Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Patriot_Way

Admit it. You want the Patriots.

84 posts in this topic

Of course we want the patriots but sorry I'm not afraid of the patriots as for gronk he was healthy anyone who danced like he did at that club could have played the game .

im just happy its either my pats going to the superbowl or ravens and ray lewis instead of stupid manning and his overrated broncos. I think 49ers will be in the superbowl too

I'm more worried about either of the two NFC teams right now than New England. Not that I'm looking past the championship game, but on an even field, New England is the team I'd most like to see. That being said, I was rooting for New England to win in spite of the fact that I think the Ravens would handle Houston better than New England.
Here's hoping for the Harbaugh Bowl Part II.

The Texans OL and DL are a hideous mismatch for the Ravens. Ravens got stuffed last year men vs boy style. Thankfully its the Pats

"Admit it. You Want the Patriots."

Just got back in town and missed your post...but yeah. They are the measure of the AFC and I should like to see how we fair against Coach Hoody and Mr. Terrific. "The Kings in the North", those Pats, and deservedly so.

I feel this match up will bring more emotion out of our team.
And anyone that knows the Ravens, knows that our team runs on emotion. ;)

Hey Ravens, best of luck against New England. Someone's got to take these guys down. We couldn't do it, but hopefully you guys can. I'll be pulling for ya.

Go get em.

Of course we want the Patriots! There is some unfinished business we need to settle from last year. Unfortunately for NE, this game will not be decided by Bill's and Tom's X's and O's. It will be decided by Jims and Joes --- Caldwell and Flacco, that is.
Good luck, Ravens!

TRIVIA Question: What is a group of ravens called?
Answer: An unkindness

So, when the whistle blows in Foxboro, the Patriots will be greeted by an unkindness of Ravens. How appropriate!

I have so many Pats fans friends I should start questioning my life decisions.

Of course this is the game I want, but no I am not scared in the least. These teams are evenly matched and except for a certain playoff game 3 years ago, they are always close.

I know we can win and most importantly every single man in our locker room knows we can win. The hardest part is the waiting.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1358129988' post='1310835']

Don't want to burst your bubble but I wasn't any more or less afraid of the Pats than the Texans. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses. It was a coin toss as to which I would rather see. I am not saying I am sorry that we get to thrash the Pats on-route to Rays last SB ring, though.
[/quote]

I think we matchup better with the Pats then Texans . I just do .thats why I wanted the Pats

Classy original post from an opposing fan. Definitely, we wanted the Patriots. I'd be willing to bet you this: motivation as a team to overcome adversity > motivation to help your QB reach more personal records.

And then there's the detail of your field general retiring (although he has bequeathed his spot to Flacco).

I truly hope no Patriot fans are looking past this game. We're for real. Nothing flaps us. Nothing.

BRAVEN

Im not afraid of the patriots and yes i wanted them.. if our defense can do that to peyton manning then we can defeat anyone. bring on the pats

as a pats fan..i wanted the ravens as well...even though manning is a choker come playoffs. I wanted the ravens. I feel like it will be an easier game than going to mile high...expecailly at home. broncos and texans suck...really just the pats and ravens this year even though headed into the playoffs it looked much different

[quote name='The_Patriot_Way' timestamp='1358049974' post='1308261']
You're more scared of the Patriots than you are of the Texans, but you want them anyway.
I know you.

An AFC Championship game rematch in Gillette stadium. Last year we barely beat you and a lot of what that Patriots team in 2011 had it had to leave in that game to escape with the victory. We went into the Superbowl wounded for having played the Ravens in the AFCCG.

If you win, there's that.

And if you lose, can you honestly say there is another offensive player in the league more fitting to play opposite Ray Lewis his last game than Tom Brady?

Congratulations on your win against Baltimore. I knew Baltimore would win, and I didn't doubt Flacco when everyone else in my living room left thinking it was over.

Now, if Tom Brady can defeat Houston, Tom Brady will surpass Joe Montana for most wins by a quarterback in post season history.

He'll now (hopefully) do it on the same weekend Peyton Manning tied those with the `record` for most post season losses.

