26 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

The Ravens were able to overcome their first special teams touchdowns of the season.

View the full article

#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

It was very hard to watch our ST that has executed so well, all year round, go out there and just look horrid. I'm not one to start bashing a unit after one bad game, but please... get the miscues fixed.

Regardless if we're at Gillette or Reliant -- we are going to need to make the most of every opportunity.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#3 sonofaphil

sonofaphil

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

It was ugly. But fortunately we were resilient and recovered from those mistakes. When healthy the Ravens are a dangerous team and can go all the way. I'm looking forward to it!!!

#4 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Special Teams has been solid all year. Yesterday they were shockingly bad. Hopefully that was just one of those "fluke" games that happens only once in a great while and we get things back to the way they have been all season.

#5 ravensforsb

ravensforsb

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

we did terrible on special teams yesterday. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. ill be the somewhat first to say it. Grantid we were going against the best (yes jacoby is second) Return man in the NFL. But between harbs and coach roguski trust me they'll get it right for NEW ENGLAND. Yes I Said NEW ENGLAND!

#6 Choppa305

Choppa305

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

On Brendon Ayanbadejo IG I said "good game but y'all did horrible on special teams" and he responded saying "True"...that's the first time I ever seen him respond to someone...hopefully they fix it for next week.

#7 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

All the hype of how good our ST play came back to jinx us in the game against Denver. If we don't clean that up, we don't advance against NE.

However, having said that, I don't foresee any situation where lightning can strike two weeks in a row on the same exact house either!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ravens, soar and conquer!

Edited by ellicottraven, 13 January 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#8 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Man it was cold yesterday. Jacoby drop 1 too. But he made up for it. My hats off to any body that can play in that kind of weather.

#9 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Special teams lost the Redskin's game as David Reed failed to secure a fumble and we allowed the game a big punt return in OT to set up the winning FG .

#10 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

We will fix these mistakes no problem. Eight quarters away!

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

mistakes happen lets just fix it . i have faith that it wont happen again . i was freezing just watching the guys play yesterday .

#12 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

It was just gap assignment problems just people not in there gaps to stop the play like the punt return two ppl where on the side trindon returned it on. and everybody else was on the left side so that was just easy for him one dude missed and gone so just fix the gap problem and get people right positions and we got it.

#13 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hot KR games like this don't happen very often. They will look at the film. Our special teams need no tweaks at this point. Same for our kicking game. Don't make this stat more than what it really is. Move on up a notch by learning from it.

Edited by Fastfingers, 13 January 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#14 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

How bout activating David Reed,Omar Brown,and Adrian Hamilton for the next game,all good special teams players that were not active against Denver.

#15 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Any update on Bernard Pierce?

#16 Adamame

Adamame

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Watching the game live I immediately saw the difference in the way we punted. Straight down, collapse the middle of the field with three gunners and one man back with Koch. After that punt return Trindon had a tough time getting any yards. The kickoff return I'll chalk up as Trindon being Trindon, but all in all, we cannot afford to make those miscues next week.

#17 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

When all was said and done yesterday, we played great overall, but those 2 returns could have been the difference in the game. Take those away and we win more easily. This is something we didn't allow all year, and now is not the time to give up these huge plays. However, I'm confident this will get fixed.

#18 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Looks like we're heading to NE next Sunday. Rematch time.

#19 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I think that we looked foolish on kickoff coverage. Putting D. Reed back at gunner isn't a bad idea. It's definitely worth looking at before we play the Patriots again. Hey, we fixed the offensive line by finally putting Big Mac at LT, Big Mike at RT, and Big Ose at RG. Yanda didn't need fixing. There's nothing we can do about fixing Birk this year, but that remains a work in progress, especially if he retires at the end of the year. This has opened up the passing game. I really hope Pierce is ready for the next round. We really need him. The defense has improved a lot at the end of the season. We will match into (N.E.) and come out with the AFC Championship trophy this time.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 13 January 2013 - 11:20 PM.
Profanity

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#20 skipshonda

skipshonda

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

What it seems everyone missed on the pats return for a touch down was one of the return team players blocked in the back and took down a Raven that opened the hole for the return had the officials done thier job it would not have gone for the touch down. Way to go Ravens for ove
rcoming and getting the win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users