Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Skip Bayless has a change of heart about Flacco

39 posts in this topic

[url="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/290295134409588736"]https://twitter.com/...295134409588736[/url]

Skip Bayless tweeted "Hail Flacco !" and did a 15 sec video giving him his props.Its about time he finally acknowledged that Flaccos a good QB.Hopefully the rest of the media hops on that bandwagon too...

Well if you read through all of Skip's in game tweets he rode the Broncos bandwagon allll the way till we won it. He is just an Elite QB fanboy and statistic clinger. His favorite QB is Tom Brady haha no surprise there, and he never depicts the underdogs to win, but for some reason he is also the biggest Tim Tebow fan on planet earth. Skip does make for some good points and one of the most entertaining sports shows on TV (ESPN First Take), but man he never supports Flacco, and never will. He always refers to him as "Joe Fluke-o" and says the Ravens defense leads us to the playoffs and to all the wins not Flacco. So I will never want Skip to be any way shape or form of a Ravens supporter just because, well he is probably the biggest Ravens hater out there. All he will say come Monday is that yea the Ravens played [i]ok[/i]...BUT the Broncos flat out sucked. haha

I told the people watching the game with me, when #5 makes plays like that, people can't continue to just talk about other QBs or just bash Smokin Joe, without just looking foolish.

But I will give Skip some credit for posting a video saying what he said, because we have guys who post her that won't even log on because Flacco is playing great

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1358075083' post='1309096']
Nope don't want them on the bandwagon :drums:
[/quote]

I'll take anybody on the bandwagon. But I'm glad Flacco proved fans like myself right and guys like Bayless wrong.

He can Skip his happy little arse right off a cliff. We don't need yea, FLIP Classless

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1358075083' post='1309096']
Nope don't want them on the bandwagon :drums:
[/quote]

They are like discarded used up chewing gum, clinging to the bottom of we real fans shoes. Who needs them. Its easy to root for the team that won. after the game. Have some class and either root for them before the game or stick with your original loser team.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1358091216' post='1309331']
Even Mike Preston has changed his mind saying the Flacco legend is materializing .

That's from the ultimate Flacco hater .
[/quote]

at least Preston had the guts to be the only Sun guy to pick the Ravens to win.

It was hilarious to watch the three talking heads sitting at the desk on NFLN after the game last night. The looks on their faces were priceless.......like they just left a funeral.

[quote name='Bump N Run' timestamp='1358092399' post='1309358']
at least Preston had the guts to be the only Sun guy to pick the Ravens to win.
[/quote]

I for one was shocked he picked the ravens.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1358085556' post='1309204']
He can Skip his happy little arse right off a cliff. We don't need yea, [b]FLIP Classless[/b]
[/quote]

exactly! this cat is a slug! he flip flops and hedges bets (as Stephen A. Smith says) all the time!

~Mili

[indent=1]I think he is just afraid Joe is going to outplay his "Bad Man" again this year. Hopefully we can get Haloti, Pernell, Krug, and T-Sizzle to pressure Brady so we can make that happen.[/indent]

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1358075831' post='1309098']He is just an Elite QB fanboy
[/quote]

What better way to settle the "Is Flacco Elite" arguments than to quote his biggest hater?

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358129730' post='1310825']
What better way to settle the "Is Flacco Elite" arguments than to quote his biggest hater?
[/quote]
Slow your roll, all I was saying was that Skip likes the "big name QBs" like Tom Brady, and he always bashes on Flacco, why is that so bad? Do you think Flacco is elite? I would say Joe is developing into an elite QB, he is becoming a more "clutch QB". He just had arguably the best game of his career but I guarantee you until he either wins a superbowl, or starts putting up pro bowl caliber statistics the general NFL audience will continue to look upon him as an average QB like Skip Bayless does which is my main point. Although personally I love Flacco as our starting QB and I always argue with those who say we should have QB competition or another QB is the better option to lead us to the superbowl. I feel like if not this year, Flacco will be the QB to get us there in the future.

