436 replies to this topic

#21 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

He blew Peyton out of water in his own icy fortress!

Lol we are in fairy tale land!

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#22 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

talk about overload. We had 32 first down snaps, 22 where runs. Roughly, I've had a few beers but that's how I counted it from espn stats. Even the announcers knew we were running every first down in the 2nd half.

We had six first down runs in the first half. So in the second half and ot, we had 16 first down runs.

Beginning to really think this comes from harbaugh

Didn't understand it at all. I thought we'd at least continue to go deep a couple times in the 2nd half too. But I'd love to hear what Caldwell says about constantly running on 1st and 2nd down. Real head-scratcher. Could've sworn Caldwell got pangs of loyalty and wanted Peyton to win. lol.

#23 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

What can you say that hasn't already been said? Joe... he has outplayed Tom Brady in New England... he has outplayed Peyton Manning in Denver.

What more does he have to prove outside of a Super Bowl appearance/win?

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#24 ArmyRavensFan

ArmyRavensFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have a hard time complaining about the game plan when the Ravens put up 38 points.

#25 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Didn't understand it at all. I thought we'd at least continue to go deep a couple times in the 2nd half too. But I'd love to hear what Caldwell says about constantly running on 1st and 2nd down. Real head-scratcher. Could've sworn Caldwell got pangs of loyalty and wanted Peyton to win. lol.

Well, lets not forget, that he is new to this team, calls plays from the playbook he didn't draw up and just called 4th NFL game in his OC career.
In the end, it's save to say that Joe plays better without Cameron's playcalling, no matter if we keep Caldwell as our OC or get someone more experienced.

bJNF689.jpg

#26 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,111 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

now that is how i expect my QB to play! wow! much respect and love for Joe Flacco! he was ballin' tonight! Joe has now beaten both manning boys when he really needed to! great job to Joe and the crew!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#27 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

on that pass to pitta that was broken up there was single coverage on torrey, coulda been 6. Couple of missed passes and this wouldn't be so close. can't make the same mistakes next week. Must control time of possession.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#28 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I think Joe easily could have put up 400 yards and a 4 TD pass if they didn't just overload rice with wasteful carries and let Joe pass the rock

yeah i dint get that... joe was pretty hot, why not let him throw a little in overtime. every single 1st and 2nd down was a run. i was waiting for the play action but it never happened lol. whatever, a wins a win. im content.
Posted Image

#29 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

If it wasn't for the unexpected Holliday, Flacco would've blown the Horses out! :deadhorse:

MOD666 SUCKS!!!!!!

#30 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Mike Preston, the only 1 of 7 Baltimore Sun's staff writers to pick the Ravens to win the game, gave Joe an "A" for today's performance:

Quarterback: A

Joe Flacco threw some excellent passes and handled pressure in the pocket well. The two touchdown passes to Torrey Smith were placed perfectly and that heave to Jacoby Jones in the final seconds was more than Denver expected. Grade: A

http://www.baltimore...68.photogallery

#31 bmoreboy02

bmoreboy02

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Joe is definitely turning into mr. January. I just dont get what it is with him in some of the regular season games. Some of his performances its so hard not to knock him and boo him and ill be tbe 1st to admit im guilty. After the pittsburgh and denver games at home i was so mad at joe. He did tbe same thing last
Year with his play in seattle jacksonville and san diego but man when joe gets in the playoffs especially against another great quarterback joe turns it up man. He makes me wana kill em in regular season but damn joe lights it up in the playoffs

#32 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

It looks like Flacco has finally come of age. I have to give Caldwell credit for his playcalling which is off the charts better than Cam. Is it any room left on the wagon for me or do I have to walk? I thought Flacco would play well today and the Ravens would win. That aside from all my rants on Flacco this season the humble pie tastes great would anyone like some? :football:

Joe is stacking up good games and it's great to see.

Next stop AFC Championship!!

#33 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

The scary thing is, he could have played better...he outplayed Manning, and her could have played better

This. Imagine when he puts two great halfs together.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#34 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

talk about overload. We had 32 first down snaps, 22 where runs. Roughly, I've had a few beers but that's how I counted it from espn stats. Even the announcers knew we were running every first down in the 2nd half.

We had six first down runs in the first half. So in the second half and ot, we had 16 first down runs.

Beginning to really think this comes from harbaugh

i know it seemed like every first down Dan Dierdorf would say "man the ravens are really predictable on first down rtunning nearly everytime". I was hoping for a big PA deep bomb but we stayed with the short power runs all the way to the field goal. That accompanied with the early on end-around seemed like the ghost of cam cameron haha

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#35 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

In the end, it's save to say that Joe plays better without Cameron's playcalling, no matter if we keep Caldwell as our OC or get someone more experienced.

Couldn't agree with you more!!!!! :)

#36 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Pay the man.

All that needs to be said. Just pay him. I can live with the regular season jibberish, the is he elite or is he not nonsense, because the man is a fire breathing dragon that eats lightning and craps thunder when it matters.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#37 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Mike Preston, the only 1 of 7 Baltimore Sun's staff writers to pick the Ravens to win the game, gave Joe an "A" for today's performance:

Quarterback: A

Joe Flacco threw some excellent passes and handled pressure in the pocket well. The two touchdown passes to Torrey Smith were placed perfectly and that heave to Jacoby Jones in the final seconds was more than Denver expected. Grade: A

http://www.baltimore...68.photogallery

Is this the apocalypse? Preston's come a looooooooooooooooong way from his Billick-hating, downing-the-Ravens days. lol.

#38 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

It looks like Flacco has finally come of age. I have to give Caldwell credit for his playcalling which is off the charts better than Cam. Is it any room left on the wagon for me or do I have to walk? I thought Flacco would play well today and the Ravens would win. That aside from all my rants on Flacco this season the humble pie tastes great would anyone like some? :football:

Nobody cares about your sudden praise for Flacco. We all know it will disappear just as fast the next time he has a bad game
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#39 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Swear I feel like I recognize so many people who doubted flacco early on this year and wanted Tyrod Taylor to play, who are on here ranting about how good he is. People doubting his skill, saying he is terrible and cant lead us to the promise land. Haha sure I have called Flacco out before.. But some people on here honestly need to really think about how valuable Flacco is to our team.

In the words of Ray Lewis 'Joe grew up today. I looked at him before we went down the tunnell and said Joe your are general now lead us to the promise land". Flacco just had the best game of his career against a top 3 defense and made every clutch throw and nearly played perfect. Flacco is our leader now and all the doubters can go be Pats fans.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#40 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

No, you had your chance. You will always be a hater. :268213:

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users