Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/14: Joe Flacco Not Elite? 'You're Crazy.'

159 posts in this topic

Ravens still not getting national respect. Gronkowski done. Billick interviews for Eagles HC job.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-114-Joe-Flacco-Not-Elite-Youre-Crazy/a5048e32-ceb0-4079-8f0f-0b08cf4d5c62]View the full article[/url]

Its a story book year. Chapter 1 Art Modell passes away and his spirit remains a Raven forever. Chapter 2 Ravens Nation wins the 2nd straight division title. Chapter 3 Ray Lewis announces his retirement. Chapter 4 what used to be the Baltimore Colts returns to BMore and suffers a loss. Chapter 5 Hall of famer Payton Manning Ex Colt gets beat. Chapter 6 Ravens Nation returns to Foxborough for redemption. To be continued.

Coincidence, I think not. Someone is looking over Ravens Nation.

The national media doesn't like us. At this point, I really don't care about all that elite stuff or any of that. I just want Harbaugh, Flacco, Rice, Torrey, Yanda, Birk, Q, Suggs, Reed, and of course, Ray Lewis to get a ring this year.

As long as we believe in #5, #52 will be rewarded.

Ignore Colin Cowherd ... he's never respected us. During the season, he gave his top ten teams ... Pittsburgh was #2 and we weren't on the list. At what time during this season could that be anything but nonsense.

Just like last week - it is not saying that you just can't see the Ravens upending the Patriots because they just look so unbeatable - it is saying we're going to get "smoked". That's disrespect and let's feed off of it.

The title to the Chadiha article in question is even better, I read that piece of "journalism" yesterday: "Broncos Choke in Historic Fashion." Zero respect whatsoever, not even a "Ravens Capitalize on Broncos' Mistakes," just zero respect.

Nothing new to any of us, just wanted to point out to ESPN to keep it up, this team definitely thrives on the disrespect.

Man, I'm tired of these so called "experts" on ESPN, a better description for those guys would be "clowns" or "jock riders." Ravens will go into Foxboro and demand respect, we saw what happened when everyone counted them out.

%u201CBut nobody outside of their fan base should buy into such bluster. The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. That's the only way to explain the way this AFC divisional playoff game played out.%u201D - Jeffri Chadiha

Are you kidding me?!?!!? The only way we won was because of the Broncos' errors? How about our special teams spotting one of the best QB's ever 14 points? How about the Ravens were just the better team.....still waiting for anybody...ANYBODY....to acknowledge this fact around the nation.

It doesn't matter what the pundits think. We're not playing them next Sunday. We'll be playing the Patriots, and I can assure you that no one on their team will be taking us lightly. They will be very well prepared Sun. So will we. This will be another hard fought contest. Raven's are nearing full strength and have unity of purpose. Ravens will prevail.

(sorry for the repost, too many errors)

Was anyone listening to 105.7 the Fan this morning? Someone asked Mike Preston, a known Flacco basher and Baltimore sun sports columnist, for him to admit he was wrong about Flacco. The caller basically asked for him to eat crow but his ego refused to admit it. He continued to reference him as an average quarterback and that will never change. What the heck?? Seriously? Why won't it ever change? People's expectations of Matt Ryan are changing especially since he has now won a playoff game. Look at Flacco's stats in the postseason (5TD,0int, 600 yards, 120 QBR). They are fantastic. He even has dueled and outplayed the ELITE Brady and Manning. Flacco should get some respect...he is inconsistent at times during the regular seasons, but all QBs have bad games, let's hope Flacco continues to play lights out during the playoffs! Without Flacco, not our defense, we wouldn't be here this season. This is Flacco's year...and after Ray leaves, it will be his team. Mike Preston is still bitter by saying Troy Smith was a better qb than Flacco. He can't let it go.

So the Patriots not having Gronk is a huge loss? Maybe so, but they still adjusted to his absence last night and put 41 points on the board against a pretty good defense. Ravens have to be at the top of their game this weekend. Let's get it!

[quote name='Brianj52' timestamp='1358175980' post='1311392']
(sorry for the repost, too many errors)

Was anyone listening to 105.7 the Fan this morning? Someone asked Mike Preston, a known Flacco basher and Baltimore sun sports columnist, for him to admit he was wrong about Flacco. The caller basically asked for him to eat crow but his ego refused to admit it. He continued to reference him as an average quarterback and that will never change. What the heck?? Seriously? Why won't it ever change? People's expectations of Matt Ryan are changing especially since he has now won a playoff game. Look at Flacco's stats in the postseason (5TD,0int, 600 yards, 120 QBR). They are fantastic. He even has dueled and outplayed the ELITE Brady and Manning. Flacco should get some respect...he is inconsistent at times during the regular seasons, but all QBs have bad games, let's hope Flacco continues to play lights out during the playoffs! Without Flacco, not our defense, we wouldn't be here this season. This is Flacco's year...and after Ray leaves, it will be his team. Mike Preston is still bitter by saying Troy Smith was a better qb than Flacco. [b]He can't let it go[/b].
[/quote]

Someone definitely needs to let it go.

