436 replies to this topic

#41 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Nobody cares about your sudden praise for Flacco. We all know it will disappear just as fast the next time he has a bad game

This!
Posted Image

#42 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

on that pass to pitta that was broken up there was single coverage on torrey, coulda been 6. Couple of missed passes and this wouldn't be so close. can't make the same mistakes next week. Must control time of possession.

Seriously? You're going to hate on Joe right now? Without Joe... this game would've been over by halftime. Cheer up, man! We won!

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#43 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

on that pass to pitta that was broken up there was single coverage on torrey, coulda been 6. Couple of missed passes and this wouldn't be so close. can't make the same mistakes next week. Must control time of possession.

Baaahhhahahahahhahahahha!
Posted Image

#44 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

What can you say that hasn't already been said? Joe... he has outplayed Tom Brady in New England... he has outplayed Peyton Manning in Denver.

What more does he have to prove outside of a Super Bowl appearance/win?

Thats just it, once he gets to the superbowl he will pretty much have no more chips on his shoulder. Its funny some commentators were talking about Manning after todays loss bringing up the fact that he does struggle in the post season, he has made 2 superbowl appearances and has a ring, but still he had the opportunities to do much much more. Although Peyton is arguably the best regular season QB he only has 1 ring despite many post season upsets like the one to Mark Sanchez 2 seasons ago, and others. Flacco has already made and won the most consecutive playoff appearances I beleive, or somewhere close to it-5 straight years making it to the playoffs with at least 1 playoff victory and this will make his 3rd AFC title game. And HE, not the defense has been the benefactor for the most part-like you said outplaying Brady last year and outplaying the best team in all of football today. People will always criticize Flacco for his inconsistancy in the regular season. But he plays pretty well in the post season.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#45 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

It looks like Flacco has finally come of age. I have to give Caldwell credit for his playcalling which is off the charts better than Cam. Is it any room left on the wagon for me or do I have to walk? I thought Flacco would play well today and the Ravens would win. That aside from all my rants on Flacco this season the humble pie tastes great would anyone like some? :football:

Joe is stacking up good games and it's great to see.

Next stop AFC Championship!!

Anybody can change. I accept that. You can have my seat if no one else is willing to give you a chance. Just don't make me regret this. ;)

login.png

#46 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Seriously? You're going to hate on Joe right now? Without Joe... this game would've been over by halftime. Cheer up, man! We won!

No no, That was Joe's a game. I'm just saying he had a great game with just a few mistakes. I see how that came off hard. I'm on Flacco's band wagon. That was possibly his best game. And I'm perfectly confident in his ability to make it to the superbowl. Now to beat the NFC representative is going to be really difficult.

Edited by izvoodoo, 12 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#47 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thats just it, once he gets to the superbowl he will pretty much have no more chips on his shoulder. Its funny some commentators were talking about Manning after todays loss bringing up the fact that he does struggle in the post season, he has made 2 superbowl appearances and has a ring, but still he had the opportunities to do much much more. Although Peyton is arguably the best regular season QB he only has 1 ring despite many post season upsets like the one to Mark Sanchez 2 seasons ago, and others. Flacco has already made and won the most consecutive playoff appearances I beleive, or somewhere close to it-5 straight years making it to the playoffs with at least 1 playoff victory and this will make his 3rd AFC title game. And HE, not the defense has been the benefactor for the most part-like you said outplaying Brady last year and outplaying the best team in all of football today. People will always criticize Flacco for his inconsistancy in the regular season. But he plays pretty well in the post season.

Completely agree with everything you've said. Like you, I just don't get it. With everything that Joe has done in his five-year career -- you think he'd get more love than what he does. Everyone is just too busy watching Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Worthlessburger and Ryan... Joe has more than earned his spot at the table, in my opinion.

login.png

#48 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

No no, That was Joe's a game. I'm just saying he had a great game with just a few mistakes. I see how that came off hard. I'm on Flacco's band wagon. That was possibly his best game. And I'm perfectly confident in his ability to make it to the superbowl. Now to beat the NFC representative is going to be really difficult.

*smack on the helmet* You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

login.png

#49 Ray Ray Ravens

Ray Ray Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Joe Flacco is my QB!! Is he your QB????
Posted Image

#50 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Completely agree with everything you've said. Like you, I just don't get it. With everything that Joe has done in his five-year career -- you think he'd get more love than what he does. Everyone is just too busy watching Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Worthlessburger and Ryan... Joe has more than earned his spot at the table, in my opinion.

