Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gordo52

NFC Championship Game: 49ers @ Falcons

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

422 posts in this topic

The #2 seeded 49ers travel to Atlanta to face the #1 seeded Falcons.

The Falcons will be huge underdogs next week. Just like how the Ravens were against the Broncos. I believe it will be a lot closer then many will think.

I think the 49ers will win, but we'll see how Ryan can play in his first championship game, coming off his first win. And how Kaepernick will play on his first road playoff game.

I think it will be a classic! For the sake of the Ravens, I say go Falcons!!

Who do you think will win, and who do you want to win?

It will be interesting to see how the Falcons add on to their first post season win with Ryan. I voted Falcons to win, but I would like to see the 49ers win for the possibility of a Harbowl in the Superbowl.

I know a Har-Bowl sounds great, but, eh, we're not exatcly built to deal with qbs with Kaeps speed. I'd rather deal with Ryan so Joe can take the 08 qb crown and have Ray and Ed ride off into the sunset. Truth is, we don't even know how much longer we will have Suggs or Ngata for. There is a good chance this could be Suggs last ride too with the injuries he's acquired. When Suggs pushed to come back, then Ngata played through the MCL, I thought something was up. I was trying to figure why people would play through these injuries. When I heard Ray was coming back I knew what the deal was immediately. I knew this was it for him and they knew it too. The Niners secondary can be exposed, but the front 7 somewhat worries me, even with the Smith injury. Then our problem with the run and having to contain 7 opens up new problems. I'd rather the pocket passer Ryan vs Ed Reed, but I think SF wins.

Before the season started I thought it would be a Ravens vs Falcons superbowl....I think it will be extremely tough for the Falcons to beat them. It all depends if they can stop Kaepernick on the ground.
49ers just shut Rodgers down so.....

But let's see them on the road for the first time. This year all their losses have came on the road besides the whopping the Giants gave them.

This shouldn't even be a contest. The much lesser talented Seahawks took Atlanta to the brink. The Falcons are soft, top to bottom, and will get whooped.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1358171995' post='1311327']
This shouldn't even be a contest. The much lesser talented Seahawks took Atlanta to the brink. The Falcons are soft, top to bottom, and will get whooped.
[/quote]
Seahawks destroyed the 49ers earlier. Even though it was in Seattle which is the toughest place to play, the 49ers have struggled on the road. I don't know about Kaepernick on the road in the playoffs.

I think it will be closer then people think. You know what, I'm taking Falcons. 35-34!

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1358171995' post='1311327']
[/quote]

Pause... The same Seahawks team that beat the 49ers 42-13

To the OP... I cant lie.... Im a Falcon fan and i even know this will be a tough tough game for us... I think we can do it but Its going to be really tough... Kaepernick is the worst match up for us.

I team D is built to give Qb's like Brees, Both Mannings...... Pocket passers problems like we've done this year... But Mobile QB's like Wilson, Cam, and Kaepernick is not a good matchup for us.

[quote name='atljbo' timestamp='1358202309' post='1312233']
Pause... The same Seahawks team that beat the 49ers 42-13
[/quote]

So? The 49ers had beaten them earlier in the year. The 49ers also lost (and tied) to the Rams, does that make the Falcons less soft? San Fransisco has more talent, better coaching, and is more physical.

I almost want the Falcons to win, just to shut up all the bandwagon Kaepernick fans. Plus, it would be great to see Flacco humiliate Ryan on the game's biggest stage, thus ending forever the debate over who's the better QB! :SPINgigem:

I have one question for the Falcons,

What you going to do when Colin Kaepernick runs wild on your defense?

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1358199519' post='1312147']
I would rather see the Falcons....Kaepernicks running scares me.
[/quote]

This. But i think the 49ers will win.

OK so everyone talks about the fact that we played the Eagles in their first home game and the fact the team who has faced the Eagles in their first home game goes on to win the Super Bowl. The NFC has its own little history, but with the AFC East. Which means past history says a Ravens vs 49ers Super Bowl is very likely.

[quote][size=4]Not to discourage Atlanta, because it does have home-field advantage Sunday, but San Francisco might just be destined to be NFC champion, based on its schedule. In each of the past six seasons, an NFC team from the division that played its non-division games against the AFC East during the regular season has wound up in the Super Bowl.[b] In 2006, the Bears played their non-division games against the AFC East and advanced to the Super Bowl; in 2007, the Giants did it; in 2008, the Cardinals did it; in 2009, the Saints did it; in 2010, the Packers did it; and last season, the Giants did it again. [/b][/size]

[size=4][b]This season, San Francisco played its non-division games against the AFC East, [/b]which seems to mean the 49ers must be considered the favorite to become the NFC champion.[b] Next season, the honor falls to the NFC South and the Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers and Panthers. Any one of those teams might have a real advantage and shot to make it to the 2014 Super Bowl in New Jersey.[/b][/size][/quote]

m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8844117&wjb

Poor Billy....

From FB

[url="https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter"][img]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/369097_100003363096802_889327701_q.jpg[/img][/url]
[b] [/b]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter"]Adam Schefter[/url]
[b] [/b]

San Francisco 49ers today announced they have waived K Billy Cundiff.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I want the Falcons.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just so everyone will get off the Kaepernick bandwagon... and so Joe can finally end the Ryan/Flacco debate on the biggest stage of them all.[/i][/font]

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358549227' post='1317005']
Poor Billy....

