Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice Responds With Big Game

45 posts in this topic

Ray Rice ran 30 times for 131 yards, and set up the game-winning field goal.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Responds-With-Big-Game/10c0f1ac-a9f7-47aa-8acf-c7acdad20ec6]View the full article[/url]

He trucked the you know what out of somebody..can't remember who it was (Yes I know it was only a stiff arm...but when you put them flat on their face or flat on their back, they got TRUCKED)

its stupid that anybody ever tried to make anything out of his 7 fumbles EVER in over 1200 carries...people just like to hear themselves talk

RR is the most versatile running back in the league. He does anything that is asked of him. This is what makes him so valuable. Great game RR.

I don't remember him contributing much to the passing game - because the check-down wasn't needed much if at all. Great game for the whole offense. Hope there are two more in the tank.

Rut-Roh is not only a versatile guy, he's very smart! He doesn't put himself out there for big hits and he's strong enough to deliver a blast on his own!

So, if you still think Bernard Pierce is a better running back, go to your closest Barnes & Noble and buy "Football for Dummies"!

Watch the video!!!! Check out Marshal Yanda and his effort on this play. He is a stud!!!

Gotta give Yanda some props for pushing not only Rice, but the defenders that had stood him up, the last few yards of that 11 yard gain. That doesn't happen and Tucker very easily could have been facing a 50 yarder instead.

Hey Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle; around the edge, up the side, in the flats, BEHIND the LBs!! Hell, I don’t care where he goes as long as we keep feeding him the ball. Rice had a very productive workman-like game; that’s our style and strength. We need to get Torrey and Jacoby a fair amount of short possession receptions and allow them to generate some YAC and keep those DBs and safeties guessing. Gotta get Ray back into the passing game too and not just a dumpoff when nothing else appears to be open. Put him in the slot or on the end where a LB has to play out of position to check him and let him do his thing.

Was at mile high for this, freezing, and wow could not believe the game i witnessed. the heart the team showed inspired me

Oline played Great and ray we need another big game from you when we play the patriots! and Yanda and mckinnie man those guys made the Difference no pressure and tun lanes to run for rice man just great game overall by offense! GO Ravens!

Vegas is going to need a federal bail out from Obama if they keep putting point spreads out like they've been doing. Where do they come up with 9.5 ?

Then again, I guess destiny isn't taken into account. :)

I want to see more short passes thrown at Rice rather then simple rushes up the middle. Wilfork is a good run stopper and the Pats D will be spread out, out of respect of Joe's arm. A lot of space for Ray to run in.

His performance was also a result of patience in our play calling. We came out throwing early, but we gradually worked Rice in and stayed committed until the very end. I still hope that Pierce can return to give Rice additional help, because we're going to need the ground game even more this coming weekend.

The coldest game this season, the 4th longest game in NFL history our defence on the field for 87 snaps and we were victorious !!! Chew on that pat fans.

[quote name='BmoreB' timestamp='1358190435' post='1311843']
Vegas is going to need a federal bail out from Obama if they keep putting point spreads out like they've been doing. Where do they come up with 9.5 ?

Then again, I guess destiny isn't taken into account. :)
[/quote]

I have already placed my bets and will cash in nicely once we win..... Go ravens!

[quote name='invest' timestamp='1358189982' post='1311828']
Watch the video!!!! Check out Marshal Yanda and his effort on this play. He is a stud!!!
[/quote] Yup, took that chump LB right out of the play!!

@EddyG - most definitly, the video dind't show him push Rice and the defenders but it showed him pulling and blocking the mlb, crawling on all 4 trying to stay on his man!!!

Besides both CBS broadcasters, am I the only one who noticed the Ravens got way too predictable in the second half and overtime? Caldwell had done a great job calling plays the first 2.5 games with the starters, but it felt like Cam Cameron came back for the 2nd half and OT. Flacco was lighting up the Broncos' D, and then they started running it on pretty much every 1st down, and often on 2nd down as well, and the offense went cold. The Ravens scored 3 offensive TDs on drives where they let Flacco throw on 1st down, and only 1 when they ran it every 1st down, and that was only because of one long run that Rice broke off. Before it happened, I even said that the defense was probably going to have to make a play to win the game, because there was no way they were going to drive down the field and get into field goal range with that run, run, pass garbage. Thankfully, they got the int. The reason the Ravens had to punt 3 times in OT was because they were mostly getting just 2 or 3 yds on 1st and 2nd down, and putting Flacco in obvious passing situations on 3rd. You can get a first down or two like that, but just one incomplete pass and you're punting. Caldwell needs to mix it up like he did against the Colts, Giants, and first half against the Broncos, and not do his best Cam Cameron impression.

Don't forget about Marshall Yanda with that big push. He helped Rice get that 11 yards for the first down and the game winning field goal.

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1358188658' post='1311793']
its stupid that anybody ever tried to make anything out of his 7 fumbles EVER in over 1200 carries...people just like to hear themselves talk
[/quote]

Including those on here falling all over themselves to say Pierce was suddenly better than Rice...

[quote name='RavensBaltimore' timestamp='1358191566' post='1311886']
Besides both CBS broadcasters, am I the only one who noticed the Ravens got way too predictable in the second half and overtime? Caldwell had done a great job calling plays the first 2.5 games with the starters, but it felt like Cam Cameron came back for the 2nd half and OT. Flacco was lighting up the Broncos' D, and then they started running it on pretty much every 1st down, and often on 2nd down as well, and the offense went cold. The Ravens scored 3 offensive TDs on drives where they let Flacco throw on 1st down, and only 1 when they ran it every 1st down, and that was only because of one long run that Rice broke off. Before it happened, I even said that the defense was probably going to have to make a play to win the game, because there was no way they were going to drive down the field and get into field goal range with that run, run, pass garbage. Thankfully, they got the int. The reason the Ravens had to punt 3 times in OT was because they were mostly getting just 2 or 3 yds on 1st and 2nd down, and putting Flacco in obvious passing situations on 3rd. You can get a first down or two like that, but just one incomplete pass and you're punting. Caldwell needs to mix it up like he did against the Colts, Giants, and first half against the Broncos, and not do his best Cam Cameron impression.
[/quote]

I kind of felt like a little of that was to buy the defense some time to rest...still, I kept saying over and over, "time for a play-action pass...time for a play-action pass..."

Whatever Caldwell does in prepping the Ravens for the Patriots on Sunday, they have to come up with a run scheme that has Ray and Bernard run wide, so that Wilfork will have to chase us instead of our backs running right into his big ole gut. Run the ball sideline to sideline until he pukes and when they pull him then blast it up the middle with Pierce. That and some TE slants across the face and behind the linebackers. Dixon and Pita should have a nice game on Sunday.
Go Ravens.