Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

NFC Championship Game: 49ers @ Falcons

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

Poll: NFC Championship Game: 49ers @ Falcons (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Falcons (11 votes [24.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

2. Voted 49ers (34 votes [75.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,420 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

The #2 seeded 49ers travel to Atlanta to face the #1 seeded Falcons.

The Falcons will be huge underdogs next week. Just like how the Ravens were against the Broncos. I believe it will be a lot closer then many will think.

I think the 49ers will win, but we'll see how Ryan can play in his first championship game, coming off his first win. And how Kaepernick will play on his first road playoff game.

I think it will be a classic! For the sake of the Ravens, I say go Falcons!!

Who do you think will win, and who do you want to win?
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#2 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

It will be interesting to see how the Falcons add on to their first post season win with Ryan. I voted Falcons to win, but I would like to see the 49ers win for the possibility of a Harbowl in the Superbowl.

Edited by lgcs27288, 13 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#3 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,907 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Niners.. No doubt
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#4 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I know a Har-Bowl sounds great, but, eh, we're not exatcly built to deal with qbs with Kaeps speed. I'd rather deal with Ryan so Joe can take the 08 qb crown and have Ray and Ed ride off into the sunset. Truth is, we don't even know how much longer we will have Suggs or Ngata for. There is a good chance this could be Suggs last ride too with the injuries he's acquired. When Suggs pushed to come back, then Ngata played through the MCL, I thought something was up. I was trying to figure why people would play through these injuries. When I heard Ray was coming back I knew what the deal was immediately. I knew this was it for him and they knew it too. The Niners secondary can be exposed, but the front 7 somewhat worries me, even with the Smith injury. Then our problem with the run and having to contain 7 opens up new problems. I'd rather the pocket passer Ryan vs Ed Reed, but I think SF wins.

#5 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,420 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Before the season started I thought it would be a Ravens vs Falcons superbowl....I think it will be extremely tough for the Falcons to beat them. It all depends if they can stop Kaepernick on the ground.
49ers just shut Rodgers down so.....

But let's see them on the road for the first time. This year all their losses have came on the road besides the whopping the Giants gave them.

Edited by Ravens<3, 13 January 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

This shouldn't even be a contest. The much lesser talented Seahawks took Atlanta to the brink. The Falcons are soft, top to bottom, and will get whooped.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

9ers in this one

#8 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think the 49ers can take them.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,420 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

This shouldn't even be a contest. The much lesser talented Seahawks took Atlanta to the brink. The Falcons are soft, top to bottom, and will get whooped.

Seahawks destroyed the 49ers earlier. Even though it was in Seattle which is the toughest place to play, the 49ers have struggled on the road. I don't know about Kaepernick on the road in the playoffs.

I think it will be closer then people think. You know what, I'm taking Falcons. 35-34!

#10 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I would rather see the Falcons....Kaepernicks running scares me.

#11 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Pause... The same Seahawks team that beat the 49ers 42-13

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#12 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

To the OP... I cant lie.... Im a Falcon fan and i even know this will be a tough tough game for us... I think we can do it but Its going to be really tough... Kaepernick is the worst match up for us.

I team D is built to give Qb's like Brees, Both Mannings...... Pocket passers problems like we've done this year... But Mobile QB's like Wilson, Cam, and Kaepernick is not a good matchup for us.

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Pause... The same Seahawks team that beat the 49ers 42-13

So? The 49ers had beaten them earlier in the year. The 49ers also lost (and tied) to the Rams, does that make the Falcons less soft? San Fransisco has more talent, better coaching, and is more physical.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#14 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I have a feeling, Kaepernick will screw up.....

Edited by AsianRice, 15 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I almost want the Falcons to win, just to shut up all the bandwagon Kaepernick fans. Plus, it would be great to see Flacco humiliate Ryan on the game's biggest stage, thus ending forever the debate over who's the better QB! :SPINgigem:

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#16 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Kaepernick is the flavor of the week. He's gonna get figured out. Some think he's better than Ryan or Flacco.... really?
Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#17 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Falcons. Julio Jones, White, Douglas and Tony are too much for them to handle. Kapernick will be figured out

#18 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,275 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I have one question for the Falcons,

What you going to do when Colin Kaepernick runs wild on your defense?

#19 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I would rather see the Falcons....Kaepernicks running scares me.

This. But i think the 49ers will win.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#20 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,275 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

OK so everyone talks about the fact that we played the Eagles in their first home game and the fact the team who has faced the Eagles in their first home game goes on to win the Super Bowl. The NFC has its own little history, but with the AFC East. Which means past history says a Ravens vs 49ers Super Bowl is very likely.

Not to discourage Atlanta, because it does have home-field advantage Sunday, but San Francisco might just be destined to be NFC champion, based on its schedule. In each of the past six seasons, an NFC team from the division that played its non-division games against the AFC East during the regular season has wound up in the Super Bowl. In 2006, the Bears played their non-division games against the AFC East and advanced to the Super Bowl; in 2007, the Giants did it; in 2008, the Cardinals did it; in 2009, the Saints did it; in 2010, the Packers did it; and last season, the Giants did it again.

This season, San Francisco played its non-division games against the AFC East, which seems to mean the 49ers must be considered the favorite to become the NFC champion. Next season, the honor falls to the NFC South and the Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers and Panthers. Any one of those teams might have a real advantage and shot to make it to the 2014 Super Bowl in New Jersey.

m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8844117&wjb

Edited by JO_75, 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users