I think we just live in a fantasy football-esque world where everyone cares about the regular season stats. But nothing matters until these big games and since last year (and even before then in some instances), Flacco seems to be much better than even the best of them.

#51 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

After every good game, and especially going into this game, all anyone outside of B-more has to say about this guy is "Yeah, but..."

This week it was "Yeah, but he struggles away from home." "Yeah, but not against this Broncos defense." "Yeah, but" nothing. Flacco proved why he is deserving of the elite title. You go into a well-rested, 4-time MVP's house on a short week and outmatch him? When you're playing the crowd AND the stiffer defense? You travel two time-zones into an altitude you've never played at before? And put the team on your back? THAT's what an elite quarterback does. Only a select few QBs in the league could've done that.

Edited by hawkprey, 12 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#52 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think we just live in a fantasy football-esque world where everyone cares about the regular season stats. But nothing matters until these big games and since last year (and even before then in some instances), Flacco seems to be much better than even the best of them.

Honestly, I want to win the Super Bowl so badly this year (not just for Ray) but to finally get these pundits and naysayers off Joe's heels.

Ever since Lamarr Woodley said we'd never win a SB with Joe... I've just felt this chip on Joe's shoulder.

login.png

#53 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

After every good game, and especially going into this game, all anyone outside of B-more has to say about this guy is "Yeah, but..."

This week it was "Yeah, but he struggles away from home." "Yeah, but not against this Broncos defense." "Yeah, but" nothing. Flacco proved why he is deserving of the elite title. You go into a well-rested, 4-time MVP's house on a short week and outmatch him? When you're playing the crowd AND the stiffer defense? You travel two time-zones into an altitude you've never played at before? And put the team on your back? THAT's what an elite quarterback does. Only a select few QBs in the league could've done that.

You've got me all hyped up again!

login.png

#54 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Im eager to see how Skip bayless likes eating his words...with cream and sugar or in a nice bowl of cereal. He is arguably the biggest Flacco hater on the planet always referring to him as "Joe Fluke-o". It is going to be a glorious week of ESPN First Take! haha

#55 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Man what a game. Who woulda thought 10 degree weather called for a QB shootout.

As for Flacco, he earned his money today. I truly believe he can lead this team to the SB. Now we see what a coordinator change has done to our QB (and a halfway decent line for a change). He truly stepped up like i thought he would. He may be inconsistentyl good but he is consistently clutch. Good luck next week.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#56 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Honestly, I want to win the Super Bowl so badly this year (not just for Ray) but to finally get these pundits and naysayers off Joe's heels.

Ever since Lamarr Woodley said we'd never win a SB with Joe... I've just felt this chip on Joe's shoulder.

yeah when he said that I have wanted the ravens to win one even more if that was possible.

#57 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Joe will never beat Brady head to head, never beat Eli head to head and
NEVER beat Peyton head to head !!! Never ever .

Oh he did this all in one year ? Sorry

#58 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Im eager to see how Skip bayless likes eating his words...with cream and sugar or in a nice bowl of cereal. He is arguably the biggest Flacco hater on the planet always referring to him as "Joe Fluke-o". It is going to be a glorious week of ESPN First Take! haha

Haha don't count on it. Skip will do anything to deflect credit away from Flacco. Either pin the loss on Manning so he can talk about how great Brady is (provided they win this week) or just say he heaves throws up and the receivers do all the work, or blame the defenders for just having a bad day. Just like after Joe had the comeback drive in Pittsburgh last year, his rationale was Ryan Clark should've picked it off (the TD throw to Torrey).

Edited by hawkprey, 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#59 Ray Ray Ravens

Ray Ray Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

The O line played a good game. Joe played a game to make the line look better. He rolled out and made plays. Under Cam Joe would have waited for the sacks or sack/fumbles. I have not seen Joe run like this since his rookie year. He is as big, fast and as agile as others but he has been pushed to trust his line. A line that he has not been comfortable with in a collapsing pocket. We have seen him run out and make plays or get a throw away. He just outplayed the "MacBook"!! Anything less has a virus.

Edited by Ray Ray Ravens, 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#60 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,799 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

You know, first of all I hate labeling guys "elite" or whatever, but I have refrained from calling Flacco that. But it is time to seriously start giving this guy the respect he deserves. He has become the guy that nobody wants to face in the postseason. I expect New England to be our opponents next week. If Flacco once again outplays Brady, in another postseason appearance (where the Brady hype train began), then maybe it's time to put Flacco up there with the game's best.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users