Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Divisional Playoffs Game Recap: Ravens 38, Broncos 35 (2OT)

114 posts in this topic

Doubted all week long, the Ravens notched one of the greatest wins in franchise history, 38-35.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Divisional-Playoffs-Game-Recap-Ravens-38-Broncos-35-2OT/9d640f33-6b84-4f0d-b139-731476d5e0c7]View the full article[/url]

RAVENS BABY! No one aside from the organization and us fans thought they would do it! Amazing win for Ray, the team, the fan base, and what an EPIC battle. Clash of the Titans was a proper title for this game. This will be an instant classic. I can't remember a single game that could compare to the intensity and the craziness that this one did. One more to go!

1st playoff game: 2 lost fumbles and we won.

2nd playoff game: 2 special team returns for a TD and we won.

PREDICTION:
3rd game: 2 INTs and we will win.

SB: NO MISTAKES AND WE WILL WIN!!!

"Sometimes people deserve more... Sometimes people deserve... to have their faith rewarded."

18/34 330yds 3 TD's... "He's not a hero. He's a silent guardian; A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

I will always remember this one. Wife and I went on an emotional roller coaster watching this one. Our kids thought we were going crazy after Tuck punched it through the uprights.

I am glad to share all of the Ravens ups and downs with all the great fans and writers on this site. Next Sunday everyone just collectively close our eyes and in your mind visualize Ray and Joe holding that Lombardi Trophy right before the game, at halftime and with 2 min left and our collective mind power will help the Ravens propel forward.

One more hurdle to jump through before New Orleans....This win is going to make them even tougher.

[quote name='Ravens4Liife' timestamp='1358055377' post='1308638']
RAVENS BABY! No one aside from the organization and us fans thought they would do it! Amazing win for Ray, the team, the fan base, and what an EPIC battle. Clash of the Titans was a proper title for this game. This will be an instant classic. I can't remember a single game that could compare to the intensity and the craziness that this one did. One more to go!
[/quote]

Wait a minute now, Chris Berman from ESPN actually picked us to go to the super bowl and he picked the Ravens to win today. So at least one person outside of a Raven fan, outside the Baltimore Market had some faith in our road warriors!!!

I swear we are a team of destiny. If there was ever a year where we were meant or destined to play for the superbowl and win it...This is the year! One more game! We are not done yet!!!!

[quote name='lancoMike' timestamp='1358057925' post='1308804']
If we still had Cam... it's hard to imagine winning this game. :-/
[/quote]

I dunno, for a while there I thought Cam mighta had Caldwell tied up in a corner or somethin....lotta run, run, pass.

4th longest game in history... whoa, what a rollercoaster that was! I hope the Ravens get to play on Sunday so that they'll have an extra day to recharge!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 13, 2013 - Profanity · Report post

Mink - good article, but what we are interested in is what all the people who didn't give us a shot have to say.[list]
[*]They can't beat Manning cause he's owned them for 10 games
[*]They can't beat the Broncos cause they won 11 straight
[*]They can't win at Mile High because that thin air punishes visiting teams and Denver is 13-3 in playoffs there...(13-4 now mofos)
[*]They played too many snaps against Indianapolis last week and the defense will be tired
[*]Manning is a step up in class over Andrew Luck
[*]Joe Flacco has never stepped up in big games
[*]Ray Lewis doesn't make the difference (I guess 4 other missing starters probably don't either...?)
[*]Oh and my personal favorite - Broncos win 34 - 14...Broncos win 38 - 7...Broncos win 28-24...WHERE IN THE EFF DO THESE PEOPLE GET THEIR NUMBERS from. How did they know how many points they would score and how many points we would score when they predict the final game score
[*][insert whatever else you heard this week]
[/list]

Any fan of football has to agree that this is one of the best playoffs games they had ever seen.

5 lead changes, big play after big play from both teams,cold football weather, double overtime. 3 first ballot hall of famers on the field.