Does anybody really care what ESPN says anyway? If your not the Patriots or Steelers their "experts" will trash you.

Elite, or not elite question again? Let's put it this way. Joe Flacco is a winning QB in legendary games against legendary QBs in the circle with future hall of famers...... You all in the media can label him as you wish, I am just glad he is OUR QB!

These are the days that my son will tell to his grandchildren, and they will tell to theirs. These are the days of Raven legends that football history will remember for ages to come. To be a witness to this history for Baltimore football is a blessing. Thank you Ravens for sharing this with us.

GO RAVENS! Two more stops on this journey!

Lets beat the pats again and move into the big show, let this be the year of the Ravens!

Anybody hear what BA said yesterday! man what an idiot why are you talking you missed the tackles on the ST TD so you have no right to say anything! man just stupid and why now!

I love line of the game is already around 9.5 to 10, when they gonna learn. Ravens SB bound. 60 minutes away RavenNation, its our time.

Both of these clowns are blowing smoke and it ain't no cigar.But it's alright because we like being the underdogs.They said it was impossible for the Ravens to beat the Broncos.Now it's all about excuses.Where's that woman from Denver that talked all that smack.I want to hear what she has to say now.What excuse will they give?What excuse will they give when we beat the Patriots?When the NFL let Dirtsay leave with OUR Colts,that let me know then that Baltimore gets no respect.Like one of the talking heads referred to Flacco as the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.Go Ravens!Prove the world wrong and lets get this trophy again.

I don't understand why we have this discussion about being elite... Why does it matter if he is considered elite or not? He is who he is. He wins a lot, loses some, and makes big throws when we need them most.

Joe is knocking on the door to join the QB Club. Not there quite yet, although Rodgers, Peyton, Eli, Drew, and I would have to say Ben (2 SB Rings), will be watching from the comfort of their living rooms this weekend. If Flacco has a great game this Sunday then he and a few others could start a changing of the guard in the Elite QB Club.
Pats made the Texans look like the Browns last night, although Houston did have that "Just Happy To Be Here" look on their faces. Schaub smiling on the sidelines after a worthless TD pass told you all you needed to know. Pats will be facing a TEAM with HEART on Sunday.

Elite or Not... WHO CARES, Joe knows what he is and what he's capable of doing and so do we. Let the media continue to debate this endless topic, Joe is our QB and will remain our QB for a long time, lets all stand behind him.

I want a Ravens superbowl outfit for my new baby (expected to arrive in June), but first we need to get there...GO RAVENS!

We just win one of the most emotional and legendary games in NFL postseason history - and these arrogant, self-proclaimed geniuses in the national media give us (paraphrasing here ...) "enjoy your lucky win (which is insignificant because it wasn't a championship game and cause we've always dissed your QB and can't ever acknowledge that we were wrong at any point in our lives) because your are going to get smoked by our golden boy next week".

[quote name='Ravens in The Dena' timestamp='1358176507' post='1311407']
I love line of the game is already around 9.5 to 10, when they gonna learn. Ravens SB bound. 60 minutes away RavenNation, its our time.
[/quote]

When we win the Super Bowl, I suspect we'll be hearing how we have no chance of beating Pittsburgh in the 2013 season opener.

Brady is due for a bad game and like always were goin 2 give it 2 em pees called a great game at manning we really confused him nothing was deep and when we needed a stop we got it we will confuse brady and move on to the superbowl

Flacco, has outplayed Brady Two out of his last Three games. HE has out Played Ben, He has just outplayed both Mannings, what is left for the kid to do....Oh beat Brady again , then Beat Matty Ice. Ill take it!

I don't think anyone else in the league could have made that throw to Jacoby Jones except for Joe Flacco. Maybe maybe Aaron Rodgers. That was simply amazing!

We all have to believe in Joe Flacco, and trust in the whole Ravens team, and who cares what the National media says, because we know there is only one way to get respect and there is a mission that the Ravens have to stay focused on always, and I don't respect ESPN at all, and they don't know anything about football. We Ravens fans have to believe in our team always and the Ravens know they have to play their best against the Patriots to make up for last year in the Championship, and we have to have every man do their job next week. Lets go Ravens!!!

how about everyone stop worrying about flacco's status compared to other players as well as the attention we are receiving and lets worry about winning the game sunday? and as for brendon ayanbadego dissing the patriots offense, how about you focus on not letting the patriots return 2 special teams touchdowns?

