Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravens292

Cam Cameron interviews for Jets

42 posts in this topic

[url="http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8842981/cam-cameron-interviews-new-york-jets-oc-job-sources"]http://espn.go.com/n...-oc-job-sources[/url]

Being interviewed by the jets. Hope he gets a job. Despised him here but wish him luck if he gets it.

cant say I loved the move when we brought him here but he did develop flacco to an extent until the plateau, happy to see him with another job opportunity although, it'll be interesting to see what exactly comes of this (and the QB situation overall) He never really opened the playbook to flacco, in my opinion, I always felt (even this year) something was holding flacco back..... and seeing him excel last week, really found good within me knowing that Cam could have very well been the cause of my suspicion....none the less I wish Cameron the best, just not against us...... IF he gets the job.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1358195680' post='1312043']
Does Rex WANT to get fired?
[/quote]

lol!

He's good at developing young (maybe I should say immature here) quarterbacks, but the impression that I get is that Sanchez is a guy who just doesn't work hard. We'll see, but my money is on this not working out for a number of reasons.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1358195572' post='1312038']
[url="http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8842981/cam-cameron-interviews-new-york-jets-oc-job-sources"]http://espn.go.com/n...-oc-job-sources[/url]

Being interviewed by the jets. Hope he gets a job. Despised him here but wish him if he gets it.
[/quote] They are having a hard time finding a GM...What coach in their right mind would want to step into a big pile like that??

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1358198250' post='1312114']
They are having a hard time finding a GM...What coach in their right mind would want to step into a big pile like that??
[/quote]

Exactly. I would love to throw my name in the hat to become their GM, and I would be ok with keeping Rex and Sanchez for another year but bringing in Cam would be a no no for me.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1358198377' post='1312118']
Exactly. I would love to throw my name in the hat to become their GM, and I would be ok with keeping Rex and Sanchez for another year but bringing in Cam would be a no no for me.
[/quote] Sanchez has enough problems without Cam getting into his head.

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1358198610' post='1312127']
Sanchez has enough problems without Cam getting into his head.
[/quote]
You know negative and negative can be positive....like he has Cam who can think for him and take care of him good....Sanchez likes being chained...

Come on, when you're picking a new OC you're probably looking at coaches who've all been fired for whatever reason. The O is much better without Cam here but he's not that bad.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1358199646' post='1312151']
You know negative and negative can be positive....like he has Cam who can think for him and take care of him good....Sanchez likes being chained...
[/quote] Perhaps....It worked for the Cowboys back in the Landry days.

Seriously, I feel bad for Cam if he ends up with the Jets. Its like getting that tattoo on your [profanity deleted] because the only girl who pays any attention to you asks you to get it. (Is that a good analogy?)

[quote name='hawkprey' timestamp='1358200491' post='1312175']
Come on, when you're picking a new OC you're probably looking at coaches who've all been fired for whatever reason. The O is much better without Cam here but he's not that bad.
[/quote]
His knowledge about offense is no doubt as good as anyone else, but what bad about him which will hinder his ability as OC is his inability to adjust and defend when the defense stop him and lack of knowledge about his players' abilities. He is a book smart which is good for writing books, not good on battlefield when someone's life counts on him.

However, I think Sanchez, no matter how many years he's been in the league, is still a rookie to me, so Cam may be a good fit for him.

PS: Joe may be having better Oline right now, but his awareness and mobility in the pocket with great playcalling from Caldwell help his Oline tremendously. If he is like deer in the light, no matter how good is the Oline, he will be getting sacked...

Cam is an actual legit upgrade for them over Shottenheimer and Sporano.

Thats not even debatable.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1358219312' post='1312500']
Cam is an actual legit upgrade for them over Shottenheimer and Sporano.

Thats not even debatable.
[/quote]
I think so too....Cam is good for QB like Sanchez who will never come out of a rookie phase.....

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1358222203' post='1312538']
Lmao, hahahaha. Good luck to him but this was just so predictable.
[/quote]
Much like his play calling.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1358199881' post='1312163']
Perfect fit
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree! Cam is a control freak, and Rex believes in no control at all! :P

[quote name='ghost1986' timestamp='1358228121' post='1312612']

Much like his play calling.
[/quote]
Nice. :)

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358202417' post='1312237']
Seriously, I feel bad for Cam if he ends up with the Jets. Its like getting that tattoo on your [profanity deleted] because the only girl who pays any attention to you asks you to get it. (Is that a good analogy?)
[/quote]

Apt analogy indeed! They deserve each other, though. Birds (or in this case, aerial vehicles) of a flock stick together. Greatness attracts greatness and vice versa.

I wanna say it's a shocking move, but it's the Jets. Teams like them or the Eagles ... it's like they're being run by a guy rolling dice to make decisions. Firing guys without any idea who you'll get to replace them. I couldn't stand Cam in purple and black (and looking at what the offense has looked like since he has been gone, I was probably right to feel that way) but if he wants to go up and stand on the sideline next to Rex, more power to him. I wish him luck ... just not anywhere near us.

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1358305332' post='1313768']
... And we play the Jets next year at Home I do believe right? if he got hired by them.. I wonder how our game would be like... Hmmmm
[/quote]
Well, The "Sanchize" will be asked to sling the ball around after he says that he is the best "QB" in the NFL. The jets will draft Kejon Barner and the Jets fans will be begging him to give the ball to him, but the Sanchize will throw 5 picks in the first quarter as the Ravens put up Madden Numbers as NO ONE can cover Torrey Smith

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1358195680' post='1312043']
Does Rex WANT to get fired?
[/quote]
OMG brother, that organization has crashed and burned!