Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gtown Purple

The Hail Mary/Flacco Fling

70 posts in this topic

[quote name='imamachinejerk' timestamp='1358267713' post='1312946']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vote for Joe!!! Not enough posts to start a new thread. [/font][/color][url="http://www.nfl.com/performance/2012/REG/19"]http://www.nfl.com/p...nce/2012/REG/19[/url]
[/quote]

No chance Joe wins. What Colin K did was insane!

If Peyton, Brady or another so-called "elite" QB made that play, they'd be getting all the credit. Because Flacco made the play, it's all about how bad the Broncos played it blah blah blah. The national media is a JOKE.

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1358268396' post='1312964']
If Peyton, Brady or another so-called "elite" QB made that play, they'd be getting all the credit. Because Flacco made the play, it's all about how bad the Broncos played it blah blah blah. The national media is a JOKE.
[/quote]
Ferrari, I know I'll get flamed for this but in all seriousness, look at the play from any other pespective other than that of a Ravens fan. Was the pass a "Hail Mary"?.....in keeping with the true definition of a Hail Mary, no it wasn't. Was it a nice pass? absolutely. Was it a pass that 10-15 other QB's in the league could have made?...I think so. I mean after all it wasn't like the reciever never broke stride and simply walked into the end zone. And was it a nice catch? absolutely. A fine play all the way around. But,.......especially considering the circumstances with less than a minute to play in regulation and the Ravens needing a touchdown to tie, there is no way, no how, that even the most average of d-backs in the NFL should have ever, ever, ever, let a reciever get behind him and allow that catch to be made. As nice of an offensive play as it was, It was 10 times more a horrible play and mistake by the defender.

Who really cares if it was a Hail Mary or not lol. It tied the game and left the Broncos stunned, they never recovered from that play. When they got the ball back, you could just see that there was something that they had at the beginning of the game that was no longer there after watching the Ravens come back time and time again.

It's not the first time a DB made an error in the playoffs...I live in Denver and the town has been reeling ...looking for blame...Rahim Moore is among them, but most are calling out Fox's decision to kneel with 31 seconds 2 TO's left....this is the real controversy among donk-fans....most felt they could've drove to a FG position in that time.... like Atlanta did against Seattle...

[quote name='Uncle Dready' timestamp='1358295539' post='1313605']
It's not the first time a DB made an error in the playoffs...I live in Denver and the town has been reeling ...looking for blame...Rahim Moore is among them, but most are calling out Fox's decision to kneel with 31 seconds 2 TO's left....this is the real controversy among donk-fans....most felt they could've drove to a FG position in that time.... like Atlanta did against Seattle...
[/quote]
I know this is slightly off topic but I really hope Moore gets cut or possibly traded. I would take him without second thought. He's a talented safety of whom I am fond. I hope he's the goat and they cut him. I really do.

HAIL MARY passes are thrown into a group of players hoping for a reception, completely different than what happened. Joe was flushed from the pocket, moved forward, and threw to a single receiver who had gotten behind his defender. True, the free safety should have been back there, but in an over head replay that I saw, he appeared to take the wrong angle towards the play, ie: he under-estimated how far Joe could throw. By my numbers, that ball was thrown from 5 yards behind the line, to the 21 yard line. Thats 55+ in the air! As for the "you were lucky" calls by the Raven haters, isn't EVERY successful offensive play a result of exploiting a mistake by the defense? Afterall, thats what good QBs do.............and Flacco should be considered amoung the best finally.

[quote name='Uncle Dready' timestamp='1358295539' post='1313605']
[/quote]

On that score I know how you feel. we did the same stupid thing in the Redskins game. Took a knee with like 40 seconds and two timeouts. Did it at the half and at the end to go into OT. I could not figure out why. Still can't.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1358297015' post='1313633']
On that score I know how you feel. we did the same stupid thing in the Redskins game. Took a knee with like 40 seconds and two timeouts. Did it at the half and at the end to go into OT. I could not figure out why. Still can't.
[/quote]

To clarify...I HATE the broncos...I've just lived there for a long time....I always take delight in them losing....watching their myopic fans backpedal and make excuses for another loss...and that game Staurday has made me LOVE the Ravens for the time-being....maybe longer...this team has a future.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1358178539' post='1311481']
No Hail Mary on the Bronco Buster
[/quote] We gotta add that to the vote for name of best play. I did not even think of this one and it describes what happened perfectly. I will now call it " Da Bronco Bustin' F Bomb" ... Classic !! Flacco Bomb =F Bomb for all yous that did not know. Go vote on the homepage..http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Poll-What-To-Name-Jacoby%E2%80%99s-Touchdown/00f00be5-48fd-4728-920b-37b1105fcddb