Maybe...Ozzie loves his bama' team ;-p

#22 Carlos Versace

Carlos Versace

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Cody was overrated coming out of college. He is not strong enough to be a NT in this league. He got by in college throwing around his weight on weaker competition. That doesn't fly in the NFL. He lacks true strength, and it seems like every play he is getting bullied. His bench press number at his Pro Day were sorry for a NT.

#23 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,824 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I wonder who from Alabama we'll be taking this year.
Posted Image

#24 BenMir

BenMir

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I wonder who from Alabama we'll be taking this year.

Jesse

#25 cwfRaven

cwfRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I can only assume technique. I've noticed his under-performance all year as well. I really expected him to improve this year, but we'll see if he shows up in the last two games. He's a gamer.

I like your thinking...TWO games... :)

#26 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

In his defense, it's not like Bama has a dearth of talent.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#27 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Jesse

The kid has unrivalled weight room and game strength. Near impossible to move.

#28 Camden2152

Camden2152

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I think he is a waste. A guy that big and he knocked out of plays all the time.

#29 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I really wish we had McBean. It really sucks he broke his leg. I think he'll be brought back next year.

#30 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,415 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I think Cody losing weight, has had an adverse effect on his play similar to Ngata last year when he went from 340 to 320 ( didn't really get as much push, and nagging injuries ).

All year both Cody & Kemo have underperformed IMO. I have seen both of them driven back by O-lineman all year, neither one of them clog the middle, or shed blocks consistently well.

Kemo has been pathetic at times with how bad he gets washed out, then Cody may come in for 2 plays before he's gasping for air.

Cody should really get with the strength and conditioning coaches, he still lacks those massive powerful arms. He looks like a big guy that barely picks up a weight.

#31 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

I think Cody losing weight, has had an adverse effect on his play similar to Ngata last year when he went from 340 to 320 ( didn't really get as much push, and nagging injuries ).

All year both Cody & Kemo have underperformed IMO. I have seen both of them driven back by O-lineman all year, neither one of them clog the middle, or shed blocks consistently well.

Kemo has been pathetic at times with how bad he gets washed out, then Cody may come in for 2 plays before he's gasping for air.

Cody should really get with the strength and conditioning coaches, he still lacks those massive powerful arms. He looks like a big guy that barely picks up a weight.

It's not his arms he has to work on most; it's his core and lower body.

#32 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,814 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Every time one of you smart-alecks get on me for Mike Adams having a rough rookie year, I'm going just simply say "moobs".
I wanted Carlos Dunlap. Instead we ended up with Kindle and Ton Of Fun Cody
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#33 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Every time one of you smart-alecks get on me for Mike Adams having a rough rookie year, I'm going just simply say "moobs".
I wanted Carlos Dunlap. Instead we ended up with Kindle and Ton Of Fun Cody

Hahahahahhaha! Didn't you wan Adams in the first though?
I still think there is hope for Cody. Basically, he needs to eat AND CRUSH the WEIGHT ROOM. He's at an age where he can get MUCH stronger. Lets hope he can do it. He's actually pretty agile.

#34 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

I saw Ngata line up at NT quite a bunch, I wouldn't be shocked if Cody was released in off season or we use a high draft pick on a NT...or if we go to a 4-3 since Ray is retiring

We'll stay in a 3-4 with McClain and Ellerbe playing so well. But I can definitely see us going DT in the draft. Oh how I miss the days of Gregg. That dude was the epitome of a player you want fighting in the trenches.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#35 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

We'll stay in a 3-4 with McClain and Ellerbe playing so well. But I can definitely see us going DT in the draft. Oh how I miss the days of Gregg. That dude was the epitome of a player you want fighting in the trenches.

Buddy L was under appreciated here much like JJ. I miss him too.

#36 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

This is why Ngata has been ineffective. He doesn't have a NT next to him who can get some of the pressure. He is trying to get guys who run through the middle when our NT gets blown up.

#37 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

For all the people that said he lost weight this offeseason are wrong. He lost all that weight in 2011, and in 2012 he claimed to put on some more muscle. I am more confused to how someone puts on muscle, and looks like he got weaker. I mean teams are just trampling him all the time, and most of the time it seems to be one guy. I am really not worried about his pass rush ability for DT that was drafted to stuff the run, but in reality he can't hold his own against one guy forget two.

#38 Blex64

Blex64

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Cody does nothing well. Can't eat space, cant make plays in the run game, can't touch the QB. I think he was rated the second worst d-lineman according to profootball focus.

Cody is rated quite decently by PFF. Kemo is the problem. He had the second worst run stop % among DT's (Cody was 5th highest) when they put up an article about it earlier this season.

Do people not know that Cody is 62, a huge black man, and Kemo is 96, a huge islander? I really don't get the constant bashing. He's far and away the better NT on the team.

#39 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Cody is rated quite decently by PFF. Kemo is the problem. He had the second worst run stop % among DT's (Cody was 5th highest) when they put up an article about it earlier this season.

Do people not know that Cody is 62, a huge black man, and Kemo is 96, a huge islander? I really don't get the constant bashing. He's far and away the better NT on the team.

I agree to an extent. I don't think Kemo was our first choice. I really believe McBean was the first choice due to his pass-rushing skills. I think the Ravens wanted to rotate between those two players (Cody & McBean) but the broken leg really messed up our plans. I hope/believe McBean will return next year.

I don't think Cody can be a 3-down NT like Wilfork. I think McBean was intended to be that 3rd down guy. I think Cody lacks the endurance to hold up and that's his biggest issue.

Edited by GrimCoconut, 15 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#40 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm still holding out hope for him. He hasn't been awful. Just not very useful in the passing game and okay in the run game. Maybe something about the change of defensive coordinators did it. I know a lot of our guys looked bad at the beginning of the year because they were used wrong or whatnot. Cody hasn't caught up to Ellerbe's and Kruger's explosions onto the scene. But there's plenty of room for improvement with him.

Also, the nike shirts make him look fat. So that's a factor as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users