Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BaltimoreBean

Colored Hats

8 posts in this topic

I know I posted this in another thread but hadn't gotten a response.

Does anyone have any idea what is up with the colored hats the coaches wear some games. Red, green, and yellow I believe. I've also noticed in previous Behind the Bench videos that the coaches swap colors throughout the game. For example, Teryll Austin will be wearing a Red hat in the first quarter, then a green hat in the second.
It's not every game though.

[quote name='BaltimoreBean' timestamp='1358220250' post='1312514']
I know I posted this in another thread but hadn't gotten a response.

Does anyone have any idea what is up with the colored hats the coaches wear some games. Red, green, and yellow I believe. I've also noticed in previous Behind the Bench videos that the coaches swap colors throughout the game. For example, Teryll Austin will be wearing a Red hat in the first quarter, then a green hat in the second.
It's not every game though.
[/quote]

Yeah I believe I brought this up in the week 3 NE game. I think the consensus was that they are defensive signals

Hmmm. Makes sense. I thought it was stranger that we didn't do it all games. Also it wasn't only at road games or only home games. I tried looking online everywhere for an explanation.

Thanks for the reply.

Back in week 3, I came up with the conclusion that it was for the players on the field to be able to see their respective position coaches to get any calls/substitution that were needed quickly.

This is especially useful when playing in a loud stadium with a team most likely to go with a fast paced offense.

[quote]Back in week 3, I came up with the conclusion that it was for the players on the field to be able to see their respective position coaches to get any calls/substitution that were needed quickly.[/quote]
Hi guys :) This was my first instinct also, to see the coaches better. Lets not tell the enemy,lol

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358221377' post='1312526']
Back in week 3, [u][b]I came up with the conclusion that it was for the players on the field to be able to see their respective position coaches to get any calls/substitution that were needed quickly.[/b][/u]

This is especially useful when playing in a loud stadium with a team most likely to go with a fast paced offense.
[/quote]

i've thought the same thing.

~Mili