Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

A Flacco Thread

• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

#61 ArmyRavensFan

ArmyRavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

The O line played a good game. Joe played a game to make the line look better. He rolled out and made plays. Under Cam Joe would have waited for the sacks or sack/fumbles. I have not seen Joe run like this since his rookie year. He is as big, fast and as agile as others but he has been pushed to trust his line. A line that he has not been comfortable with in a collapsing pocket. We have seen him run out and make plays or get a throw away. He just outplayed the "MacBook"!! Anything less has a virus.

What do you expect? Once Apple started building MACs in china the quality has gone down.

#62 Ray Ray Ravens

Ray Ray Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

A little tipsy but I hope you understand.
Posted Image

#63 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Haha don't count on it. Skip will do anything to deflect credit away from Flacco. Either pin the loss on Manning so he can talk about how great Brady is (provided they win this week) or just say he heaves throws up and the receivers do all the work, or blame the defenders for just having a bad day. Just like after Joe had the comeback drive in Pittsburgh last year, his rationale was Ryan Clark should've picked it off (the TD throw to Torrey).

More likely Skip will be talking about some phantom officiating - that was his major excuse after we beat the Patriots.

#64 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Happiest man in town tonight.................Joe's agent!!!

#65 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

The O line played a good game. Joe played a game to make the line look better. He rolled out and made plays. Under Cam Joe would have waited for the sacks or sack/fumbles. I have not seen Joe run like this since his rookie year. He is as big, fast and as agile as others but he has been pushed to trust his line. A line that he has not been comfortable with in a collapsing pocket. We have seen him run out and make plays or get a throw away. He just outplayed the "MacBook"!! Anything less has a virus.

I actually agree. The OL certainly played better then usual, but it was still noticeable that they had a rough time handling the Denver pass rush. That pocket got small FAST. And when you compare it to the pocket Manning was standing in for most of game, the difference was huge.

bJNF689.jpg

#66 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Joe Linta: "Yes, Mr. Newsome... I've been expecting your call."

#67 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I actually agree. The OL certainly played better then usual, but it was still noticeable that they had a rough time handling the Denver pass rush. That pocket got small FAST. And when you compare it to the pocket Manning was standing in for most of game, the difference was huge.

Yeah Manning had a ton more time then Joe to throw the ball . Not even close .

#68 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Pay da man! Flacco haters fall back,get out, leave.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#69 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

haha, nice

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#70 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

You know, first of all I hate labeling guys "elite" or whatever, but I have refrained from calling Flacco that. But it is time to seriously start giving this guy the respect he deserves. He has become the guy that nobody wants to face in the postseason. I expect New England to be our opponents next week. If Flacco once again outplays Brady, in another postseason appearance (where the Brady hype train began), then maybe it's time to put Flacco up there with the game's best.

I am sorry, but the tales of the elite QBs that carry their teams are analyst fairy tales. You need elite players around you to be an elite QB and while the Ravens are certainly getting there, lets not equate the Ravens O with what a Drew Brees can throw the ball to. And btw, anybody could look elite while playing against Bradys divisional rivals. I mean, the Dolphins, the Jets and the Bills?

bJNF689.jpg

#71 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I am sorry, but the tales of the elite QBs that carry their teams are analyst fairy tales. You need elite players around you to be an elite QB and while the Ravens are certainly getting there, lets not equate the Ravens O with what a Drew Brees can throw the ball to. And btw, anybody could look elite while playing against Bradys divisional rivals. I mean, the Dolphins, the Jets and the Bills?

All you need to do is look at last year's AFCCG - Flacco put up 2 TDs and should have had a 3rd, but his team managed just 20 points. Brady threw no TDs and had 2 picks, yet his team managed to put up 23 points.

#72 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

All you need to do is look at last year's AFCCG - Flacco put up 2 TDs and should have had a 3rd, but his team managed just 20 points. Brady threw no TDs and had 2 picks, yet his team managed to put up 23 points.

How about Superbowl XIII? Cowboys vs Steeler. Staubach vs Bradshaw. Staubachs receivers let him down. And Bradshaw had two HoFs to throw the ball to. So who is the better QB? Staubach or Bradshaw?

bJNF689.jpg

#73 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Haha don't count on it. Skip will do anything to deflect credit away from Flacco. Either pin the loss on Manning so he can talk about how great Brady is (provided they win this week) or just say he heaves throws up and the receivers do all the work, or blame the defenders for just having a bad day. Just like after Joe had the comeback drive in Pittsburgh last year, his rationale was Ryan Clark should've picked it off (the TD throw to Torrey).

Absolutely. Que "JONES WAS WIDE OPEN!!!!". Haha Skip Blame-less, always scapegoating his way out of supporting those who prosper in the big games.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#74 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Absolutely. Que "JONES WAS WIDE OPEN!!!!". Haha Skip Blame-less, always scapegoating his way out of supporting those who prosper in the big games.

Actually, he DID give Joe some credit. Just checked his twitter out of curiosity, posted a short tout video giving him a little love. I don't expect much more though.

#75 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

wow this must be the end of the world. Skip DID acknowledge joe.

http://www.tout.com/...00?ref=twma8woh
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#76 Token

Token

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

He steps up his playoff game vs. top 5 QBs.
Posted Image

#77 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#78 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

The only thing Flacco ever needed was to have a solid offensive line that could give him time and a decent play calling offensive coordinator that could call plays to give his receivers separation. In the last two games against playoff teams(colts and broncos), the team has scored 62 points. Getting rid of Cam has proven to have been a great decision by harbs. Flacco now looks more comfortable now that he has Caldwell. Ray Lewis even said that he has passed the leadership torch over to Flacco. This game winning against Peyton was a coming of age came for Joe just like it was last year when he out dueled Brady in his house.

#79 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Amazing!

#80 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007