From FB

[url="https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter"][img]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash4/369097_100003363096802_889327701_q.jpg[/img][/url]
[b] [/b]

[b] [/b]

[/quote]

Dang. Used (to motivate Akers) & Abused (cut without a chance).

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1358549695' post='1317013']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I want the Falcons.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Just so everyone will get off the Kaepernick bandwagon... and so Joe can finally end the Ryan/Flacco debate on the biggest stage of them all.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

I want the Falcons if we win because I don't know if our defense can contain Kaepernick to be truthful. He can be rattled though so it will be up to the Falcons to pressure him while making sure to close the pocket. Should be interesting.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1358549859' post='1317015']
I want the Falcons if we win because I don't know if our defense can contain Kaepernick to be truthful. He can be rattled though so it will be up to the Falcons to pressure him while making sure to close the pocket. Should be interesting.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Our defense contained Vick and RGIII pretty well. It was when Vick decided to throw the ball and Cousins stepped in that they our defense stumbled. I think Kaep would present a challenge, but he wouldn't be unstoppable.[/i][/font]

Ironically, the San Francisco 49ers have their own "streak", so-to-speak, that goes against them from winning the NFC Championship...

Week 1: @ Green Bay Packers - WON, 30-22
Week 2: vs. Detroit Lions - WON, 27-19
[b]Week 3: @ Minnesota Vikings - LOSS, 24-13[/b]
Week 4: @ New York Jets - WON, 34-0
Week 5: vs. Buffalo Bills - WON, 45-3
[b]Week 6: vs. New York Giants - LOSS, 26-3[/b]
Week 7: vs. Seattle Seahawks - WON, 13-6
Week 8: @ Arizona Cardinals - WON, 24-3
Week 9: BYE
[b]Week 10: vs. St. Louis Rams - TIE, 24-24[/b]
Week 11: vs. Chicago Bears - WON, 32-7
Week 12: @ New Orleans Saints - WON, 31-21
[b]Week 13: @[/b] [b]St. Louis Rams - LOSS, 16-13[/b]
Week 14: vs. Miami Dolphins - WON, 27-13
Week 15: @ New England Patriots - WON, 41-34
[b]Week 16: @ Seattle Seahawks - LOSS, 42-13[/b]
Week 17: vs. Arizona Cardinals - WON, 27-13

NFC Divisional Round Game: vs. Green Bay Packers - WON, 45-31
NFC Championship Game: @ Atlanta Falcons - ???

Every third game, for San Fran, resulted in either a loss or tie. Seeing how you can't tie in a playoff game, however; what will happen to the Niners, this Sunday?

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358549227' post='1317005']
Poor Billy....

From FB

[b] [/b]

[b] [/b]

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5A3Blt1Ipw

If the Falcons won, it would be one of the easiest roads to the Super Bowl ever. Weak schedule in a division of pretty bad teams, then Russell Wilson followed by Colin Kaepernick in the postseason? At home? I know those teams aren't gimmes, and it takes work to get to the #1 seed, but for that to be all it takes to get to the Super Bowl... People say the NFC is the stronger conference now, but neither Atlanta nor San Francisco really seem like "that team".

I don't know, maybe all the teams this year are just not that good as a whole.

Want: 49ers
Think: 49ers

I want the Har-bowl and there's no way I could even contemplate stomaching a loss to that pathetic Falcons squad in the Super Bowl. Seriously, they have to be the worst #1 seeds since they last had the #1 seed. Nothing special about that team at all outside of their receiving corps.

I want the Falcons to win. Because if we beat the Patriots, and then go on and beat the Falcons - Joe will have taken out Luck, Manning, Brady, and Ryan. This defense will have handled Luck, Manning, Brady, and Ryan. We will have beaten everyone's favorites - and then nobody can go back and say "yeah, well you took on a second year quarterback who didn't even start the season to get your Superbowl". I want to face the best we could have faced, and beat the best we could have faced. Why do Eli and the Giants get so much respect from last season - because, after being 6-6, they went 3-1 to earn a playoff spot. Then they crushed Atlanta and their pro bowl quarterback. Then they wen't IN to Lambeau field and took out the number 1 seed. Then they went IN to Candlestick Park and took out the number 2 seed. Then they knocked off the top AFC seed for the Lombardi Trophy. And nobody could say what they did was fluky or was given to them, because they took on the best they could face, and won.

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1358559316' post='1317133']
I want the Falcons to win. Because if we beat the Patriots, and then go on and beat the Falcons - Joe will have taken out Luck, Manning, Brady, and Ryan. This defense will have handled Luck, Manning, Brady, and Ryan. We will have beaten everyone's favorites - and then nobody can go back and say "yeah, well you took on a second year quarterback who didn't even start the season to get your Superbowl". I want to face the best we could have faced, and beat the best we could have faced. Why do Eli and the Giants get so much respect from last season - because, after being 6-6, they went 3-1 to earn a playoff spot. Then they crushed Atlanta and their pro bowl quarterback. Then they wen't IN to Lambeau field and took out the number 1 seed. Then they went IN to Candlestick Park and took out the number 2 seed. Then they knocked off the top AFC seed for the Lombardi Trophy. And nobody could say what they did was fluky or was given to them, because they took on the best they could face, and won.
[/quote]
That's y Eli is considered a clutch QB, and Joe is a clutch QB too, but winning next 2 games will solidify his case. Regardless who we are facing, nothing is we can't overcome after numerous adversities we've been through....