Brendan Ayandebendajo needs to be told to shut up really. Dont tweet things that are just dumb. Also look at your play saturday truly painful to watch you jumped lanes didnt read them right i lost respect for you after them tweets. We the ravens dont talk crap but we play on the field with it respect our ravens culture

[quote name='jek81791' timestamp='1358177312' post='1311426']
how about everyone stop worrying about flacco's status compared to other players as well as the attention we are receiving and lets worry about winning the game sunday? and as for brendon ayanbadego dissing the patriots offense, how about you focus on not letting the patriots return 2 special teams returns touchdowns and less on the patrios offense eh?
[/quote]

Yes, totally agree

Joe played his butt off, I'll admit that, heck of a game. Don't let top 5 bite us in our butt when he takes all the salary cap. Defense was a huge factor on the opposite end and we will continue to need a strong one to survive season after season.

Hats off to Joe for holding steady and being who we need him to be. Keep it up.

Go Ravens! Let's get to the Super Bowl! Flacco has outplayed Tom Brady the last 3 meetings let's make it 4 with a win!

Joe Flacco:

2012 week 3: 28/39, 382 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interception
AFC Championship 2011: 22/36, 306 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception
2010 week 6: 27/35, 285 yards, 2 touchdowns

Tom Brady:
2012 week 3: 28/41, 335 yards, 1 touchdown
AFC Championship 2011: 22/36, 239 yards, 2 interceptions
27/44, 292 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions

Unfortunately for Flacco the term “elite” seems to apply to NFL quarterbacks who have won multiple Super Bowls or done enough to be considered Hall Of Fame material, e.g. Dan Marino. Flacco’s most noticeable and talked about characteristic is his inconsistency. He’s got talent, arm strength and precision but does not seem to have the fire and passion needed to compel his teammates to play out of their minds. Hopefully this will be his year and he will have the biggest impact on the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. Win the Super Bowl and you get to tell all the haters to kiss your ring!!

Listened to Dan Patrick this morning. Gave 0 credit to the Ravens defense for picking off Peyton Manning. Said it was all because it was cold and Peyton's arm strength has diminished. Mike and Mike on the other hand...gave Joe Flacco and the Ravens TONS of praise for stepping up and beating the Broncos who had won 11 straight games. Graham is something else. a pick 6 and essentially a game winning pick against one of the greatest of all time.

The word hater is so over-rated and missed used. Movie critics are movie haters?

Anyway, the best game ever. What a win when counted out, finally beating Manning. The team played elite football. Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowherd.... your surname sais it all...
it looks easy to hide behind a team with a nice hairstyled quarterback (with a superstar model as wife), behind such a beloved team every netword spreads joy for.. well.. it really looks like a fable, doesn't it?
oh ... and a team full of bandwagon fans who don't understand a heck of this sport
I'm still wondering why people like him and Bayless still have a job, despite the BS they keep sayin' on other teams like Texans, Vikings and RAVENS...

From day one Flacco has gone toe to toe with the AFC's best QB's, leading us to his 1st AFC Championship game his rookie year. Mind you, he has been dueling (all in their prime) Rothlesberger/Palmer/Brady/Rivers/Eli & Peyton Manning/and has come out ahead more often then not. Now he is the "Prime", he is the Ravens "Franchise" QB. And sitting at that table with the rest of the mainstream media to eat crow will be mr. woodley, after Joe takes the Ravens to a Super Bowl Victory.
Nuff said!
Go RAVENS

Considering the teams competing next week, Joe is the 2nd best QB in the NFL at this point (Brady/Flacco/Ryan/Kapernick). And for those who would have the nerve to consider Ryan over Flacco, look at the records Flacco has amassed as our starter with the most consecutive playoff games, most playoff wins starting a career, and he is not done. Once he gets this Super Bowl win, he will have a seat at the grown up table. Just like they hand the green jacket to the Masters winner, so Joe will join the winning Super Bowl QB club.
"No Weapon"

Go RAVENS

Man this Joe Linta guy is disgusting. All this guy sees on Flacco is money. He treats him like the 'biggest catch' of his life.

He gives zero respect for Ravens organization. He gets quiet when flacco isnt doing well. Then as soon as something happens, he babbles about Flacco needing top 5 or better money.

Ridiculous. Flacco, please GET ANOTHER agent. His going to ruin Ravens organization and yourself by putting you on a different crappy organization!

So Cowherd still thinks the Pats are gonna "smoke" the Ravens, despite the fact that the Pats have NOT flat out smoked the Ravens since 2004 and all their meetings since have been within 7 points. And that in the last 3 meetings vs. the Patriots Flacco has either matched or outplayed Brady.

But whatever, don't listen to statistics and past history or anything, Cowherd......

[quote name='birdgang20' timestamp='1358179036' post='1311501']
STOP underestimating the ravens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

With all due respect to you, I say please do NOT stop underestimating the Ravens.

The Ravens have ALWAYS played better ball when they are underdogs and have something to prove. Not just this year but every year in it's 17 year history. Give them the edge and they play down to the opponent. That is why do so well in the post season.

We got em right where we want em!

see cam? you should have called plays to exploit your talents no restrain them. offensive genius my ...