Thank you, Baltimore.
[/quote]

We are nowhere near scared, we are licking our chops at the chance at redemption. Joe constantly outplays Brady. The Ravens are the only team in the NFL to constantly apply real pressure to Brady. For the record, the Patriots didn't beat us last year, we beat ourselves, but a win is still a win. That Pats had nothing to do with Cundiff's kick going wide right.t. The Patriot's success is mainly due to being fortunate enough to be in one of the weakest divisions in the AFC.When their season starts, you might as well pencil in 6 wins automatically due to how bad the Jets, Bill and Dolphins are in the AFC East, After that, the Pats only have to win 6 out of their remaining 10 games outside their division, to usually go 12-4 and end up with a 2nd or 1st round bye.

[quote name='Ray Ray Ravens' timestamp='1358439206' post='1315528']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJxOUcwPV4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJxOUcwPV4[/url]
[/quote]
Lol. That's clever.

You're more scared of the Patriots than you are of the Texans, but you want them anyway.
I know you.

An AFC Championship game rematch in Gillette stadium. Last year we barely beat you and a lot of what that Patriots team in 2011 had it had to leave in that game to escape with the victory. We went into the Superbowl wounded for having played the Ravens in the AFCCG.

And if you lose, can you honestly say there is another offensive player in the league more fitting to play opposite Ray Lewis his last game than Tom Brady?

Congratulations on your win against Baltimore. I knew Baltimore would win, and I didn't doubt Flacco when everyone else in my living room left thinking it was over.

Now, if Tom Brady can defeat Houston, Tom Brady will surpass Joe Montana for most wins by a quarterback in post season history.

He'll now (hopefully) do it on the same weekend Peyton Manning tied those with the `record` for most post season losses.

Thank you, Baltimore.
[/quote]

FIRST, the RAVENS fear NO ONE!!!

But you are right about one thing, we wouldn't want it any other way! We spotted Manning 14 points, which is something we will not be doing for Brady and I can also guarantee that Brady isn't going to put up a bunch of TDs against our defense, they are playing RELENTLESS and they definitely have a chip on their shoulder and they are looking for redemption this weekend. Good luck stopping Suggs, Ngata, Kruger, Upshaw and I sure hope Pollard doesn't break Brady's leg again...

If we lose Sunday, I still would have wanted the Patriots instead of the Texans. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Crybaby, whiny as Brady is; he's one of the best QB's in modern NFL history. The Patriots, as tired as I am of hearing how good they are; they win for a reason. They're a great team (more or less because of the QB-head coach combination). So if we get beat, I still would have been happy we played the Patriots. But I don't think we'll get beat; IF we play OUR game.

Hello everybody, I'm from Italy and I'm a fan of Ravens. I liked very much the games vs. the Colts and the Broncos, and I hope Ravens will beat the Patriots and arrive to the Superbowl. Greetings from Italy - Giorgio

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1358352000' post='1314122']
Of course we want the Patriots! There is some unfinished business we need to settle from last year. Unfortunately for NE, this game will not be decided by Bill's and Tom's X's and O's. It will be decided by Jims and Joes --- Caldwell and Flacco, that is.
Good luck, Ravens!

TRIVIA Question: What is a group of ravens called?
Answer: An unkindness

So, when the whistle blows in Foxboro, the Patriots will be greeted by an unkindness of Ravens. How appropriate!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]They can also be referred to as a "constable" or "conspiracy".[/i][/font]

I know you.

Thank you, Baltimore.
[/quote]

FIRST, the RAVENS fear NO ONE!!!

But you are right about one thing, we wouldn't want it any other way! We spotted Manning 14 points, which is something we will not be doing for Brady and I can also guarantee that Brady isn't going to put up a bunch of TDs against our defense, they are playing RELENTLESS and they definitely have a chip on their shoulder and they are looking for redemption this weekend. Good luck stopping Suggs, Ngata, Kruger, Upshaw and I sure hope Pollard doesn't break Brady's leg again...

Scare of what? We just
1 Beat the number one seeded team Broncos
2. We did it on a short seek
3. In a high altitude environment,
4. On the road
5. Against one of the elite quarterbacks in the game Peyton Manning
. So with that being said, why would we fear the Patriots?

I know you.

Thank you, Baltimore.
[/quote]
You're right.

We came. We saw. We conquered.

We'll see you next year. You'll see us in New Orleans on February 3rd, 2013. Playing in the Super Bowl.