Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jacoby Jones’ ‘Crazy’ Touchdown Changes Game

45 posts in this topic

Jacoby Jones’ 70-yard touchdown tied the game and set up overtime.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jacoby-Jones’-‘Crazy’-Touchdown-Changes-Game/a8e695d0-1997-4f1f-83ad-961891706ac9]View the full article[/url]

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 13, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

Flacco still receiving hate from ESPN. His "Total QBR" is slightly higher than Mannings (who had a horrible game). All good. FLacco will keep putting up points and results. He has achieved as much post season success in 5 years, as Manning had in 10 years.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 13, 2013 - Inappropriate remark, in poor taste · Report post

"I tried and tried to fight him off, but he just kept going, I had no control."
-Champ Bailey in tears on getting raped by T.Smith

Of course Flacco will keep getting over looked when experts are wrong what do they do keep bashing.And for Jacoby Jones what a great pick up by the Ravens

Its a win, win. Peyton now has loads of time to give away 2 million free Papa John's pizzas!

Someone posted this already but felt like it deserved a repost...

"If this rust belt town needed a bib to catch all the sentimental tears shed at the last home game of iconic linebacker Ray Lewis, how is Baltimore going to handle the emotional breakdown when the Broncos force him into retirement as a loser." - Mike Kiszla, Denver Post, days prior to the game.

Hit him up at mkiszla@denverpost.com to tell him what we really think of him here in Baltimore.

have to admit. Jacoby had me reliving shades of the past couple seasons when he dropped the 3rd down catch. Flashes of Lee Evans and TJ Hous came to mind, but he answered big time!

I thought it would be Torrey beating Champ deep to propel us to victory, but instead- it was Jacoby! Way to beat even the "best" to be the heroes, men!

@MrRavens: that was the 'only' disapointment of the play, No TD dance? But it aint over til its over

I was looking for him to dance too lol. But that moment was so much bigger than a dance. In that situation it was really no reason to showboat. It saved the game and gave us a shot to win. And I'm proud of Jacoby. He made the game changing play that Lee Evans or TJ Houshmandzadeh couldn't make the years before. He's been making a difference all season and I'm glad to have him. lol. I recall the day Houston released him and the first thing I said was "GO GET HIM!" So glad we did it. #GORAVENS!

I seriously thought our season was going to end by dropped passes yet again! Jacoby missed that easy catch then Pitta missed that 4th and 5. ALL the odds were against us, BUT!!! Jacoby YET AGAIN came up HUUUUUGGGEEEE for this team and delivered yet another game changing epic moment for the ravens record books. Jacoby Jones you sir have found your permanent home here in Charm City! As well as Corey Graham! Thank you both for the countless opportunities you have given this team, the city, and us the fans!!!!

[quote name='MrRavens' timestamp='1358054961' post='1308601']
Was anyone else waiting for a touchdown dance?
[/quote]

You'll get your dance. He has another return in him this season. Hopefully we get that in 3 weeks...but if it's next week, we'll take it all the same

With Smith, Pitta, Dickson and Jones in the backfield, the Ravens' receiving game will have many more prosperous seasons to come!

[quote name='yanmei89' timestamp='1358054186' post='1308544']
Flacco still receiving hate from ESPN. His "Total QBR" is slightly higher than Mannings (who had a horrible game). All good. FLacco will keep putting up points and results. He has achieved as much post season success in 5 years, as Manning had in 10 years.
[/quote]
Flacco benefited from a top 5 defense his whole career...Manning is the greatest

You know if the roles were reverse and Manning with seconds left threw a 70-yd bomb that tied the game to go into overtime, media would act like he's the second coming or something. Joe get no respect. Reminds me of the 2000 season when Billick held up the newspaper "Titans is best team in NFL, But Not today!"

Joe was the best on the field today. The numbers and results show that.

we have playmakers on offense, Flacco just has to put the extra work in with the guys to work on timing and chemistry to make sure everybody knows when the ball is coming to them

The more we work Jacoby into the passing game the deadlier our passing game becomes! I was upset when he dropped that short pass, but he definitely came back to redeem himself. And the way Joe moved in the pocket, had the vision to see Jacoby, and sling it was simply beautiful.

[quote name='ravensykoh' timestamp='1358057905' post='1308801']
I seriously thought our season was going to end by dropped passes yet again! Jacoby missed that easy catch then Pitta missed that 4th and 5. ALL the odds were against us......
[/quote]
I am soooo glad that Denver chose to take time off the clock by running the ball. I too, thought the script had been written as the special teams breakdowns and numerous "questionable" calls by the NFL's henchmen did their work.

The Ravens did a lot wrong and still won. I'm looking forward to the special teams not giving away 14 points, Pitta and Jones NOT dropping critical passes and the Lombardi Trophy coming back to Baltimore. Ain't it great to not hear all the "one and done" fans and prognosticators? Ain't the beer cold!

Absolutely LOVE the way our offense played this game. When you think about it, the D limited Denver to just 3 touchdowns, if it weren't for the returns, we woulda won by more.

They didn't think Joe Flacco could throw it any further so they let Jacoby Jones slip past them. Champ Bailey says in his head "He can't possibly throw it any further" and the next thing he looks up and the ball sails over his head.... Joe stood tall in the pocket and his line protected him. Good job offense.

Chris Berman, NFL Sunday Countdown, just called the pass the "Rocky Mountain Rainbow" while going through the game highlights.