69 replies to this topic

#1 Gtown Purple

Gtown Purple

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I find it hard to believe nobody else has started a thread on this. I can't recall any game tying\winning drive that was made to look easier than that one. Scramble for 5 yards and then chuck it 70+ for a TD. How many death threats has Rahim Moore gotten you think?

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,334 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

When did we throw a Hail Mary? What I saw was Jacoby beat his defender and Joe used his arm to hit him. There was no Hail Mary. A Hail Mary doesn't entail hitting a receiver on the sidelines en route.

As for Moore. He'll get some hate but I see a lot of people sticking up for him on their message boards. He's not the only one that made a mistake. Its just like Evans/Cundiff for us last year.

Edited by PuRock, 14 January 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

#3 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

That play really wasn't a Hail Mary type of play, at least not in my eyes. That was a great deep ball play.

Hail Mary plays are the type of plays where the QB throws it towards the end-zone and hopes one of their receivers catches it (Seattle at the end of the 4th most notably).

Posted Image

#4 Pino

Pino

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

it's sad of people, but i'm sure he'll receive a lot of hate.

but the hail mary is somewhat of a misnomer, it was only 3rd and 3, most people were probably expecting a short pass including Moore

fix the offense

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

No Hail Mary on the Bronco Buster

#6 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

We did not throw any Hail Mary to beat the Broncos. Jones beat his man and managed to get behind both defenders. Joe saw him and hit his receiver with a pass that traveled 60 yards in the air. Jones ran into the end zone.

A Hail Mary is a bunch of receivers & defenders together in or very near the end zone and the QB tosses up the ball, crossing his fingers that one of his guys can come down with it.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#7 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

If that was a hail Mary than nearly half of the balls that Torrey has caught were hail Marys. I thought a hail Mary was more an unaimed desperation throw into a pack of players bearing prayers that someone with the right jersey catches it. That throw to JJ was well aimed, well thrown and fairly precise. Jones barely had to adjust for it to fall into his cradled arms.

Edited by jaege, 14 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#8 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

It definitely wasn't a Hail Mary, even Jones said so because there was an actual play call for what happened.

As for Rahim Moore, he happened to get beat on one critical play, and if some so-called "fans" are going to be low enough as to make death threats, then they really need to stop watching the game.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#9 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

With just 30 seconds left (anything under a minute really) and passing far as you can hoping your player comes down with is a Hail Mary....lets be real people..

just because it wasn't called a hail mary in the huddle doesn't mean it was not..

Edited by funky141, 14 January 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#10 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

It definitely wasn't a Hail Mary, even Jones said so because there was an actual play call for what happened.

As for Rahim Moore, he happened to get beat on one critical play, and if some so-called "fans" are going to be low enough as to make death threats, then they really need to stop watching the game.

switch the outcomes and this board would be doing the same thing.

#11 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,334 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Another reason to hate that Mark Kiszla guy. Writes an article about Moore and made tweets about how it was the worst play by a Bronco ever and dwelled on it.

http://www.denverpos...re-taking-blame

Loser won't be the worst name Broncos safety Rahim Moore will be called after committing the biggest orange-and-blue blunder in team history.

This guy is such a media joke. He takes too much of a 'fan' approach. There were many things wrong with Denver than just this one play. Its a tough play for a Safety when a QB can make that throw. It isn't something they are used to tracking. He thought he had the right break on the ball, but didn't. It happens to many safeties in the league.

Edited by PuRock, 14 January 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#12 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,334 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

switch the outcomes and this board would be doing the same thing.

Going back to last year, we did. But we also had a lot of fans that stuck up for the players (and realized that it was a team loss).
Posted Image

#13 Mick0311

Mick0311

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

When did we throw a Hail Mary? What I saw was Jacoby beat his defender and Joe used his arm to hit him. There was no Hail Mary. A Hail Mary doesn't entail hitting a receiver on the sidelines en route.

As for Moore. He'll get some hate but I see a lot of people sticking up for him on their message boards. He's not the only one that made a mistake. Its just like Evans/Cundiff for us last year.

I live out here in Denver, Moore is getting killed in the media out here, especially on talk radio. But, they also turn around and say that "Flacco didn't make one damn read all game, he only has one play!!!" I honestly just heard that on the way in to work this morning. They may not be rational, but they are all over Moore out here.

Listening to the local media around here is by far the best part of this for me. I normally don't get into this kind of stuff, but the level of disrespect shown out here was nuts. I will sum it up by paraphrasing Conan The Barbarian: "What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their sports guys" ;)

#14 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,334 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I live out here in Denver, Moore is getting killed in the media out here, especially on talk radio. But, they also turn around and say that "Flacco didn't make one damn read all game, he only has one play!!!" I honestly just heard that on the way in to work this morning. They may not be rational, but they are all over Moore out here.

Listening to the local media around here is by far the best part of this for me. I normally don't get into this kind of stuff, but the level of disrespect shown out here was nuts. I will sum it up by paraphrasing Conan The Barbarian: "What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their sports guys" ;)

I have no doubts he is getting bashed. There is probably a lot of talk about how the Broncos had to face the Ravens/refs, and how Denver beat Denver as well. etc. We do the same thing after a loss.

But a rational, objective person knows that neither Moore's one play, or the refs were a culmination of everything that occurred on the field. Manning was bad at times, pass protection broke down as the game went on (loss of Moreno hurt), they couldn't muster up a pass rush, they went conservative, missed a kick, etc. etc. etc.
Posted Image

#15 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I think that play had a little to do with the thin air and wind direction. I believe the wind was at Flacco's back. Moore thought the ball was going to land shorter than it did, and if you notice, the corner back thought it would be short as well. The ball just hung a little bit Moore than it should have :banana1:

z66oxxi.jpg

#16 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,334 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I think that play had a little to do with the thin air and wind direction. I believe the wind was at Flacco's back. Moore thought the ball was going to land shorter than it did, and if you notice, the corner back thought it would be short as well. The ball just hung a little bit Moore than it should have :banana1:

It was. Was also the same direction for the OT kick. That little back wind helped us on two crucial plays.
Posted Image

#17 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

This was not a Hail Mary. A Hail Mary is throwing the ball into a crowd and hoping your guys catches it. Flacco threw it to Jones in stride after Jones beat TWO broncos. Remember, Denver still had to defend the intermediate pass at that time.

Rahim Moore made a critical mistake. But the guy I blame more is John Fox. Making your Hall Of Fame QB who is having a MVP season take a knee with 31 seconds left and some timeouts is unforgivable. Isn't that the whole reason they dumped Tebow for Manning? Matt Ryan proved yesterday 25 seconds is more than enough time to get into field goal range.

#18 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,100 posts

I have no doubts he is getting bashed. There is probably a lot of talk about how the Broncos had to face the Ravens/refs, and how Denver beat Denver as well. etc. We do the same thing after a loss.

But a rational, objective person knows that neither Moore's one play, or the refs were a culmination of everything that occurred on the field. Manning was bad at times, pass protection broke down as the game went on (loss of Moreno hurt), they couldn't muster up a pass rush, they went conservative, missed a kick, etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps they will trade us Moore. I would love to have Rahim Moore. Perhaps we can get him for a 7th? I'll trade them Cody for Moore.

#19 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Maybe, but Joe said he saw the safety playing flat and that's why he threw it. That's what you do as a quarterback. You exploit the mistakes in coverage.

#20 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Maybe, but Joe said he saw the safety playing flat and that's why he threw it. That's what you do as a quarterback. You exploit the mistakes in coverage.

Fine by me. No complaints here

z66oxxi.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users