No one outside of Ravens faithful gave them a chance.
I would like to hear what Trevor Pryce and that Denver columnist has to say now. ...Nothing

Joe Flacco, Wow, if you give him time, he can be great
Oline stepped up big time
T. Smith worked Bailey and disrupted their defense scheme
Cory Graham game breaking plays
D-line had key 3rd and short stops
Yanda Pushing Rice over the first down marker in 2nd overtime
Tucker 47 yd game winner
Awesome!

Everyone - please go here and make a comment. Don't rub it in. Just ask for all the people that predicted a Broncos victory without a shadow of a doubt

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22363125/broncos-peyton-manning-playoffs-ravens-shock

[quote name='law215' timestamp='1358059016' post='1308870']
Any fan of football has to agree that this is one of the best playoffs games they had ever seen.

5 lead changes, big play after big play from both teams,cold football weather, double overtime. 3 first ballot hall of famers on the field.

No one outside of Ravens faithful gave them a chance.
I would like to hear what Trevor Pryce and that Denver columnist has to say now. ...Nothing

Joe Flacco, Wow, if you give him time, he can be great
Oline stepped up big time
T. Smith worked Bailey and disrupted their defense scheme
Cory Graham game breaking plays
D-line had key 3rd and short stops
Yanda Pushing Rice over the first down marker in 2nd overtime
Tucker 47 yd game winner
Awesome!
[/quote]

Wjat did Trevor Pryce say?

Huge Ravens win. One win until the SB. Joe Flacco proved again he is a big game QB.

http://sportsunbiased.com/nfl/976/baltimore-ravens-joe-flacco-best-quarterback-from-the-2008-nfl-draft/#comment-67

One of the WORST ALL TIME safety, belying his name, plays of all time playoff history! THANK YOU! All contributions are sincerely appreciated! Go Ravens. Again, like on PBS, Thank you!

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1358058825' post='1308856']
Mink - good article, but what we are interested in is what all the people who didn't give us a shot have to say.[list]
[*]They can't beat Manning cause he's owned them for 10 games
[*]They can't beat the Broncos cause they won 11 straight
[*]They can't win at Mile High because that thin air punishes visiting teams and Denver is 13-3 in playoffs there...(13-4 now mofos)
[*]They played too many snaps against Indianapolis last week and the defense will be tired
[*]Manning is a step up in class over Andrew Luck
[*]Joe Flacco has never stepped up in big games
[*]Ray Lewis doesn't make the difference (I guess 4 other missing starters probably don't either...?)
[*]Oh and my personal favorite - Broncos win 34 - 14...Broncos win 38 - 7...Broncos win 28-24...WHERE IN THE EFF DO THESE PEOPLE GET THEIR NUMBERS from. How did they know how many points they would score and how many points we would score when they predict the final game score
[*][insert whatever else you heard this week]
[/list]
[/quote] i was told this week that i'm fat and my ravens suck....but who fat's now huh? :D

This game was amazing for many reasons, but what truly separates it from the usual Ravens win is that we were by far the better team. Don't believe me? Take away the two stand-alone plays in which kick returns were taken in for TDs, and this game wouldn't even have been close. The Ravens showed more resilience than I've seen in years, and while the playcalling was overly predictable (Rice on 1st and 2nd, then a pass on 3rd, anyone?) this team never gave up. They bent but did not break. BIG congrats do our Division Champ Ravens.

I have heard the same things...everyone doubting the Ravens. But i know they are #1. And it's not just about ability. This teams faithcarries them above and beyond their shortcomings.

Aaaahhhh! Dang this feels great! I am so happy and excited. I've come down from my adrenaline high, but I'm in another world right now. Everyone keeps doubting us. I didn't have too much faith in us winning. I thought we could win. I knew we at least had a chance, but I didn't think we would. Peyton played a heck of a game, but in the end, he made the biggest mistakes and we capitalized off of every single one. So Skip Bayless, how you like Flacco now?! Keep making yourself look bad. I'm gonna enjoy this win in Happyville.

Man this win was better than Christmas and New Year stacked from the last 5 years for me!!!!
Best game I've ever watched as a football fan not jus Ravens fan EVER!!!! 2 down 2 to go!