Skip defines an elite QB as one who averages 5000passing yards and 40tds a season and is the hottest name going into the playoffs and has been there before and so on. I define an elite player as one who can lead there team through the tough games and put up big numbers when the chips are down regu;ar season aside. Joe just did that yesterday but Skip Bayless is the type of person to make excuses as to why Flacco is still not elite. If Joe wins a superbowl I bet you Skip will make up some sorry excuse as to why he is still an average QB. He will be like "yeaaa a ring is cool but try and do it on a harder defense, or play better during the regular season". Thats what I am getting at. Of coarse quoting skip bayless wont end the "Is Flacco elite" arguments, and like I said even if Flacco wins a superbowl I bet you there will still be haters out there. Phil Simms said this year that Eli Manning is not an elite QB, while I think Eli is very elite. I also think Joe will be elite one day too, he is already on the right track and is becoming a very clutch dependable QB. If we win the superbowl IDC if he breaks a record for INTs next season he has to move up in the ranks big time. Like I always say Flacco isnt the best QB, he might overthrow here or there or struggle with some things but Im pretty sure no other QB has been to the playoffs 5 years straight with atleast 1 win and 3 championship appearances.

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1358137602' post='1311098']
Slow your roll, all I was saying was that Skip likes the "big name QBs" like Tom Brady, and he always bashes on Flacco, why is that so bad? Do you think Flacco is elite? I would say Joe is developing into an elite QB, he is becoming a more "clutch QB". He just had arguably the best game of his career but I guarantee you until he either wins a superbowl, or starts putting up pro bowl caliber statistics the general NFL audience will continue to look upon him as an average QB like Skip Bayless does which is my main point. Although personally I love Flacco as our starting QB and I always argue with those who say we should have QB competition or another QB is the better option to lead us to the superbowl. I feel like if not this year, Flacco will be the QB to get us there in the future.

Skip defines an elite QB as one who averages 5000passing yards and 40tds a season and is the hottest name going into the playoffs and has been there before and so on. I define an elite player as one who can lead there team through the tough games and put up big numbers when the chips are down regu;ar season aside. Joe just did that yesterday but Skip Bayless is the type of person to make excuses as to why Flacco is still not elite. If Joe wins a superbowl I bet you Skip will make up some sorry excuse as to why he is still an average QB. He will be like "yeaaa a ring is cool but try and do it on a harder defense, or play better during the regular season". Thats what I am getting at. Of coarse quoting skip bayless wont end the "Is Flacco elite" arguments, and like I said even if Flacco wins a superbowl I bet you there will still be haters out there. Phil Simms said this year that Eli Manning is not an elite QB, while I think Eli is very elite. I also think Joe will be elite one day too, he is already on the right track and is becoming a very clutch dependable QB. If we win the superbowl IDC if he breaks a record for INTs next season he has to move up in the ranks big time. Like I always say Flacco isnt the best QB, he might overthrow here or there or struggle with some things but Im pretty sure no other QB has been to the playoffs 5 years straight with atleast 1 win and 3 championship appearances.
[/quote]

My point was simply that instead of listening to idiotic "I want Tyrod" rants, even Flacco's biggest detractors are saying he is a stud.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358137808' post='1311105']
My point was simply that instead of listening to idiotic "I want Tyrod" rants, even Flacco's biggest detractors are saying he is a stud.
[/quote]
Your right , but Skip Bayless, and the other "Flacco haters" may support him after he dominates a game. But Skip applauded him for going toe to toe with Brady last year too, yet still bashes on Flacco all the time and so do most of the others. Like I said this will likely continue until Flacco wins a superbowl, which hopefully will be in a couple weeks, so everyone will give him the respect he deserves.

As much as I hate Skip Bayless, Ashley Fox, Pete Prisco, Heath Evans, and that other fat guy on NFL.com whose name escapes me, at least Skip had the courage to come out and say he was wrong about Flacco.

Where are the others? In hiding and full of hate I figure!