Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens 9.5-Point Underdogs … Again

124 posts in this topic

The Ravens will head into the AFC championship as the underdogs against to the Patriots.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-95-Point-Underdogs-…-Again/18cdc7a3-70d9-4514-8af1-ff419e79466d]View the full article[/url]

Yes the Pats looked good last night. However, the Texans did not. At all. Though the score was close at half time, it was evident after the first quarter that the Texans just didn't have it and Brady smelled blood. The Ravens are different. They are one of the few teams that know how to shake Brady and they do it early. Yes, he's gonna put up some points on the Ravens, but he won't have that sense of security he had last week. But I love when they pundits doubt the Ravens, they always play harder.

we've been able to handle brady before. the one patriot that consistently has big games against us in vince wilfork. he's the guy on the pats that disrupts our game the most

I don't get it ,Super bowl champs, we beat them , luck young phenom hard to beat , did that , Manning G.O.A.T beat him too .so why are we still underdogs .I don't get it . matchup our teams are so similiar there isn't much difference. go ravens .

This is just like our SB year. No one thought we could do it then or now. We will prove all of the pundits wrong. Go Ravens!!!

i dont get it maybe like 4 point under dog i can see but 9.5? seriously? thats kinda ridiculous... what are the odds that we over come 2 games being under dogs by almost 10 points each? got to be low.

Us raven fans have been through the lowest of the lows unlike any other team that is left. Bottom line, we're due for a SB appearance and win.

Jacobys Td was just as good as Torrey last season against the steelers

Lets be honest, Ravens did play nearly 80 minutes of football on the road, in cold weather, now they have to travel back to Bmore and then NE, and play on the road again. Those are HARD CONDITIONS. You're telling me this is piece of cake ? Secondly, NE destroyed the Texans once again and barely even put a fight. PLus, they don't have receivers playing safeties anymore, that secondary is talented. The key is the run game, last year it was a disaster, an embarrassment, Wilfork was a nightmare.

I posted this earlier but it's more fitting here:

Vegas is going to need a federal bail out from Obama if they keep putting point spreads out like they've been doing. Where do they come up with 9.5 ?

Then again, I guess destiny isn't taken into account. :)

And what will the temp be in Foxborough? I think around 21 degrees at gametime. Flacco proves he loves the cold and a little snow. Need to flush Brady out of the pocket and Mr. Lewis to stop those runs up the middle and the team will go on to New Orleans!

3rd down and 3 with 42 seconds left in the game JJ touchdown! I love it!

I personally don't mind the disrespect from the Media. They continue to doubt our resilience all they want, we're prove them all wrong AGAIN! Last year it was similar the Patriots absolutely obliterate the Tebow led Broncos in last year's divisional round and no one gave us a chance and we SHOULD'VE beaten them that game. So this year isn't much different, the Patriots go up against pedestrian competition though the Texans have decent talent they hardly have the explosiveness we have on offense. So I don't sweat it at the end of the day the beauty of football is the game has to be played, this will be another vomit inducing gut agonizing nerve wrecking type game but I think in the end as battle tested as we've been we will rise and be victorious. I will certainly spend this week trying to emotionally prepare myself for the battle because that Denver game had my blood pressure at an all time high

I live in Vegas - check this out - $100 bet for a Ravens win gets you $320. Me and a couple of buddies are going to put that bet down for sure. The pundits can say what they want but we all know in the back of their minds they are thinking What the heck??!?!?! The Ravens?!?!? Yes - THE RAVENS!!!!

I would say the Denver game was a culmination of all the adversity we faced throughout this season and past couple years. You could essentially look at the 70 yard TD reception by Jacoby Jones as the 4th & 29 in this game. The drop by Jacoby on the 3rd down was sort of a reminder of Lee Evans dropping our superbowl in his hands I was thinking oh no the dreaded 3rd receiver curse. The point is we're extremely battle tested, We're more battle tested than any team remaining in the playoffs and that definitely showed forth. I would have this playoffs any other way

[quote name='singin1' timestamp='1358192445' post='1311928']
I live in Vegas - check this out - $100 bet for a Ravens win gets you $320. Me and a couple of buddies are going to put that bet down for sure. The pundits can say what they want but we all know in the back of their minds they are thinking What the heck??!?!?! The Ravens?!?!? Yes - THE RAVENS!!!!
[/quote]

The spreads were much better this past summer, that's when I made my bet on a Raven sb win

9.5 has such a nice ring to it. It worked so well for Vegas last week, I guess they thought they can't be wrong 2 times in a row.

Colin Cowherd is this week's Ashley Fox. We're going to get "smoked".

so the Ravens are underdogs against the patriots? really? in the words of Ray Lewis; "Here we go again! Buckle up your chin straps cause the game is played on the field not paper!"

~Mili

I hear what Torrey is saying and I agree to some extent that on the field during the game, that is not the thought process. But as Ray said in a postgame interview after this past Saturday's game "the thing I may miss the most about the game is listening to people tell you what you can't do, then going out and doing it."

I think that mindset does help in the preparation for the event and establishing that belief in yourself.

I will take that all day...10 minutes after the Pats won ESPN was stroking the "Brilliance of Brady" and predicting a trip to the Super Bowl. These talking heads never learn.

We have outplayed the Patriots the last three times we played them. I am not worried. I am not overconfident either. I just know how my team is healthy and they should walk into New England with their head held high and the confidence to know if we play our game, we can win. Then I will see all you guys in New Orleans with some Gumbo and a crab cake

I love it. I wish we were 20pt underdoggs. Cant wait to see Ashley Fox new article about "The Ravens Dont Have A Chance"

WOW when we win this game imagine how much of an underdog we will be in the Superbowl. The pointspread will be HUGE.

I just don't understand, the Ravens beat the number one seeded team, we beat the Patriots this season even when we didn't have everyone healthy, Flacco has out thrown both Manning and Brady and we are still 9.5 underdogs? If that ain't media please tell me what is?

Didn't Tebow beat Pittsburgh in Denver last year in the playoffs? Was Denver favored then like they were with Messiah Manning?. Bet the money line:::: We don't need no stink'n points. Super Bowl one for "general" Joe and two for Ray-Ray. Ed Reed gets his too................good luck RAY-vens. Cary how did you turn down 3 years for 15 million?

Why wouldn't they be underdogs in the media? The Pats are the Pats. They'll always be favored; unless it's playing the Broncos. Let them think the Ravens are underdogs. I love the underdog story.

All i have to say is.

WOW, REALLY, UNREAL.

But on the same note, i wouldn't want it any other way.
I don't bet on FOOTBALL Games but i have to find a place where i can bet.

If anyone knows a website, please message me. I was trying to do it this past game.

Vegas , you are a bunch of Idiots. And i will gladly take your money with a smile.
Thank you come again.