one too?
To beat Lady Brady to get to the SB and then to possibly play the 49'rs, how can you not be "UP" for these next 2 games?
Great year to be a Ravens fan!

OT in Denver, back up in our own endzone at the 5, Caldwell run the ball twice to pick up 3-4 yards. Then Flacco threw a bullet to Pitta, and we were on the 30th yard line. Punt away to Denver 10~

Backed up in our own endzone in Houston, Cam urged Flacco to throw. Coverage excellent, Flacco sacked in the endzone, SAFETY.

Big difference in playcall.

Also Harbaugh has to do a better job at Foxborough this time. He didn't know which down it was at the end and didn't take a timeout before the kick. I hope the coaches are well prepared for this game.

@Tatiraven..Now I agree with you that Caldwell is a better play caller than Cam. But lets be serious here. Though Saturday was an excellent game. Caldwell called way too many runs on first down. Now I agree we have to get Rice and our run game going to open up the pass, and keep defenses honest. But Caldwell called running plays on almost every single first down throughout the game. It was predictable. And when the game was getting tight and we were down a score, I'm sorry but a 3 yard run here and there is not gonna cut it. Joe should of taken a few more strikes on first down. Though I'm gonna keep faith in Caldwell, because he sure is much better than the OC we had before. Just gotta watch out on not being too predictable. That was Cam's problem.

[quote name='RavensInNC' timestamp='1358270293' post='1313001']
Timing of Offense coming alive and Cam Cameron being fired, coincidence???
[/quote]

Agreed!

Did you note that we were more consistent on Offense even if missed/dropped passes caused 3-and-Outs! The main thing is the game calling was crisp and imaginative, i.e. skinny post/seam to Pitta from the 3 yard line, couple of crossing patterns for 1st downs,.... beautiful to see!

Let's see what we bring to Foxboro Sunday!

No need to protect Cameron. He plainly held this unit back. Caldwell has done wonders and Joe Flacco is finally showing the potential, consistently, that we've all known he has. He has the ability to be a top-5 QB and with Caldwell he's proving that. Caldwell needs to be OC next year. It's actually fun to watch the offense again.

[quote name='The Mom Gene' timestamp='1358266819' post='1312920']
We need to appreciate what we have done this season... not look at the "detours". Just this seson alone Joe has beaten Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisburger, and Philip Rivers.....

WE CAN DO THIS!
[/quote]

Love the enthusiasm, but:

We did not play Ben this year. Joe beat Leftwich and lost to Batch. But he did beat Ben twice last year. That monkey's dead and buried! Now to get another 'W' over Brady!

[quote name='RavensInNC' timestamp='1358270293' post='1313001']
Timing of Offense coming alive and Cam Cameron being fired, coincidence???
[/quote]

I think not.

I didn't think Cam was a bad coach because he did help develop our young talent, but it was just his play calling that was terrible in which he didn't play to players strengths and he didn't stick with the no-huddle which stalled the offense.

Can someone remind me of the guy who wrote that horrible story on retiring Lewis as a loser in Denver. He works for the Denver Post.. I want to know his name. Does anyone remember??

Thanks.

What a difference this offense looks now. Us Ravens fans can't complain with the way the team is looking as a whole. Good job fellas and bring the AFC crown back to Bmore

@Shaky End of the Quarter

Mark Kiszla

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22323422/mark-kiszla-ravens-aim-different-result-vs-broncos

We have to protect Flacco again this week, if we protect him we will have a very good chance at winning this game. I also hope we can get some pass rush on Brady, when you can hit him, his plays goes down hill. If we can hold them to 20 or under, we have a great chance at winning this game, but that will be very tough. We have to play one of our best games if we want to win, just like last week.